Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please Pray For My Dad - He Has Gone Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Pray For My Dad - He Has Gone Home Next Topic
Page: of 2

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  04:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I'm sending prayers too. (Hugs)

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  05:09:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for you and your family.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6829 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6829 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  05:17:16 AM  Show Profile
Nini, may the Lord cover you and your step-mother in peace and his grace.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  06:03:35 AM  Show Profile
Like the poet/farmer Wendell Berry said, "After long striving, perfect ease." Blessings to you and your family, Nini.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13584 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13584 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  1:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nini,
I received your email and responded, but, again, I want to say I'm sooooo sorry! It's hard to go through losing our parents (both of mine and my in-laws are gone) but it's comforting to know their suffering is over!
I'm praying for you and your family for God's comfort, strength, encouragement and love!
LOVE YOU!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  3:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Nini - I've been away for a while, so just finally saw this post. I am so sorry for your loss and will pray for you and your family.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3308 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3308 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  8:47:44 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts are with you Nini....

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  11:46:42 PM  Show Profile
I just read your update, Nini. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  01:53:08 AM  Show Profile
Nini- Sending my deepest sympathy, love and prayers to you and your family. Peace to you and yours knowing that your dad is wrap in HIS ever loving arms. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  06:00:18 AM  Show Profile
Nini.....my heart is with you. As you know, my Daddy went home in November. Maybe they are sharing a cup of Joe. :)

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I am so sorry. May God's peace be with you. My dad got a little better right before he died, too. I think that happens quite often. Why I do not know...only God does. Prayers for you and your family.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  10:50:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much, truly. Your prayers and kindness have truly been a great blessing to me and my family. Love you all dearly - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  2:56:25 PM  Show Profile
I wish we could get together Nini so I could be there for you.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  5:29:09 PM  Show Profile
So sorry. I dread the day one of my parents pass. Praying for peace and know that he's now with God.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  10:41:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for your prayers and friendship, girls. You all mean so much to me!

Sharon, I know you're ALWAYS here for me. You are such a blessing! I hope you know I'm always here for you, too. :)

Cindy, I know... I thought I was prepared; I thought I could handle it; but I don't think there is any way we can ever be prepared. There is no experience like it. I pray your parents live forever, and that every moment shared becomes a treasured gift!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  1:23:19 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you, your dad, and your family. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  4:13:17 PM  Show Profile

Nini...So sorry about your loss...I lost my mom in January of 1983 and my dad in June 2002...The hardest 2 things I ever faced...but God will never leave you nor forsake you and will see you through all your heartache...You are in our thoughts and prayers...

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  3:56:58 PM  Show Profile
Nini I am so sorry about losing your sweet father. I have not been on Maryjanes for quite awhile due to sickness and family at my house.
I lost my father 12 years ago and its a hard one for sure.......I still miss him but the good times now are what I remember best.I can smile now when I remember him when I use to cry. Time helps us deal with loss. Praying for you girlfriend and your family.Big hugs to you and yours.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  11:43:14 AM  Show Profile
Awww... Thank you, girls. I'll tell you, nothing really does prepare you for this. I've been feeling so heavy and so "pulled under" these past few days. I guess it's a bit of depression. Can't sleep, don't feel like eating, don't feel like doing anything really; I just feel all achy and blase. If I could sleep it all away, I would; but, as you know, life's duties call. In some ways, having to keep busy is truly a blessing. The hardest part, I think, is that there is no real closure - no wake, no funeral. So indescribably weird, yet very practical, as he wanted. It kind of leaves me feeling like I'm hanging off the edge of a cliff or something, though - I can't really put it into words. It's just so different. Nobody sharing stories, no communion of hearts, no real sense of comfort at all... It's just... Weird... And empty. And because of the holidays, it has taken for-e-ver for the final arrangements to be completed, which somehow makes it that much worse. As he is a veteran of the Navy, my stepmother was able to arrange for his interment on Monday or Tuesday at Massachusetts National Cemetery, where there will be a few words spoken and the playing of "Taps." I am truly grateful. She has also graciously offered his flag to my brother, which means so much me and my siblings. I know for a fact my dad would've wanted my brother to have it. He would be very happy, indeed. And my neighbor, being the truly loving father figure that he is, is making arrangements for a Mass to be held at our Church in his memory. Other than that, it's as if he was here one day and then isn't here anymore. Just so... WEIRD. Did I mention how weird this is?

Anyhow, I want to thank all of you for your words of comfort and support, and for the lovely cards I have received. I am always amazed by the wonderful outpouring of love as we farmgirls rise to these difficult occasions. To be the recipient is an absolutely breathtaking experience. I feel the love, and truly feel lifted up by your prayers. God bless you! Thank you!

Our sister Teri, aka kysheeplady, shared some very comforting words that I hope might also help some of you who are also experiencing the loss of a loved one. She said:

"I think Helen Keller said it best. 'What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.'"

Amen, sister. Amen! Thank you! Thank ALL of you!

Hugs and love to all -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  11:52:31 AM  Show Profile
Nini: I am so very sorry about your dad. Such a bad time to lose someone. God bless you. Love, Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  09:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Bonnie. :) Hugs and blessings to you, sister! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Pray For My Dad - He Has Gone Home Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page