Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What I Luv About Our MaryJane...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What I Luv About Our MaryJane... Next Topic
Page: of 3

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  11:04:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm all for the legalization of MaryJane Day. hee hee

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  4:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I can't tell you how many folks, especially of the younger generation, have given the "Certified Farmgirl" bumper sticker in my back car window a second look and perhaps a chuckle. It has www.maryjanesfarm.org at the bottom . . . I'm sure you can guess what they're thinking!

When I worked at the local middle school, there were multiple times when a student got expelled for bringing "Mary Jane" to school. :D
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  6:33:30 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Okay... Okay... Let's just suffice it to say, MaryJane's Farmgirls are definitely high on life! :)

What about "MaryJane Jamboree" or "MaryJane Jubilee?" We could make it an annual thing... Like "MaryJane Jamboree 2015"... And maybe we could pick a MaryJane theme for each year's celebration? Maybe...

<<And, I know I'm thinking BIG here, but wouldn't it be so cool if we could eventually have HUGE annual Farmgirl Gatherings - like a celebratory rally or something, with guest speakers, educational seminars, how-to classes, product demonstrations, vendors, etc....? Kind of like a living MJF Magazine Convention... I've got ideas... I just don't want to overwhelm anyone... yet... ;) Someday... SOMEday...>>

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 15 2015 6:35:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2015 :  3:39:26 PM  Show Profile
Haha, this is too funny! I love it. I love the idea of all of us celebrating our roles as farmgirls across the country on May 6th. For as far back as I can remember I've been sporting an apron on that fine day and making a pie or some sort of deliciousness. Wouldn't it be fun to think we might all be doing the same across the states?! And some might be digging in the dirt to plant some bulbs or sporting a hammer and a tool belt. All applies and I imagine Mom would be more than honored if we're all "celebrating" our farmgirlhood!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  12:11:04 AM  Show Profile
I agree Meg!!!

Your Mom has been such an inspiration and encouragement to me. I have tackled things I never would have imagined. I am so thankful that a sweet friend SuzyHomemaker introduced me several years ago and that Miss CJ has encouraged me even more :)

I am up for celebrating as well. What is Mary Jane's favorite dessert? Maybe we can spend the day making that :)

Catherine (cajungal), living in Colorado I don't know if I want to be referred to as a High Farmgirl :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  11:14:47 AM  Show Profile
You know, our annual Farm Fair celebration that we used to hold (as reminisced/featured in the current MJF issue) had the BIG component you speak of Nini. But we discovered the planning and orchestration of such an event was a full-time, year-round job leading up to it. And we didn't want to allow it to take over all the other things we'd always signed up for, but still ... I'm with you Nini. To that end, we've actually discussed building an event center here at the farm. Fortunately, it's w-a-y off in the future, as in something maybe my children/grandchildren would be overseeing:)

We're liking the let's-do-it!!!!keep-it-simple the first year approach (and not so much the HIGH stuff either, Sharon:) That said, what do you think of Nini's "MaryJane's Jubilee 2015" idea with a virtual component in the beginning? Or MaryJane's Day of Jubilee 2015" (or weekend). Or Farmgirl Jubilee 2015? Show of hands? Ideas? Theme for the first year? Keep 'em coming. (I've always loved the word Jubilee, Nini.)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  12:17:01 PM  Show Profile
My hand is waving in the air for Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 to be held on May 6

Theme: Celebrating MaryJane

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  2:11:21 PM  Show Profile
How about holding our annual Farmgirl Jubilee on the first weekend of May every year ... just in case we turn it into an outing, a bash, a conference, a firestorm, a ?????

Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 (May 2-3). I like it!

May 2 is officially "Brothers and Sisters Day" and "National Scrapbooking Day." May 3 is "World Laughter Day." Plus this year the 3rd lands on a full moon. What's not to love about that!?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  2:16:39 PM  Show Profile
I like it too. More days - more fun & games.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  3:26:15 PM  Show Profile
You can bet I will be celebrating our Farmgirl Jubiliee on May 6th!!! Whoop!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  4:38:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh! I'm so happy we're all on board, MaryJane! <I love the word, "jubilee," too! :)> This is exciting! The first weekend in May it will be! Awesome! LOTS to love about that! :)

I still like "MaryJane's Jubilee 2105" best, but "Farmgirl Jubilee 2015" sure does have a nice ring to it, too! Couldn't we call it "MaryJane's Farmgirl Jubilee 2015?" After all, where would we farmgirls be without our beloved MaryJane? :)

Okay... So... Next step: What kinds of things can we do to celebrate? This is going to be so much fun! I'm getting SO excited! Let's do our celebrating BIG, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  4:54:43 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I'm thinking about planting a special plant that day and marking it with an equally special homemade marker "Farmgirl Jubilee 2015".

Here on the farm FarmGirls might host all kinds of teas, bar-B-Qs & parties. I would like to co-hostess a Texas Tea with all fellow Texas FarmGirls.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  6:14:15 PM  Show Profile
I wouldn't mind the theme of "Celebrating MaryJane" the first year of our "Farmgirl Jubliee 2015." I might be a little biased. What are some thematic ideas for 2016, 2017 ...

Sharon, Mom has always loved a good cherry pie. She planted a beautiful cherry tree at the farm that Ashley and I pick completely bare to fill our freezers for pies the following year.

And another secret, Mom loves a delicious plate of nachos with all the fixings. We make a big spread most years. The grandgirls even ask for the same spread on their birthdays.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  7:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Grace, your little quilt is really sweet. Be sure and count my vote for the Farmgirl Jubilee every May. Mary Jane is just perfect for the first one because She is our queen bee. In fact, I am farmgirl of the month for January this year and I would nominate Mary Jane and Meg both to be farmgirls of the year. Such a delight to have Meg and her mom cheering for us. I can't wait to see what you come up with to celebrate.I will think on it and try to come up with some themes.By the way, cherry pie is my favorite because we had a cherry tree right side of my aunt's house on the farm. Ummmmmm.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  12:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I vote for "Farmgirl Jubilee 2015" for the celebration and "Celebrating Mary Jane" as the theme. AND, I like the idea of making the first weekend of May our annual celebration weekend! I'm in! Not sure how I'll celebrate here locally, but there will be something!

It would be WONDERFUL if we could have a big, huge, gathering of Farmgirls somewhere! (You're all invited to my yard! . . :D)
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  09:24:41 AM  Show Profile
I love "Farmgirl Jubilee 2015" and celebrating "Mary Jane" our fearless leader!, on May 6th! and annually the weekend of May every year! Like Winnie, after reading my first issue of Mary Jane's Magazine, I wanted to know more and be involved with her visions! I have learned to compost, expand my garden, "make my own" and recycle! ETC!

Thank you Mary Jane! for connecting us all together all over the world! I have learned so much from you and all my Farm Sisters! I am proud of My" Mary Jane Farm" Membership Certificates that hang on my wall!

I know that I will plant something special in my Garden on that day in Honor of MARY JANE!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  1:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Okay, then! The aprons are flying, the farmgirls are cheering, and we'll definitely be celebrating MaryJane during Farmgirl Jubilee 2015! LOVE IT!!!

And Sara, I love, love, LOVE your idea of a special planting!

AND Meg! I'm loving the idea of Cherry Pie and Nachos! MMmmmm-M!!!!

This is going to be SO much fun!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 20 2015 1:57:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  3:04:20 PM  Show Profile
I would love to plant a yellow rose but can't do it in May. So I'm going with winter savory a perennial. My 'Herb Quarterly' came today and the International Herb association has declared savory the "Herb of the Year". How cool is that. I can celebrate my love of herbs and MaryJane at the same time.

Now all I (we) need is an official thingy (can't think of the right word - a senior power surge just hit) to read before the shovel/trowel hits the dirt.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:13:49 PM  Show Profile
Farm girl Jubilee ~ Maryjane Style

I luv it! a perfect way to celebrate the beginning of May... the Farm girl way!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 22 2015 10:15:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  11:19:18 PM  Show Profile
Great ideas :)

Meg, I would so love a cherry tree. I just made a cherry pie (the day you posted) I add a little lime zest and juice to mine.

The Jubilee is such a wonderful idea and another way we can celebrate Mary Jane (and gang), Farmgirls and the Mary Jane Way

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  11:01:48 AM  Show Profile
OK, before we know it, May will be here...
I think I will hit my craft room, pull out all of my Maryjane Farm books, and gather up some ideas /ideas for a special MJF project.. and No, it won't go in my UFO stash... heeheehee...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  11:04:14 AM  Show Profile
How about a special apron design we can make and wear that day?

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  11:55:35 AM  Show Profile
How about our clothespin apron as shown in the current issue of MJF (Feb/March 2015)? It folds up into a square to hold a new box of clothespins for gifting with the idea being to give it to someone who's new to the farmgirl way of life. Plus I love wearing mine because it holds so many things!

Here's the pattern:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Recipes-Patterns-Instructions/clothespin_apron.pdf

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  12:24:55 PM  Show Profile
oh, I likey... and now thatr I have a New-Old vtg. featherweight 221 sewing machine, I would LUV to sew an apron on it!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  12:34:45 PM  Show Profile
and if one should so desire,, one could make an extra Apron and 'gift' it to a special friend...
how cut is this? I spotted the idea on pinterest, but I can't seem to up/down load the photo. any way, it is a large canning jar with an apron in it and the lid cutsie decorated...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jan 28 2015 12:40:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What I Luv About Our MaryJane... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page