Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic
Page: of 10

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  11:38:24 AM  Show Profile

Hello Farmgirls!

You are cordially invited

To join us

For Very Special Farmgirl Event

A Virtual Autumn Gathering

Right Here On The Farmgirl Connection

Beginning Saturday, September 21st

Throughout

Then Entire Fall Season

Post Your Favorite Stories, Pictures, and More

As We Gather Together

To Celebrate Fall

Over Cider, Tea, Coffee and Goodies

Come, Share, Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Your Farmgirl Sisters

Sharon (aka Calicogirl) and Nini (aka Ninibini)

See you soon!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 18 2013 10:36:37 AM

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3001 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3001 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  1:11:24 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful picture! It's definitely feeling like fall here in Ohio. We cleaned out the chimney and started our woodstove yesterday. It's supposed to be back up to 80 this week, but our old farmhouse doesn't stay warm enough when it gets down to the 40's at night. Had some apple cider and hot chocolate too!! I love fall.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  4:12:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I am so ready for Fall. Such a fun time of year. We just got dipped into the 60s today, but only for a few days... Not quite apple cider time yet, so I will just enjoy an iced coffee instead!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  07:06:40 AM  Show Profile
Me, too, girls! I'm ready! We've been having some chilly weather (There were frost warnings a little bit north of here - can you believe it? So early!), and everyone is just so much more well-rested and cheerful. I'm doing my fall cleaning, slowly but surely, and checking my "to do" lists for fall preps around the house. I can't WAIT for our virtual gathering - I'm hoping all of us will share pics of our autumn homes and stories of the fun things we're doing to celebrate the season. Please get ready to share!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  09:44:31 AM  Show Profile
NIni- Did you mean Saturday September 21st? You listed August 21st in the invitation. Love that photo and what a great idea too! I know that many farmgirls are already getting cooler temps in the day and nights so they will be able to share those beautiful transitions. Yesterday, I saw that The Fresh Market got their pumpkins in for the season. They looked so beautiful all piled together at the entrance. Love that big splash of orange! It is still very warm and humid here with tropical type weather and random thunderstorms. More unrest in the lower Gulf which will mean more waves of tropical rains for the weekend in the panhandle of Florida. For us in the center, it just means more humid and warm days. The virtual visit will be a fun way to live vicariously into the Fall Equinox which begins Sunday September 22! Finally, we can say Fall is here!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:36:06 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Oh for Pete's sake... My head would spin off if my neck didn't firmly hold it down... Thank you, Winnie! YES! Saturday, September 21st!!!

Our market has mums and pumpkins in front, and big ol' cinnamon scented pinecones in bins at the door... Smells so darned good... :)

See you all Saturday!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:39:01 AM  Show Profile
Do you think I should change it to Sunday, instead? I won't be home either day, but I can definitely change the date if you think it will be better! I'm going to have to get my stuff posted EARLY either morning, so that's fine with me. Just say the word! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  1:53:54 PM  Show Profile
Yay Nini!!!! Fall is on it's way! This will be fun gals :) The nights have been in the forties here and day time high 60's-70 degrees. I LOVE this weather.

Nini, whatever day works for you, I will pop on when I can :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  2:04:53 PM  Show Profile
Nini- I would just stick with your original plan. Let's get started on the celebrations because in my book, it was "Fall come September 1" !!!!! It is so hot down here that you have to create your own seasonal calendar unless you are into flip flops and shorts all year long. Can I just say I sure wish we had some of that cooler weather you have been having in PA and CO recently. That just sounds so lovely to me. Yep, all of the stores now have all the necessary "fix ins" now in stock and like you mentioned, many Farmgirls are already seeing 40s at night and cooler days. We are having two of Warren's friends here for a long weekend for the University of Florida/Tennessee game so I will post as soon as I can get some free moments. Oh, and I bought another bag of Fresh Market's Pumpkin Spice Coffee to enjoy so I am ready , A/C and all!! LOL!

Everyone, don't forget to look at the Harvest Moon tonight! It should be a beauty!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3001 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3001 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  07:22:43 AM  Show Profile
It was a big, beautiful moon here in Ohio last night!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  08:40:35 AM  Show Profile
Fall has come to Wyoming. I had to scrap my window this morning while wearing flip flops. Ids that strange to any one else? *S*

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  09:37:29 AM  Show Profile
This morning is the first time the furnace has come on more than once. So I can say here it's fall! We're having some 60º days and colder nights. No frost yet, but that'll come in October. I love this time of year in the NW. We have sunny afternoons, sometimes foggy mornings and cool evenings. A short errand planned and then some sewing! Yeah! Been helping out with our quilt show planned this weekend. Now I have a day for me!

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  10:34:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Heather! How I would've loved to see that moon with you! Please post pictures, if you can!

Sherone - how cold is it out there?

Sylvia - so funny you say that! Yesterday, my hubby got two calls from family to have their furnace fired up, and one call from a regular client who wants a new furnace installed as soon as possible! I'm holding out as long as possible before putting the heat on, but it looks as though we all have the same thoughts about keeping warm in common!

Our temps went down into the forties at night a couple of times already, so out came the down comforter. I love cozying up under the blankets on cold nights... And I've been making piping hot casseroles already, too! I am SO loving this time of year!!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3001 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3001 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  11:01:44 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Nini - I didn't have my camera with me outside last night. I'll see what happens tonight :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  11:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! Last night my husband and I went out to the prairie south of town and watched the Harvest Moon rise. It was one big yellow spectacular beauty! Here is a photo my husband took where he filtered out everything but the moon.

How cool is that moon???!!! Too bad it did not bring us any cooler weather. Today is still hot and humid.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  11:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Nini - it was 29 dgrees this morning at 5 am

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  08:10:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, girls!

I have to apologize - my son and I both have 102 temps, chills, congestion... we're miserable. I just want to crawl back into bed. Will you all PLEASE start the gathering for me today? I just can't do it. I promise as soon as I'm better I'll be posting welcoming gathering pictures and fall inspiration, but right now, I am just not feeling well at all. This is such a bummer... but isn't it just the way?

Thank you so much in advance for your understanding! Please - enjoy the start of our wonderful autumn celebration! I'll be with you as soon as I can. I am so, so sorry. I feel so, so bad!!!

Hugs and love - and HEALTH to you all!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9251 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9251 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  09:54:54 AM  Show Profile
So today is the day! Happy to find this thread and join in. I have my coffee and am enjoying the nice cool weather today. Supposed to be a high in the 70's.

I have decorated up the inside of the house for fall but haven't gotten around to the outside yet.
Will try to get some photos to put up of what I have done.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  10:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Be Well my Sisters. Autumn is my all time favorite season. Ahhh, I am remember my trip to Germany last fall. The photos posted below are from that trip to the Lake Constance area. The year went by quickly, and again the time of color and preparation for dormancy has arrived. Remember, even the wildlife take time out for rest and rejuvenation. Here is a quote from George Eliot, "Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it and if I were a bird I would fly around the earth seeking successive autumns." Now it is time for us to make some homemade pumpkin soup!
Thank you all for your company this past year. I enjoy your postings.
Happy Autumn :-) Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.

Edited by - AnnieinIdaho on Sep 21 2013 10:31:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  1:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
Another posting,(because this topic inspired me to look at my photos I took during Autumn in years past)to share with you some scenery I enjoyed. I used to hesitate to share my photos with folks because it can be boring to others if they have not experienced it. But then one year I shared some e-albums I had with a friend who was bedridden with serious cancer. I did it not to make her feel bad she couldn't get out and about, but because she still deserved to see the most amazing beauty of earth. I let her access 350 photos from my trips to the National Parks I visited. She wrote back it was great to see them and helped her visit the earth even though it was a virtual tour. Two weeks later she went blind from the trial medications for cancer she was in research with. She died three weeks after that. I do feel it was divine intervention I sent her the last photos of earth she was able to see. So, from then on, when I am inspired to share my photos I think there just may be reason unknown to me. Have fun seeing these Autumn photos taken last year. Be well and joyful giving thanks. "We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing..." Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  1:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Nini, you take care of your self and your family! I am praying for you!

Ladies, I'm sorry I wasn't able to post until now.

Winnie, great photo! I just love it :) I love catching a moon rise :)

Denise, I can't wait to see your photos :) I have not started yet, canning and freezing have taken over :) Great photo!

Annie, beautiful post! I love your photos too! Pioneer Woman recently posted a recipe for Pumpkin Soup that I want to try. What is that yummy meal in the last photo?

This morning was a busy morning roasting and freezing Banana Squash for winter. I sure am glad that the temperature has dropped some. Sunny today with a slight cool breeze. I started out the day with a hot cup of coffee in hand reading my Bible on the beautiful Adirondack type chair my honey made for me.

I am anxiously awaiting the Aspens turning. We are planning a drive, probably in a couple of weeks, complete with picnic lunch :)

later this afternoon, I will be making some Chai concentrate to start my mornings with :)

Do you like coffee, tea, or cocoa (or cider)?

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon

Edited by - Calicogirl on Sep 21 2013 2:58:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  1:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,for those of you who enjoy tea, here is a link for 3 free samples of Twinings Tea. There are some seasonal samples available

http://pantry.twiningsusa.com/

Isn't this cute? I love Victorian Trading Company items

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  5:06:02 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, Our favorite store again! that is so cute!!Winnie ,that pic is fabulous, we were able to see it here too, No clouds! Annie your pics are wonderful !!I love seeing everyone's pics!! !Connie
Imagine....#3392 Finally feels like Fall here in West Tennessee! high of 78 today and going down to 55 tonight!

Edited by - Killarney on Sep 21 2013 5:07:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  5:09:51 PM  Show Profile

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  3:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message

Loving all the wonderful Autumn pictures. I'm sorry I'm a bit late to the Autumn party but I brought a plate of pumpkin cookies along. Here's the Better Homes and Gardens Recipe if anyone is interested. Enjoy!
Melt-in-your-mouth-pumpkin cookies
yield: about 60 cookies prep time: 30 minutes cook time: 10 minutes per batch
Ingredients:

2 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
4 cups all-purpose flour

Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (add until desired consistency/firmness)
ground cinnamon sprinkled on top (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat the 2 cups of butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder,baking soda,salt,the 1 teaspoon cinnamon,and the nutmeg. Beat until combined. Beat in the eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Beat in as much of the four as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.

2. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

3. For frosting, in a small saucepan heat the 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until melted and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread frosting on cookies. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.

Better Homes and Gardens

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://pinterest.com/ctapestry/

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  5:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Love the Recipe Cheryl! Hello Farm Girls! Hugs!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page