High Strung
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michelle
Brownsburg IN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  3:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm Michelle from Indiana (NW of Indy) and have been a farmgirl all my life. I grew up on a Dairy farm and have always done the things farmgirls do, cook/bake, garden, canning & crafts. I also make & sell jewelry in my spare time, love books, and am anxious to get back to a farm and raise my kids. What a great place to meet other farmgirls!

Any other Hoosier (or Boilermaker ) farmgirls out there?

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  3:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle!! How wonderful to have grown up on a dairy farm. My mom had that experience.. I would have loved it. I have my first milk cow (for a year now) and didn't get her until I was 47...but I am sure loving it! I love your sign in name..fits me sometimes too!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  3:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the group nice to have you here.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  3:36:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm Laura from New York (upstate in the Adirondacks).This is my first post! I have two daughters 9 & 6 yrs. old. We have a small farm, chickens mainly layers,( we sell the eggs at our local co-op)2 rabbits, honeybees, and turkeys. I love to cook, garden, craft, & sew. I am excited to get to know everyone. I have been reading the forum for a few months now.You girls have some some great tips &I loved the yo-yo quilting forum. I love the blogs, I don't know how to start a blog page. any advice?
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  3:37:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Michelle and Laura!!! Welcome to both of you - I can tell that you've both found a second "home" here - you'll just love all of the gals. It's great to have you!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

High Strung
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michelle
Brownsburg IN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  3:56:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm excited to be here and look forward to getting to know everyone.
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  7:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle!!
I am a farmgirl at heart but grew up in the city. Loved being at my grandparent's farms!! Guess that was all it took to become one myself!! Welcome to the group.

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  8:41:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle! Welcome to the group.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  07:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hi Michelle!
Welcome and so happy you found us! You have so many things in common with so many of us! You will fit right in! I also can not wait to get my kids out on a farm as well! I look forward to getting to know you better as I see you around!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  7:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Hi from Plainfield IN, Michelle! I think there are a few of us around. I'd really like to see us get a chapter together or maybe one exists and I haven't bumped into it yet. I'm pretty new to this too.
Candace

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  8:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle,
Welcome to the group! I'm another would-be Farmgirl who can't wait to get my kids onto the farm (they can't wait either as I have been telling them all their lives that it WILL happen one day!) All the best luck to all of us, wishing, and just keep on dreaming and planning - I'm sure it will happen!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  06:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi Michelle! Hi Laura! Welcome, Welcome(one for each of you). Do you have any photos of your jewelry, Michelle? You're both going to love it here.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

High Strung
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michelle
Brownsburg IN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh thanks for asking about my jewelry! I love to talk about it but didn't want to throw it out there unsolicited. I have a website www.highstrungstudio.com but I must warn you that there are only a few things on there. I put together a few "standards" for the web site but have much better luck with my one of a kind items. I do make more natural-type stuff with lots of semi-precious stones, it just hasn't made it on there yet. I'll have to post a picture or two of my most recent creations (if I can figure it out).
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  3:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle!!!

I'm a fellow Hoosier, I am from Southern IN

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

High Strung
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michelle
Brownsburg IN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  4:14:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad to see other Indiana girls out there. Candace, you're so close!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Indiana Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page