Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic
Page: of 10

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  11:37:52 AM  Show Profile

Well, girls hope these images show up because it won't allow me to preview. Took these pictures
yesterday. And yes, I love seasonal coffee...and made my own.

Alyce...thanks for that recipe...sounds yummy!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  3:29:32 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I love them all! They each draw me in for a closer look!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  3:35:52 PM  Show Profile
Yeah - LOVE your pics, Peggy!! Okay... will you be so gracious as to share your coffee recipe? My gosh - that looks amazing!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  5:04:21 PM  Show Profile
OK...the coffee was easy. I just use either my favorite instant coffee or brewed. I love to brew Carmel Coffees
in the Fall and then I use pumpkin spice coffee creamer/or egg nog (which is already out in your market places)
or French Vanilla creamer and then I use cool whip to top it off and add plain cinnamon or cinnamon coffee sprinkles.
Your Imagination is limitless!

Also, now in Starbucks Via Packets...you can buy Pumpkin Spice. I think you get just five in the pkg but that
is even a quicker and easier way to do it.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 15 2013 5:06:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  5:12:55 PM  Show Profile
YUMMY! Peggy!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  5:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
That sure beats my old cup of joe! Sounds good with the eggnog.

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  7:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  7:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh YUM Peggy! I think I will have to make that this weekend when we are supposed to get our first freeze.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  05:30:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Peggy!!! I've been drinking a small cup of Pumpkin Spice every morning... A wonderful way to start a glorious autumn day! :)

Love that crate, Connie! What a pretty autumn still life! :)

Saturday's bushel of apples has already dwindled down to a half bushel... I'm looking at what's left and thinking we're going to have to head out again and buy more. This is just not enough for what I had planned for them. We just can't seem to resist them. <Sigh> Well, I SUPPOSE I can DRAG myself BACK to the FARM if I HAVE to... LOL! Secretly? I've been hoping I'd have an excuse! ;)

Happy day, girls!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  10:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Those photos are beautiful! And your coffee concoction looks so delicious! I wish I could try a cup right now!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  10:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Winnie! that pic of Peggy's Coffee makes me want to stick my finger in it! LOL! I was just about to email you to say ,I just had a yummy cup of your "Warm Apple Pie " coffee blend you sent me in the Fall Swap! It is wonderful! Thanks again!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3004 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3004 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  5:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I want to go for a run through the trees in your last picture!!

Alyce, Thanks for sharing. I just got a gallon of apple cider so I can try it!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  10:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Connie...dip your finger in...I know you just want some of the whipped topping. LOL

Heather...I'm with you...let's go for a jog through those trees.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9252 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9252 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  03:46:15 AM  Show Profile
Where do you get your pumpkin spice coffee? One of the swaps I did I received some and now it is gone. I haven't been able to find it here. Any ideas?

The pictures are beautiful and you guys are making me homesick. I am hoping one day to move back home where I grew up. We went to visit the beginning of September and it was beautiful, not like during the peak of fall but it is always beautiful. I always thought it strange that NY was not included in the New England states.

Love this thread and thank you so much for starting it! Just amazing how gorgeous everything gets right before winter. But then every season has its lovlies!

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 17 2013 03:49:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  05:29:11 AM  Show Profile
Denise - I used to get the most wonderful pumpkin spice coffee by Arbuckle's coffee in little one-pot packets at the grocery store. Loved it so much, that I bought it in bulk (along with a few other flavors) direct from the company one year. http://www.arbucklecoffee.com . I just checked their website, and it seems they do not make it any more, but they do have a chocolate pumpkin pie spice that sounds decadently delicious: http://www.arbucklecoffee.com/Chocolate-Pumpkin-Pie-Spice-p/wbflpumpiechoc.htm I highly, highly recommend their coffees - I have never had a "bad" one yet!

Since then, I've been buying Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice Coffee in the Keurig K-Cups. I'm the only one who drinks flavored coffee, so this is my little splurge to myself - one small cup a day. :) If you have a Keurig, you'll love this coffee. They stopped selling it in stores locally (it's a seasonal thing), but they do have it online at their website: http://www.keurig.com/coffee/pumpkin-spice-coffee-k-cup-green-mountain . They have a special going on right now to celebrate Fair Trade Month: $1 off per box on Fair Trade Coffees (the pumpkin spice applies!). You just have to enter the code FTSAVE at the checkout. They also have free shipping on orders of $50 or more.

And you know... I am almost positive Winnie or Connie posted their wonderful pumpkin spice coffee recipe on MJF recently. I just tried to find it for you, but can't find it to save my life! Girls? I can't remember who posted it, but it was wonderful. I thought I saved it, but I didn't! UGH! Please post it again for us!!! Thanks so much!

New York is absolutely GORGEOUS this time of year!!! And when we lived up in NE, I loved coming back here to visit my hubby's parents in the fall because we'd always drive through the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut - it is SO beautiful there, too. Autumnal beauty abounds everywhere - even if only in the memory of our hearts. :)

Have a great day, girls!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  08:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Great photos girls!

There is a website where you can purchase natural flavorings for coffee or tea: http://www.naturesflavors.com
My honey and I have purchased Roasted Chestnut at Christmas time to add to his home roasted coffee for flavoring. Some of the flavors that they have are Apple Cider, Pumpkin, Praline, Rum Raisin and Gingerbread. :)

Have you girls seen this tumblr?

http://themurmuringcottage.tumblr.com/

She has such beautiful photos and there is an archive from last Fall too. Oh and please note the foliage map she posts :)

The temperature this morning was 27 degrees with frost on the ground. It is nice and sunny despite the cold temperature and the leaves on the Cottonwood trees are halfway through turning completely golden I brought in some spruce and cedar firewood and when my honey gets up to get it going I am going to relax and have some Trader Joe's Sipping Cocoa while reading.

Nini, I love your quote:

"Autumnal beauty abounds everywhere - even if only in the memory of our hearts."

Awesome quote girlfriend!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  10:58:39 AM  Show Profile
Oooh! Sharon! WOW! I love the pictures on that link! All the things I love!!! I'm going to have to save that one for sure! And thank you for the awesome link for the flavorings, too! I'm going to check that out right now!

Aww... Thank you, dear friend... Sometimes it just rolls off the fingers... Don't ask me how... It just does... Well, I guess we know How... ;)

'Sounds like you've got the perfect way to start today! My is it cold there! We are just getting into the 50's this week. It's kind of sad... When my hubby left for work this morning, I noticed that things are no longer gloriously colorful.. Everything's turning brown and gray. Pretty soon I'm going to be begging for a blanket of snow to bring new beauty for us to enjoy! I'm not quite ready, but at least it's something to look forward to! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  12:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Apple pie for supper tonight, and I wanted to thank Winnie again for the Autumn Napkins, from Judy Mills Fall Swap. Makes my Pie look prettier! I will use them next Friday for my Daughters Family Birthday Supper. We always do an Autumn Theme. So she and I will get the Fancy Winnie Napkins! Hugs! My house smells so good right now while the pie is cooling!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  1:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Whoa, that pie looks absolutely fabulous!! Nothing like a hot apple pie in the fall. And I am pleased that you are enjoying the fall themed napkins too. I love how fun napkins just make the table feel more festive.

Too bad, there is no ability to share the great smells of a baking pie on the forum! Mmmmm, that pie looks so good!!!

Winnie #3109

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  7:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, Thank you! It tasted good too, if I say so myself. LOL! Recipe from the old Red Plaid Betty Crocker Cookbook that was my Granny's! When Emeril Lagasse was first on food network, he would say besides his famous "BAM!" that they needed Smellavision! LOL!! I get so hungry watching them cook on the food Network. Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  7:16:30 PM  Show Profile
I like this! My only child was born in October.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  4:07:12 PM  Show Profile

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9252 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9252 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  5:17:50 PM  Show Profile
Love that saying Connie! My second child was born in October. She never liked it but I was always glad I had one then. I have a spring, autumn and winter child in that order.

I do have a Keurig Nini and I just bought the reusable filter for it so I can use any coffee in it and buy it in a bit more bulk. I am going to check out those websites. Thank you, you always help me find what I am looking for.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  6:08:52 PM  Show Profile
Denise, your family has been in my prayers. I love that saying too, I love Fall! Holly has always loved her Oct. Birthday, she loves Fall too, she got that from her momma! I have a Keurig too and I bought that reusable filter yesterday. I love it! Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4921 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4921 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2013 :  5:42:19 PM  Show Profile

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page