Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What I Luv About Our MaryJane...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What I Luv About Our MaryJane... Next Topic
Page: of 3

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  3:33:36 PM  Show Profile
Here is what I luv about our Maryjane...
She is an 'Encourager'...
She encourages us, be it here on the forum, the Cluck, her magazine or her books.... She encourages us to Try something,,, new or old... to see things in ways one might not have thought...
Be it stitchery, crafting, cooking, Glamping,, she jumps in, shares with us and encourages us...
While living in Spokane, WA., from 2007 to 2013, I had the good fortune to be involved with several MJF gatherings,,, from Glamping and Tea Parties, to painting pottery at a shop in Spokane, to a Farm Girl event in Coeur d'Arlene, ID.. to Glamping on the Spokane River.. and every time, I felt I walked away with a new me.. a new Zest for food, crafts, and Glamping...
When I speak of challenges,,, I recall one of several...
Maryjane has a lovely little shop in Couer d'Arlene, ID, and she hosted several 'classes at her shop, from rag rug making to fabric art..
This was one of my first projects at her store..

I so cherish this and it was something I had never done before, and might never have tried if it were not for MaryJane...
Thank you Maryjane... for the memories, I think I may have enough to fill a small book....

So 'sisters'... when you peruse through her magazines or books.. don't think, 'someday'... just do it! you'll be delighted you did.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 11 2015 3:34:33 PM

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  4:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
That is CUTE!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  4:47:34 PM  Show Profile
You have described MaryJane beautifully. She is definitely an encourager. What wonderful experiences and memories you have of spending some time with her. I'm jealous.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  5:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Exactly! An encourager is a perfect description!

Dream like you have a lifetime ahead of you. Live like you only have today.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  6:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, lets plan to meet up sometime this summer,,, maybe we can meet up in Paso Robles,, great Antique shops.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  05:29:40 AM  Show Profile
Grace, you summed it up so well! MaryJane does have a way of reaching all of us with her Farmgirl at Heart invitation. I know it caught me and drew me in with the reading of my first purchased magazine in the Dec/Jan 2009 Issue. She does encourage us to try new things, explore new possibilities in our lives, and contribute to each other in ways that we can learn from one another and have a wonderful time. My life has been profoundly changed by the experience and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this unique, talented, and dedicated group of Farmgirls!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  09:43:44 AM  Show Profile
Grace,

You said it perfectly! I love the quilt you made and you are so lucky. There are no other farmgirls around here nor is there any place for me to take any classes. All of the crafts that I do I had to teach myself but there are some that I would rather take a class for (such as soap making) I do not want to deal with lye until I know what I am doing. The quilt is beautiful, thanks for sharing.
hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  1:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I can't agree more about the way Mary Jane has inspired and encouraged me! I've met her and spent a bit of time with her and she's just the "real deal" . . . what a lady! Thank you Mary Jane!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  6:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Awwwww......I want to go and hang out with Mz MaryJane!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  3:32:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm totally with you, girls! If it weren't for MaryJane - AND all of you - I would not have had to courage to try any of the cool things I do now!

I think we should have an annual holiday to celebrate our Queen Bee... What do you think? Let's pick a day, call it "MaryJane Day" and post pictures and memories to celebrate the wonderful inspiration she is! AND maybe all the Hen Houses can host parties on that day, and all of the farmgirls who live near each other can meet up for a special tea or picnic or pot luck or dinner to celebrate, then share pictures of the celebration with the rest of us!!!! What do you say, girls??? What do you say????

Gracie - I think YOU should choose the day! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  5:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh you all are so wonderful!! What an inspiration you all are to us. And in the name of good farmgirl scheming and celebrating, I love the idea of celebrating my mom, you all, and all things farmgirl!! In case you need a date for celebrating her, shhhh. Don't tell her I told you , but her birthday is May 6th. It's a beautiful day for celebrating. Farmgirl hugs to you all.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  5:12:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I LOVE that, Meg! Such a beautiful time of year to celebrate such a beautiful lady! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  8:11:20 PM  Show Profile
I second that nomination,,, May 6th....

Hmmm, Meg, I do recall a fun tea party on May 6th about 6years ago there at the farm, om~gosh that was a wonderful get away,, and I still have my handmade rag doll that Katy taught us to make, as for the Tatting,,, I am still all thumbs! lol!
Oh wait, then there was an other iced tea party about 2 years ago...
Way to much fun at the farm

So how shall we put that out there, that May 6th is Officially MJF Day in Honor of our Creative encourager...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jan 13 2015 8:15:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  9:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Meg . . . like your mom won't find out! I was going to suggest that very same date, her birthday!
Let's celebrate!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  11:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Wednesday May 6, a day of celebration is marked on my calendar(s).

Grace, you asked how do we get it out there that May 6 is a Celebration Day Honoring MaryJane? Here's my suggestion. You post an invitation to join in on that day and get it going by having fun things to do here on the farm. We're all big girls and know that it won't be a surprise so we can plan and talk about it all we want. The FarmGirls that can get together will do it their way plus being with us here on the farm.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014

Edited by - YellowRose on Jan 14 2015 06:32:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  07:04:00 AM  Show Profile
This is a great idea everyone! A virtual birthday party would be awesome with cards, and photos, and photos of treats made for the occasion! I think MaryJane would just love it! There is nothing better than Farmgirl Love from the Heart!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  08:39:27 AM  Show Profile
Luv It!
A 'Virtual' MJF Day
When I get back from Washington, I will get the word out... for the next week I will only have my Kindle and most likely won't be on it much as I will be playing with my grand-kiddos! :>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  12:47:36 PM  Show Profile
This is so cool... I love it! :) Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help! :) I wish there were more farmgirls nearby... I would love to schedule a special celebration here! Maybe it'd be a really great day to invite others into the fold, as well! Hmmm.... That could be part of the whole celebration, huh? Inviting others into the "MaryJane fold!" I love it! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  1:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Blushing aside, how about if we make it something more inclusive and not so much about me, but rather something like International Farmgirl Weekend? I'll get with my crew here and we'll brainstorm some ideas. Farmgirl Fest. Celebrating Farmgirls Day. Etc.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  2:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl Appreciation Day?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  2:36:16 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane's gracefulness is what I admire & luv about her. All she is and does is rolled up into that one word.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  07:10:06 AM  Show Profile
Okay, some of my crew are having too much fun with this--High On Life MaryJane Day?

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  07:17:54 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane, that is so funny. I have 2 of your bumper stickers on my truck and a witty and sarcastic friend of mine always makes remarks about me being a 'high farmgirl'.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  07:31:36 AM  Show Profile
How about High on Life - Down on the Farm with MaryJane Day? My mind's a whirl. The possibilities are endless.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  08:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Maybe we should have some fun with my name. Farmgirls strive to create a reality that's real, and grounded, and community minded ...
Down on the farm indeed!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  09:23:03 AM  Show Profile
LOL! You know, when I first gave my sister-in-law a copy of MJF Magazine, my brother really razzed me... He said, "Oh, yeah... MaryJane??? On a Farm??? Yeah, you're not a hippie!" That's what I immediately thought of when I suggested calling our celebration "MaryJane Day!" LOL! I'm going to have to give this some more thought... ;) I still think there really isn't a more perfect way of naming the celebration, but I'm sure we will come up with something great! :)

MaryJane, we love you. You really are such a sweet, precious lady. I still think this day should be a celebration in tribute to you and what YOU have done - and DO - for all of us, but I do understand how you feel, and completely respect that. :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 15 2015 09:24:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What I Luv About Our MaryJane... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page