Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Pray for our family - mostly our dd -UPDATED 3/16
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for our family - mostly our dd -UPDATED 3/16 Next Topic
Page: of 2

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  05:39:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this. She's at such a delicate age and just beginning that journey into adulthood that is often fraught with peer pressure, school popularity issues, and just finding that right niche within herself.

And thank goodness you found her journal! My best advice would be to try and involve her in an activity that boosts her spirit, self confidence and self esteem without being obvious about it. Maybe something to do with animals like riding lessons - our furry friends have an uncanny way of reaching out to troubled people (kids especially.)

Also, keeping her busy so she has less time to think negative thoughts helps too. Speaking of which, kudo's to you for ridding the negative people out of her life!

I haven't read others posts, but I'm sure you thought to talk to the school counselors, teachers, etc. to see what may be going on at school. Fellow school mates can be ruthless in how they alienate and bully other kids.

That said, I'd try to do all this without being obvious about it.

Please keep us posted!

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." George Eliot

http://onceinnabluemoon.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  04:49:29 AM  Show Profile
I haven't updated in a while. It'll be 2 weeks that my dd has been in out patient therapy. She doesn't talk much about it. They're teaching her coping skills - not medicating at this point.

We had a back slide last week when I discovered that she had been texting her friends late at night. Then lied to me about it. I read the texts and didn't like what I saw. I notified her counselor about the content.

She does seem like her mood is lighter. Not all doom and gloom. Hubby & I are considering getting her the heavy bag for punching. To get her feelings out physically. She needs to get out and "air her brains out" as I like to say. We're considering entering a 5K together. She agreed only after I told her she didn't have to stick by the side of her slo-mo Mom during the entire race. I'm excited to start training with her.

We don't know when therapy will end. We have our 2nd family session today. (She will continue one on one with a therapist after this in-patient thing).

Thanks for the prayers. We surely appreciate them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  07:36:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb~ I will be praying for you and your family. I have suffered from depression - I had a nervous breakdown five years ago. I was depressed and anxious and didn't even realize it. Just kept pushing the feelings down. I've gone through inpatient, outpatient, counseling, meds, the whole gamut. I am 1,000 times beter today than I was before I was sick. Anway my point is that there is no quick fix to this. You really have to take one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time to get through this. It sounds like you have found a doctor you can trust. This is key. It also sounds like you are actively involved in your DD's life - you are there for her - that is the best gift that you can give her at this point - being there. You will be in m prayers and I will be looking for your updates. Sending love and comfort your way.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi

embchicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  09:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
My prayers are with you. I believe the journal being left out was either intentional on your DDs part, or divine. Thank God you were able to catch light of what's been going on. I slipped into a 20 year battle with depression at 13, but it went un-noticed, and un-diagnosed for 10 years. By then I was so lost and off track. I still struggle often, but mostly due to damages caused by floundering around so long with out help. Praise God you and your family have been made aware early, and can all work with your DD!
You two training together, competing together, and keeping busy, is a wonderful idea.
I'm also glad you shared the texts with the counselor. There are times, when we can be too sensitive as well, and sometimes as a teen, depressed or not, we have a few negative teen gripes and grumbles. I think it will help the counselor see if she is improving, slipping, or just blowing off steam...
Take care Deb, lots of prayers for your family.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  5:48:01 PM  Show Profile
deb prayers for all of you and the long road ahead be smooth
and bright..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  06:01:56 AM  Show Profile
I just read this and will be praying for you & your dd. Years ago my son dropped a note on his bed room floor. Normally I would of ignored it but he didn't go to the gym after school. Instead he went to a friends. I picked up the note which said his friend was going to take her life. I called her house & thankfully got her mom and read her the note. We were both upset & crying but she started taking her dd more seriously. They talked over cocoa after school everyday and before bed. The girl used to say I'm going to bed, now everyone gets a hug first. She said it was hard in the beginning but the girl is all growen up, beautiful & very happy starting a family of her own. They did not have insurance if they did I'm sure they would do just as you are doing. I believe God intervened by me finding the note and your dd leaving out her book for you to read. In the note I found she stated she had great friends & family and felt loved but still wanted to take her life. Being young back then was hard I believe it's even harder now. Prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  10:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your daughter. She is at a difficult age, during a difficult time. May she receive all the help, love and compassion she needs to overcome this.

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for our family - mostly our dd -UPDATED 3/16 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page