OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  3:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marie, I just read and caught up on the thread. Hope you get to feeling much better. Take care of yourself. This awful flu has been going around in our area too (East Texas). The weather is much warmer here. Texas weather is so diverse. So cold at times I don’t want to leave the house, then so warm we are pulling out the summer capris! Then rain, rain, rain for the last week and a half and it feels like we need an ark! So looking forward to Spring weather and some beautiful sunshine!

I’ve been to the doc as well and am now on medication for asthma symptoms. Will be heading to a pulmonologist next week to figure out what’s going on. I’ve been staying in and taking it easy. My youngest has his license now and can drive himself to his various activities and such. He is my baby and will fly from the nest this May! My nest will be completely empty then. I am blessed to have a grandson living just down the street. He is nine months old and I so enjoy him!

Picking up on my sewing and crafting more now. Completed that 40 year old UFO and working on others! I’ve been re-learning my embroidery skills and have completed two clothes pin bags I am working on. Drafted a pattern from a picture that I saw. I embroidered a chicken on the front of one and a Raggy Ann on the other with a wash tub. Raggedy Ann reminds me of my childhood days when my Grandmother made them. My next project is a counted crossstitch insert for my grandsons first birthday. I will make a JonJon with the insert.

I have my Abbey curled up beside me keeping me company today. She is a mini schnauzer and is a year old. She is so smart and learns well. I just love her! I love the companionship she gives me! A gift from my DH last year after I cried for two months after loosing my 14 year old schnauzer. I miss her so. She was my shadow. It is just the two of us this afternoon/evening until my DH gets home from workers and my youngest is off to his youth group at church.

Tomorrow I plan to clean out and organize my sewing crafting area. I don’t know if any of you are like me, I usually have several things going at once and create such a big mess! lol! Can’t blame anyone but myself!

Well I am off to prepare for supper now. Blessings to you all!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  5:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Cleaning out your craft room is an excellent UFO project.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  5:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh I can count that! Yippee! Maybe that will give me more incentive! I will for sure have to take a before and after!

quote:
Originally posted by churunga

Cleaning out your craft room is an excellent UFO project.

Marie, Sister #5142

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  6:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Marie, letter on its way to you, wish I could be there to nurse you through your sickness. I'd appear like Mary Poppins with a satchel full of wonderful goodies. Get well, sister!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2018 :  04:29:18 AM  Show Profile
WAH! I want my sister here with me!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2018 :  10:35:22 AM  Show Profile
Omgosh, Marie! An abcessed (sp) tooth and extraction, and then the flu? Begone, February! There! That's done! Now, its March! Have a much better new month!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  2:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

I hope everyone is feeling better. Did any of you get all the snow that was forecast? We only received a dusting and some rain.

My dd is feeding the deer corn. We have five white tailed deer that come through the yard on a regular basis. She says that there is an owl who sits in the trees near the feeder in the mornings at dawn. I guess I need to get my butt out there with my camera and get a picture. My brother says that predators will sit near feeding stations to eat the mice and squirrels that come. I guess that is a set up for the rodents and a good deal for the predators. The ground is covered with a thick layer of icy snow so that must make it hard for everyone to get their bellies full.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  8:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Saturday Fang & I attended an Apple Orchard Seminar. We learned quite a lot about growing, grafting, and protecting apple trees from diseases and wildlife. 6 seedlings are in the basement, healing their grafted on scions. They will get planted in the front yard till fall, then go in their permanent spots. I'm proud of Fang, even though he wasn't as enthusiastic about it as I was, he didn't fuss (it helped that the lunch was yummy). Can't wait for spring!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  05:26:50 AM  Show Profile
We are getting a late winter sleet storm. The schools are closed so I am at home. Lowell will be going out to work and he is a little anxious about it.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  07:55:00 AM  Show Profile
Just got back from working out. It's cold and cloudy and we're supposed to get rain this evening. The weekend was chilly. but sunny. Yesterday we went to a maple syrup festival. Had an excellent pancake breakfast, checked out the craft booths, and looked around the sugar patch and house. Lots of families were there playing games with their kids too. It was a fun day.
Tomorrow is the second half of our yarn crawl. Got some beautiful yarn and fiber to spin last week and I'm sure I'll find more. My stash is getting a little carried away.
Marie, I hope you are feeling better and that the storm isn't too bad.
Hope all are well and have a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  5:41:21 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We have had constant wind for two days and nights now. Not terribly cold, however. The sky has been overcast and we have had snow occasionally. We have not even received a new half inch. DsG did say that the snow looked like little foam balls.

So, Karin you still have snow on the ground or the people stored the sap? Our season is over almost as soon as the snow leaves the ground. We still have snow at our house but most places have only a couple of inches.

I have made myself stop buying material and yarn. There are so many pretty colors and textures out there it is very addicting. But I have a sewing room I can hardly move in and I can not figure out where to start organizing it. I did get a rubbermaid container and pull out all of the flat sheets I have been saving for...... a good project...... that hasn't materialized (haha) yet.

I would like to take a class in apple tree pruning. Although when I have seen recently pruned trees they make me a little sad because most of the branches have been removed to let in the light. After the leaves come out the trees look full again. I am thinking of taking my tractor and battery powered chain saw and cutting out some of the deader looking branches and the rubbing ones while it is still cold. Ahhh, another project....

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2018 :  3:42:55 PM  Show Profile
Fang & I just returned from a short visit to my parents in Wisconsin. It was around 600 miles so we drove in one day. I thought Fang took out my bag, he thought I took it out. I didn't even realize it until we got a flat north of Chicago & I didn't see my bag. Luckily we went to a Walmart to get the tire fixed & I bought undies, another shirt, tooth stuff, and contact lens stuff. That held me for our visit. I love my parents, but they smoke so I'm doing laundry now. Dad gave us 2 plastic carboys, so we will begin making wine!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2018 :  4:52:47 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It is interesting to me that you are retired and your parents are both still alive. long lives to all of you.
Bummer about the bag. but, now you have new undies that you probably would not have bought for a while. I guess since you just moved you probably already got rid of all your old ripped pair. lol

It is snowing and has been snowing all day. It is the nice wet snow that makes good snow balls and snow men and snow forts. We have maybe ten inches so far. The storm is supposed to fall all night and most of tomorrow although someone told me we are supposed to have snow for 6 days. This is really good for the winter sports venues. People from down country will have a great time on their spring breaks. Our schools had the last week of February off and the first two days of March. I guess the colleges are different and will have their break soon.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2018 :  04:22:16 AM  Show Profile
Churunga called me last night with disturbing news: she had just got out of the hospital. Someone had pushed her and she got a head injury. I am sure that she will be here soon and will fill y'all in, but I am upset and angry that someone would hurt my sister. Pray for her healing and for justice.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2018 :  11:44:55 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

I am so sorry that Marie was hurt. I hope it was an accident and not malicious but that makes little difference when one is hurt and confused. The sidewalk conditions in her not so fair city must still be atrocious. I send thoughts for complete and quick healing to her. Thank you for letting us know.

It is very cold here. The wind is blowing strong and constantly. I took two of the little boys out to bring hay over from the other barn and it was very cold. They were strong and good workers. The snow is still knee deep in the unplowed areas. That made it harder for the littles as well. If we were not down to just one bale in the living barn then I would have waited.

C is on her way back from Nicaragua. She went with the nursing program of Norwich University. The group would drive to a village and see 300 - 400 people a day for medical care. C handed out clothes to the people who needed them. She has not had WIFI access or phone service for the week she has been there. I think she was busy enough that she did not suffer too much withdrawal. I look forward to her stories.

Have a good afternoon,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2018 :  4:55:17 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, the assault was malicious. A person who made a bad decision, probably only intending to push me back, pushed me over. As I think about this woman, I am understanding her better. She has had a hard life and is tired of people mischaracterizing her, assuming that she is too stupid to live better and be prettier. I have realized that I am this woman too. I hope to meet her again and apologize for causing her to feel misunderstood.

I am very lucky. The bleed in my brain was small and I did not have seizures, ear or eye problems. I will have to walk with a cane and will not go into work for a while. Lowell is taking good care of me. I will be resting and not moving around too much. I tried to take Mitzi out but she was too much for me. I want to go out a couple times a day and walk around the block and I will do that without her.

I am not sorry for the actions I took to call out the racism I heard. I will do it again.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Mar 17 2018 4:57:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2018 :  8:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Marie, don't mess with mean, nasty people. You did nothing to apologize for, and you were put in the hospital by her.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  11:05:57 AM  Show Profile
Well I know nothing about this woman. I may have triggered a bad memory. I have done not so nice things in public so I can sympathize. I refuse to condemn her until I know her story.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  11:57:01 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for being awol for so long. I have really missed all of you. We got a new internet service at the rv park with towers all over the place, and every time you would get online, 2 minutes later, you got kicked off. It was very frustrating to do anything on the computer. Good news though, we finally found a mobile home and moved into a 55+ mobile home park that is safe and gated. It is so quiet here, it took us awhile to sleep without all the traffic, etc. at the other place. Just got good internet, so now I am hoping to post almost daily again. I need to catch up on things.
One of my sisters passed away in December. I have 6 sisters and 2 brothers living yet. Not one of them called to let me know. I saw it on facebook!!!! There was no excuse, they all have my phone #. My niece posted it on facebook that her mother had passed. It was her only child. 4 days later, my sister's ex, my niece's dad passed away. I have yet to hear from any of my family. I am glad we are here and away from all of them!!!!
Marie, glad you are okay and on the mend. Hope all ends well.
Holly, Thank you for the wonderful card you sent awhile back. I do love your photos you take.
Hope to catch up with the rest of you too. More later,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  6:14:51 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Temperatures were in the single digits and teens today. When we woke they were below 0. I thought we were past the frigid temps. The wind has been blowing most of the day. The sun was bright and welcoming. I am glad to be making electricity. The sun takes the sting off the cold and the sun lightens life. Days on end of being overcast is like a weight on my shoulders and I do not even recognize it until it is lifted.

Jan I am glad you are back. Sorry about the family of origin. We can choose our families and many of us have. We have chosen people who look out for us and think we are good people. Find a new family.

Marie I hope your brain bleed heals quickly. I am glad Lowell has stepped up and is taking care of you. I hope he continues.

Vanessa you are a good sister. I spoke to an apple tree pruner today. Some of the trees I have been nursing along she says are full of apple borers and the tree is living on the cambium. She says I should make them into firewood and plant new ones. There is an heirloom nursery not far from here so maybe I can start new ones. It is hard to let the old ones go along.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  8:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Jan, my mother-in-law lives in a "golfing community" RV park north of Lake O, and it is so quiet that if you talk loudly all the neighbors can hear. We worried about her in summer, when there aren't many living there, but she'll be with us in a month or so.
I'm sorry to hear about your family's inconsiderate actions.

Holly, the weather affects Fang the same way. Cloudy days get him grumpy. He applied to be a substitute bus driver, which means he'll probably get a lot of work. At least he can learn all the roads around the county.

Marie, whether you upset her or not, she is responsible for her own self-control. Don't give her another chance to attack you.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  07:47:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi gals. Sorry to be missing for so long. Marie so sorry to hear about all your problems. Holly, I too have a lot of fabric and yarn and need a lot of totes for it. I have a ton of beading supplies that I would love to get rid of....been collecting it for years and have never done anything with it.
I had a friend that I worked with for over 25 years die recently. He had a heart attack in his home that he shared with a brother and sister. They were sleeping in their bedrooms and found him in the hallway when they got up. Very sad.
My job is still weird but I am adjusting to it. Miss being retired. Sigh.
Hugs to all
Janiee
Farm girl 390
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  09:11:14 AM  Show Profile
Janie, you might want to sign up for the next Travelling Craft Box in Swaps. The only problem is that you may pull more things out of it than you put in!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  4:06:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A very lovely sunny cold day. Temperatures may have been in the teens and then there was the wind which was constant. It was so nice to have the sun.

DsC had three appointments today so we spent the day in town. I am glad to have them all over in one day.

I would like to have a funny story to give you a good laugh or something to tickle your fancy but I am all out tonight.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  5:18:27 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I do not miss those cold dreary days. Here the sun shine almost every day. Keeps the spirits up. It did get cold here in January, was down to 24 degrees a few days. February was way above average, in the 80s, just when we were moving, but at least it was not humid. Bob and I moved everything by ourselves. We took 25 loads in our suv, plus 2 loads in a U-Haul van. I don't know how all that stuff fit in our 5th wheel. Did have a few loads of plants, and lots of loads of crafts and supplies.
We put our rv up for sale at the park we were in on consignment and it sold in just a few days. We should be getting a check tomorrow, then we can pay off this place. We had to buy all new furniture, and a new stove. So nice to cook on a bigger stove, and have room in the refrigerator. Our new kitchen set will be here next week. Right now we are using a patio set. One of the bedrooms is now my craft room, now I just need to find time to utilize it. I did decoupage some Easter eggs tonight for a centerpiece for the kitchen table. Seems the days are just flying by.
We are working on putting in a patio with pavers, and some flower gardening to finish, then we are pretty much set here.
Janie, what kind of work are you doing now? I do not miss working, I worked over 4 years for mostly nothing for my son. I did enjoy it, but now I don't think I could do it.
I hope everyone is now getting warmer weather. Holly, when does the maple syrup season start there?
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page