Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Farmgirl Out of Coma!!! UPDATE Page 4!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Farmgirl Out of Coma!!! UPDATE Page 4!!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  09:30:11 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I have Lisa's address. I am sending a card and I also e-mailed a couple of the farmgirls that met her at our WI gathering last month.
There is a picture of us all including Lisa at this topic
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47543&whichpage=3

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Feb 22 2011 09:36:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  09:34:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to learn of this. Wow. What a terrible thing. Sending prayers, will also send a card.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  11:19:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank you SO much for sharing that link, Diane, and for letting her friends from the gathering know. I know that is really important to her sister, Tammy. In all honesty, I don't know Lisa at all, other than having "seen" her in some of the forums - and she seems so sweet. She is one of the girls in our Secret Santa swap. Her Secret Santa asked me to contact her to see if she received a package sent back at the beginning of the month and the next thing I knew I received the email from Lisa's sister Tammy. I was absolutely stunned. I didn't want to post anything or give out any information without first receiving Tammy's permission, but she really sounded like this prayer chain and card shower would mean a lot. Being able to "see" Lisa's picture now really drives this home even a little more deeply. I knew the farmgirls would rise to the occasion - God bless us, every one!

Jonni - please let me know if you need her address... I'll be happy to send it to you. Bless your heart.

- Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 22 2011 11:21:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Goodness Nini, this is just horrible. Please send me her address & I will get out a card.

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile
So sad. Lots of prayers being sent her way.

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  1:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Laura - I just emailed you. Thanks so much. :)

Hi Elizabeth - your prayers mean everything, truly. Thanks to you, too! :)

- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  1:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Nini, will you please email her addy? I'd really appreciate it. Going to the post tomorrow with other mail.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  1:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jonni! Sure! I'm emailing you now... Thank you! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  2:37:01 PM  Show Profile
please email her address to me, I would like to get a card to her...thank you
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  4:33:18 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Lori! I just emailed you! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  4:43:39 PM  Show Profile
I would love to send her a card. I finally made it in to town and got stamps =) I hope that her sister will read them to her. She may be able to hear and it may give her strength and hope to know that we all are here for her too.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  4:54:27 PM  Show Profile
I have Lisa's address and will be sending a card. What sad news, but I truly believe in the power of prayer. Thank you for posting so we can all intercede on Lisa's behalf.

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Annika - thank you! Just emailed you! :)

I believe in the power of prayer, too, Betsy! You're absolutely right! Thank you for sending a card! :)

- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  5:09:39 PM  Show Profile
will be praying for lisa nd tammy and their families
blessing deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  5:21:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my heart is heavy today. I saddened by the news. I just had the oppertunity to meet Lisa at the Elegant Farmer and she is such a lovely young lady. What a horrible mishap, my sympathy and support go out to her family. Although it may seem bleak we serve a mighty God who is a healer and I prey this cheerful, warm lovely lady makes a complete recovery. Could someone please email me the contact information so that I may send a card please. Thank you.

Love will make a way out of no way. -Lynda Barry

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  5:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Deborah - I just got your email and sent you Lisa's contact information. Thanks so much!

Cheryle, I know how hard this must be for you. I don't really know Lisa, but it's breaking my heart that this has happened, too. I find a lot of comfort in knowing all of our wonderful farmgirls are praying for her, keeping her in their thoughts, and sending cards of encouragement. I'm sure that it will mean the world to Tammy and all of Lisa's loved ones, too. :) I tried to email you back through MJF, but it never confirmed that the email was sent. If you receive a few of the same emails from me, please forgive me. If you don't, please let me know and I'll try again tomorrow.

God bless this amazing sisterhood of farmgirls! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  5:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Nini, please send me Lisa's address, I would like to send a card. My family is praying for her and her family and her friends.
Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  7:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Linda - and thank you to your family, too! I just sent you the information. :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  08:29:18 AM  Show Profile
My heart is just breaking for Lisa's family as I know what they're going through. When my daughter was sixteen years old, she was seriously injured in a car accident. She had a blood clot on her brain the size of the surgeon's fist. She had brain surgery, but was not expected to make it, and if she did, they could not promise what would be left if and when she awoke from the coma. She did wake up three days later, smiled at me and said, "I love you Mom". It was only through family, friends, and people I didn't even know across the country praying for her. I'm happy to report that except for the scar across the top of her head, you can't even tell what she went through. She is now 25 years old and has been married for two years. She's my miracle child. I am praying for the same kind of miracle for Lisa.

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13573 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13573 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  09:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my! I know ALL TOO WELL about this (if you know the story of "My Sis" here in this thread)
I will pray! Makes my heart ache!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6460 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6460 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  11:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nini~ Lisa and her family are in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Please email me her address as well and I will get a card out to her too.
Thank you for letting us know.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  2:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie! Thank you! I just emailed you with the information. :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  3:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Prayers are being said. I hope she recovers.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  12:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Thank you for all of your posts, your prayers and the cards you've sent. I have received SO many emails about Lisa, that it has been a little difficult keeping up. Everyone who knows or who has met Lisa has emailed me to say what a lovely, sweet, warm person she is - that she's the type of person who, when you meet her, it's like you've known her all your life. This is just such a hard-hitting tragedy; so many people are concerned and care so deeply. Although I don't know her personally, getting to know her through the eyes and stories of you farmgirls who do know her has created such a special place in my heart for her. I, like you, really, really pray for a miracle. I keep thinking how when she wakes up ('cuz that's my prayer, and I'm stickin' to it!), how amazed she will be and loved she will feel when she sees all of our cards and letters, knowing how much all of us care! (I am also sure that all our words of support and encouragement are of great comfort to her loved ones right now.) I, like all of you, am really looking forward to getting to know this wonderful farmgirl sister of ours once she's well, too!

I know that many of you are looking for an update. I don't really have much to share, as the only communication I had with her sister Tammy was through Lisa's personal email after I contacted her for her Secret Santa. I haven't tried emailing Tammy again, because I just feel funny about peppering her with questions at a time like this, and I really want to be respectful and give Lisa and her family all the time they need. I do realize, however, that many of you are extremely concerned and hoping for some news. I assure you if I hear anything, I will share that information with you in a heartbeat! You all are so wonderful! What a blessing this sisterhood of farmgirls truly is!

Actually, a couple of farmgirls who live near Lisa have contacted me. I haven't said much online because I have been waiting to see if they can enlighten us a little more, or tell us if there is anything more we can do for Lisa and her loved ones. But I know Lisa is truly weighing heavily on your hearts, so I'll share what little I do know here now. :)

I don't know why, exactly, but at first I simply assumed that Lisa's accident had probably happened a while ago. But Diane had posted on the forum that a group of farmgirls had just met in January for a farmgirl gathering, Lisa being one of them. Then another farmgirl emailed to say she lives near Lisa, and was just getting to know Lisa fairly well. She actually had just spoken with Lisa last week, and she is in absolute shock and anguish over this. She said that Sunday into Monday they had experienced a nasty storm where they live that started as freezing rain and ended up as snow. She said it caught everyone by surprise. So that must be the blizzard that Lisa's sister Tammy mentioned in her email. It never occured to me that it would have been something so recent!

Another farmgirl emailed to say she lives about a half-hours' drive from Lisa's home. Like me, she tried to find information about the accident online, but there's just nothing out there on the web. I suppose with the weather being that bad a lot of accidents happened, and they probably can't report them all. The other farmgirl later confirmed, however, that since they have a lot of small, local papers out there, a lot of times news such as Lisa's simply isn't reported.

These two farmgirls know each other through correspondence, so they are going to see if they can get together and do something for Lisa and her family. I'm just waiting to hear from them at this point, hoping they can shed some light on Lisa's condition and as to what we farmgirls can do to help. I am very comforted in knowing they're there. Farmgirls...truly such a wonderful group of girls!

If I receive any news, I'll be sure to keep everyone informed, and I ask that all of you please do the same. I just haven't said much because I don't have any firsthand information other than my very brief emails with Lisa's sister, Tammy, through Lisa's personal email - and I have no other way to contact her. I also feel uncomfortable peppering her with questions at a time like this. She and Lisa's loved ones must be completely overwhelmed right now. I'm honestly hoping that the two farmgirls who live close by will be able to shed more light on the situation. For the time being we'll just have to keep on praying and sending words of encouragement, giving Lisa and her family all the time they need. Having said that, however, if I don't hear more in a week or so, I'll try contacting Tammy through Lisa's email again. I just want to be very respectful of their personal needs right now, you know?

Thank you all for emailing, and for your prayers, patience and understanding. It's just so hard for all of us not knowing and having to wait for news, I know.

Hugs and blessings to all of you!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 24 2011 1:02:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  2:51:10 PM  Show Profile
deleted pictures because of request by family

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Mar 27 2011 07:39:50 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Farmgirl Out of Coma!!! UPDATE Page 4!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page