jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  3:46:25 PM  Show Profile
We go a little much needed rain yesterday, and very windy. It was sunny, windy and cool today, stayed in the 60s. Will be cooler for a couple more days. 40s at night again. I do not miss the below zero days and all that snow. Who is still getting snow?
When we moved, we ended up taking the stray cat that was dropped off at the campground almost 2 years ago. He is liking it here as an indoor cat now. Bob does not like cats, but he is getting used to him now. He is an orange tabby and very well mannered. Olivia (our yorkie) and the cat (Newton) get along great. The cat is a lot bigger than she is. Olivia still thinks she is boss and chases the cat and scolds him when he is somewhere he should not be. They chase each other down the hall and back. They both keep us laughing.
I made tacos for super tonight. I ate too much though. Tasted good for a change. We do not have them very often.
I am still knitting and crocheting. Getting another stockpile of things made up. I am hoping to sell at a holiday market in November. Just made some dog jackets, now working on more fingerless gloves. I need to use up some of my yarn before I have room for any more.
Marie, hope you are feeling better and no side effects from the fall.
Hope all is well with the rest of you. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  5:10:07 PM  Show Profile
We got some snow this morning.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2018 :  4:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Marie, hope you did not get too much snow. Hopefully you will have spring weather soon. It was 45 here this morning, but it did get up to 70. Another cold night then back in the high 70s and 80s and 60s at night.
I started a jigsaw puzzle today, a nice day to sit in the sun room and work on a puzzle. It has been a very long time since I did that. Now I have the room to leave it out and not be in the way.
Not much else new around here. Feels good to be moved and pretty much settled in. We are still recouperating from moving. If you want to feel your age, just move from one house to another. Makes you realize all the muscles you don't use on a regular basis.
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2018 :  8:06:42 PM  Show Profile
We will be getting more winter weather tonight and tomorrow.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  04:59:53 AM  Show Profile
Wednesday we got snow just as our company from FL arrived. Their German Shepherd liked it though. Its all melted off, but will snow again when they leave. Spring is unpredictable here, but it will warm up eventually.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  12:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals....I do reception/paperwork for a small hydraulic repair shop part-time. Family owned and except for me all related to each other. Strange, strange people. When I worked for school district never really had to deal with people and now that is the main focus of this job. Sigh. I am not very good at it. Working on quilt tops.May never get them quilted but I like sewing them a lot. Relaxes me. Been looking at finances and almost had a stroke when realized how much I still owe on everything. Got to come up with another way to make money. Old dog showing her age makes my heart hurt to realize that I may lose her soon. At 14she has been a part of my life for while. Got to go back to work hugs to all. Janiee
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  1:26:23 PM  Show Profile
Hugs Janiee, I live in a small town and have worked for 'family owned' businesses before. Not the easiest job. Hope things settle down for you and you can find some peace with your quilting. Embroidery is relaxing for me!
It is hard facing the end of life with a dear pet. I lost my two 14 year old schnauzers two years ago. Still me them everyday but I have my year old Abbey now and she is my shadow!

quote:
Originally posted by janiee

Hi gals....I do reception/paperwork for a small hydraulic repair shop part-time. Family owned and except for me all related to each other. Strange, strange people. When I worked for school district never really had to deal with people and now that is the main focus of this job. Sigh. I am not very good at it. Working on quilt tops.May never get them quilted but I like sewing them a lot. Relaxes me. Been looking at finances and almost had a stroke when realized how much I still owe on everything. Got to come up with another way to make money. Old dog showing her age makes my heart hurt to realize that I may lose her soon. At 14she has been a part of my life for while. Got to go back to work hugs to all. Janiee

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  4:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Today we went to thrift stores. I am looking for shelves, but did not find any, or anything else for that matter. I try not to buy things I really don't need. I do have a collection of silver plate items and hammered aluminum that I have been buying, now I have them stuffed in a cabinet and no room to display them.
It is hard to lose a pet. They are part of the family. I feel for you Janiee.
Debbie, I am going to do some embroidery on tea towels, as soon as I get all my sewing things in order.
Hope you all have a great weekend. It is supposed to warm up here. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  5:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jan, It is hard loosing our pets who are family. I am embroidering on tea towels now. I like having something in my hands to work on instead of just sitting. I embroider while watching tv and even take my bag of stuff to do while sitting in a waiting room! The weather here in East Texas is getting warmer. It was still a bit nippy this evening, enough for a light jacket or sweater. Its just right for me! I don't look forward to very hot summer weather that we get!

Have a wonderful weekend!

quote:
Originally posted by jan49829

Today we went to thrift stores. I am looking for shelves, but did not find any, or anything else for that matter. I try not to buy things I really don't need. I do have a collection of silver plate items and hammered aluminum that I have been buying, now I have them stuffed in a cabinet and no room to display them.
It is hard to lose a pet. They are part of the family. I feel for you Janiee.
Debbie, I am going to do some embroidery on tea towels, as soon as I get all my sewing things in order.
Hope you all have a great weekend. It is supposed to warm up here. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  7:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Janie, I've dealt with my pets passing away and it's never easy. They give us so much love and devotion. In Florida I fostered dachshunds for a rescue group and my husband always got emotional when they got adopted but I was happy that they were beginning a new life.
I enjoy cross stitching. I've made large pictures and small projects. I have a bunch of fingertip towels and am stitching "slobber towel", "good boy/girl" and other sayings on them.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  4:50:05 PM  Show Profile
We got our new kitchen set today. It was exactly what I wanted. Now I need to find some seat cushions, since we have wooden chairs. Makes the kitchen look bright and airy.
Got my laundry done, hung it on the line. It is so nice to be able to hangs clothes outside. I love the fresh smell. Nothing else happening around here, warmer, in the 80s.
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  06:15:57 AM  Show Profile
We're back from a quick visit to DS and his family in Va. Love getting in some Gram time with my sweeties.
I'm beginning to think spring is going to skip us this year. We got 5" of snow yesterday and the temperature isn't really supposed to warm up any time soon. I am really ready to spend time outside.
I have been getting quite a bit of spinning and knitting done. A woman who sells her jewelry at the same gallery DH sells his pottery also runs a woman's shelter and is trying to get a men's shelter going. She is starting a consignment shop to raise money for them and DH will be selling pottery there also. I am thinking about selling some knitted items there. She is in her late 70s and can still work circles around most of us.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  4:30:23 PM  Show Profile
Karin, nice that you are able to go visit family often. That would be good if you could sell your hand knit items. I had a spinning wheel and could not get the hang of it. Had to sell it when we moved to Florida. I do have a drop spindle and over $100.00 of wool and alpaca roving. I need to try that again. Maybe after we get our patio done. We started laying down pavers today, need to go get more. We only get so many at a time because they are so heavy and we only want to haul so many in the car. We do not have a truck for hauling. It gets hot here in the sun, so we try to work outdoors in the morning before it gets too hot, so a little at a time. The yard here was pretty neglected, so will take awhile to get it looking the way we want, but we have all the time in the world to work on it.
It has been quiet on here, hope you are all well and able to get online. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  4:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I tried to update my computer and it crashed. The Mac Nurse fixed it. He has given me a couple of lessons and I hope I remember them.

So, this was one of the lessons. HOw to load a picture. Before I clicked and clicked and it came from the photo file. Now I have to move the picture from the photo file to the desktop and then it will load. This is dsC who jumped off the porch into the snow pile. Then he raised his arms and the coat turned inside out and he slid down some more. I dug him out with one scoop of the tractor bucket.

Today was in the high thirties. Our solar panels have made more electricity this month than in all the months since October when we had them put up. It is nice we are now contributing to the power supply instead of just taking.

Our Brittany Spaniel is more than 14 years old. We have a ramp on the back of the house and it is how he gets down to do his business each day. He can get up the stairs pretty well. The vet told us several years ago that he needed to lose weight because it would be easier on his hips. He has lost 30 pounds and still has 15 to go to be at his ideal weight. I doubt he will lose that 15 pounds because he is not at all active anymore. it is hard to lose the animals that have been with us so long.

Glad you are happy in your new home, Jan. I am glad it will soon be paid off, what a relief to not have a mortgage. It is maple sugaring season now. Some people have had their trees tapped for a month or so now.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2018 :  1:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Whoa! Look at all that snow! Kentucky never got that much. Janet, slow and steady is the way to go, especially in the heat. Keep hydrated! I have the same project as you do - our property has 2 big trees and a little tree, but no flowers or bushes or garden. I have to remind myself not to jump into a bunch of projects like making terraces or planting Willy-nilly.
We made our first batch of wine a few days ago & its perking away happily. Unfortunately I dropped in the yeast enrichment packet before I sprinkled in the yeast (poor eyesight). My dad said it should be ok, but I'm upset I didn't pay attention.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2018 :  04:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

Slow and steady on the landscaping. Ask the neighbors for some of their perennial thinnings. Remember we are not the young, agile people we once were. Try to figure out how to do raised beds they are so much easier on the back and on weeding. We have conservation districts here and in the spring they have tree and bush sales.

Is that beer or wine?

The rain has moved in and will reduce the snow pack some more. The snow dsC jumped into was mostly the shoveling from the porch. The snow on the ground was about 3 feet deep.

I keep hearing a bird somewhere in the trees that sounds like a male cardinal but I can not see him to identify him. We have a new set of tufted titmouse at least I think that is what they are and not cedar waxwings. I am not familiar enough with their calls to know if they are similar.

Jan I bet you can make some seat cushions that would be the exact color and shape that you want. You are very clever.

Look for the moments of joy in our day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2018 :  07:15:00 AM  Show Profile
This carboy has wine. We've already made beer, but Fang prefers commercial brands.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2018 :  1:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to tell all of you that the "oh, she's old " junk mailer has caught up with me. Today I received an advertisement for hearing aids and an advertisement for Life line. lol

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2018 :  4:56:50 PM  Show Profile
We get robo-calls like that all the time.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  07:21:37 AM  Show Profile
Holly, just wait until you start getting the "soon it will be time to apply for Medicare"!

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  5:04:28 PM  Show Profile
Seems the only mail we get these days is junk mail. Fills up the trash I a hurry.
What kind of wine are you making Vanessa?
Holly, that I a lot of snow. Good for the littles to play in though. Looks pretty clean and white.
We put in more pavers on the patio. I think 12 more will finish it off. Plan on getting those tomorrow. Then I can start decorating back there. My patio set is waiting patiently. Then I can finish getting my planters where I want them. I have patio fruit trees in pots. One orange, one lemon and one lime tree, all with fruit on them. Plus 2 pineapple trees that are not producing yet. I had to leave my banana trees behind, they were too big to dig up. It is so different gardening here in Florida compared to Michigan. Here I get tomatoes in March, in Michigan, not until August. It is too hot here for most vegetables in the summer, so they get planted here in the fall. You would think watermelons would be in season year round here, but they are not. Only in late spring and summer.
Time to get my jammies on and watch some tv in bed. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2018 :  12:56:53 PM  Show Profile
be bottling Chardonnay, but I want to make Green Apple Riesling soon.
Jan, when I lived in Florida I gave up on tomatoes because of all the bugs & diseases. Today I transplanted the clematis and am putting up my bird feeder.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2018 :  1:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Have to add pictures. It is sunny but windy.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2018 :  05:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter all! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  2:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

We had a very nice day. DsE came to visit for the day. The littles had he played card games a good share of the afternoon. It is nice that they do this because dsE moved out before they moved in so they have no familial memories except card playing and hanging out now.

I put plastic eggs out in the yard. it took them twenty minutes not to find all of the eggs. I did not hide them in really hard places just a big yard. Then afterwards two the of them went out and found more eggs. They were so happy. Before the hunt a raven came and took one of the eggs away. We have had this happen before. It is a little disconcerting and a lot funny.

Today we did errands and school work.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page