Page: of 26

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  2:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Such a cute porch! I'll bring some cookies. Looks so inviting. Pretty stain too.. I likey!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  4:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi All, Happy Memorial Day to all of our Porch-Buds!! Hubby is working, of course, so I had the lawn guy come and mow. He has another job too, so he worked this morning, then mowed for me and another person. It was so tall from all the rain, I feared that our wild bunnies would get lost in it... and they are Really Big Buns.
So now its all tidy n trim. It funny to watch the robins hop thru the tall stuff, then their heads would pop up, like..." am I going the right direction?" They couldn't see. Now that's bad! So, I washed clothes and hung them outside to get the fresh cut grass and sunshine smell. Then after a couple of hours it decided to rain. So out I run to get it in. Luckily it wasn't much by then. The temp went from 86 n humid to 77 real quick. I just lovelovelove when that happens. So tomorrow it's going to be warm again... then back in the 70's for a few days. Gotta love that! I just took the flannel sheets off the bed yesterday. Crazy-Good weather! Hahaha Ok Girlies, make it a great holiday... and be safe!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  5:27:31 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely porch! So pretty all stained and those white rockers!

Peggy~ I am doing strawberries and bananas today. Tomorrow is pears. Sounds like you had a wonderful day with the family!

Just JT and I here today but we still had a picnic on the porch. Enjoyed sitting out there watching the cars and motorcycles go by. We did do a bit of cleaning up in the front yard. Looks much better and we enjoyed the azealas in bloom.

I was cold when we woke up this morning but the sun showed up for a while and warmed things up a bit. Ended up being quite nice.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  10:26:12 PM  Show Profile
It was a good day. My son stopped by with more eggs from their chickens and we had a nice visit. He said they enlarged their pond and cleaned up the trail around it so one of these days when it isn't quite so hot I may venture out there and walk the trail and maybe take a swim. I have missed my walking during this corona thing and my back and hips feel it. I hike in the hills by our trailer when I can but that's only about once a month and it's rattlesnake season now so it's not so much fun. My son only lives about 10 miles away and walking there would be so much more enjoyable than walking the sidewalks here in town.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  12:13:39 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Porch Darla...glad to have you here!! And what a lovely Porch you have! It looks Oh, so inviting!!! I can't
even use mine this summer because as soon as all the Contractors get back to work they are painting our entire Apartment
Complex. We were told that we have to remove all our Porch Furniture, Decor, Wind Chimes and everything out of our flower
beds and our Storeage Unit. NOT looking forward to all that work...and you know they will just raise our monthly rent when they
get all done.

Yes, Grace...I'm the Diamond Painter. IF I were you I would go to Hobby Lobby once they re-open and buy a frame and frame it
yourself. I never have them done...as it is too expensive. I am always on the look out for cheap frames preferably with glass.
Marshall's (if Spokane has one) is another good place to find nice frames for reasonable prices. I don't think I would do a pillow
out of it for fear of the drills popping off. But if your daughter sprayed it after she finished you could do a pillow. I do not
spray mine if I am putting them under glass. It is a lovely picture she did for you. I really like it!!

Judy...I bet the animals appreciate the grass getting cut at your place. Those poor bunnies must have felt like they were having
to do some mighty big jumps to make any distance. LOL No, they probably loved it because they could hide from all the cats, dogs,
and other neighborhood critters. Poor Dave always has to work the Holidays. Ours was very low-key because it rained all day.
So, I did a little (and I mean very little) house work and took a nap. Not too exciting. At all!!

Denise...you and Jessie have been busy canning and dehydrating. I think that is great!! I miss those years when I did it all the
time. It always looked beautiful and tasted even better in the Winter Months! Do you dehydrate your pears or can? I always canned
mine. They were my favorite fruit to can.

Patsy...arm waving at ya girl!!! Hope you had a good day!

Judith...I still can't think of eggs!! ~ We still walk here even with the Corvid19 shelter in place. You just have to get out for
some fresh air and a change of scenery! I plan to go tomorrow...probably not until evening because we are still getting some morning rain.

Well, girls have a great day later and sleep tight tonight!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 26 2020 12:18:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  05:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Happy second Monday Ladies of the Porch! Looks like you all have had a nice time for the holiday - despite inclement weather in some parts of the country. I LOVE to see the pics of everyone's work and creativity! Cows, porches, diamond painting (did not know that was a thing!) - ALL VERY COOL!!!!!!

As many are aware - I've moved prison cells (from Mom's bathroom with no hot water) to Atlanta house to try and get it ready to sell. Decided to manage the process with post it's... There's 45 things to do...And after a week, only 3 things are officially moved over to the done list! Mom came with me - which is a huge help as I still have to work during the week, but she's placing calls and making appointments for the carpet replacement and a handyman to fix trim boards on the chimney (I don't do ladders like that!). This weekend we pressure washed the entire house, planted the front beds, and at least acquired the 55 bags of mulch (thanks Lowes for having it on sale). Hurt my back a bit with all the mulch lugging (not spread yet) so trying to take it easy today and sitting at my desk (I mean folding table) to work as much as I can.

Hope you all have a great week, and I'll be able to report more progress by then!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  1:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you L.I.R.~ Peggy,,,
I asked my daughter if she sprayed it,, and, no she didn't.. so I think the deco pillow is out.
I think the local Thrifts will be opening up later this week,, and I have 1/2 doz bags of stuff to donate.. so I will see exactly when they are open and pop in to see if I can buy a frame w/glass.. I don't mind painting the frame..
I think finding a 12 1/2 x 12 1/2" frame if going to be tricky.. but maybe I can modify a larger one with a custom matt board.
Thanx for the info.
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - May 27 2020 :  08:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Yes dehydrating. Jessie has been doing all the canning. I don't do to much of that anymore. Today I am giving the dehydrator a break. I still have pears to do but need to get some other things done today.

The sun is making a beautiful appearance today but for the rest of the week it will be rain. I need to get out in the sunshine while I can.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2020 :  11:32:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Grace...You might have better luck at Hobby Lobby for the size of frame you need! I find great sales there and craft warehouse.
Bit everyonce in awhile I do get luck at thrift stores. Can't wait to see it after you get it framed!!

Denise...I like dehydrating too. It is so much easier (though not always quicker than canning). Good for you taking a day to feed
your soul in the Sunshine. We are going to have three days in the 80's starting today.

My Grandson Elijah turns 7 yrs. old today. So, I will be going ovwer there in awhile for the day and dinner!! I called him to wish
him Happy Birthday this Morning and I asked him if he felt 7 today and he said YES!! So cute! He is so excited!!

Have a Lovcly Day Ladies!! Enjoy whatever you find to do!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 27 2020 :  1:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Hubby and I are moving a lot of dirt,, around the property,, but now it's time for a break.. and some ice tea...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - May 27 2020 :  1:28:33 PM  Show Profile
So beautiful and sunny! I just got home from my walk and was caught in a pop up shower. Soaked to the skin! But it felt good and other than the embarrassment of walking down main street with my t shirt clinging to my tummy in a rather unflattering way, I was none the worse for wear! Haha! I love your glass cover, by the way.

Farmgirl #6994

Sunshine Mixed With A Little Hurricane
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 27 2020 :  3:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Rain came and chased all the hot away. Got all my windows open since last night. Loving the cool, rainy weather below 70.

Making a pot of veggie soup with hamburger. Smells so good..

Grace, is your cover to keep bugs out and does it work?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 27 2020 :  3:49:30 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, yes, it is to keep bugs,, hornets in particular out of my glass as well as 'stuff' floating in the breeze..
I luv these,, and have been using then for over 15 years...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - May 27 2020 :  4:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Grace, do you make them?

Farmgirl #6994

Sunshine Mixed With A Little Hurricane
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 28 2020 :  5:37:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls,
How are you? Good I hope. It is a beautiful day here. I planted some flowers and strawberries. Plants these days make me happy.

On the home front they staked out where the new road will go. I have a stake 30 feet from my door. We still have not settled. We have no driveway to get out once they begin and don t get me started on the safety thing. They won't talk to me as they are afraid of my wings slapping them. We have hired a lawyer to help us with this. But in my eyes the road thirty feet from door is not safe.

On the job front I am now co-head teacher with another since our principal, resigned. There are only five teachers now and we split up all the principal duties to,save school money and hopefully help our our school to heal and grow. This is a one year deal to give them time to find the right person to take the job and I will have fourth and fifth grade to teach this year rather than third and fourth. It is sure to be interesting year and with this virus figuring out how to open school.

WELL it is to e to fly out need to get my walk in.
Love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Front Porch Daisies
http://frontporchdaisies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  03:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Tammy- Keep those wings flapping! Congrats on the teaching solution. While full of challenges, it sounds like a constructive way of dealing with the opportunity, and ultimately better for you and the kids while ALL of us figure out how to deal with the changes the future will bring. Continued good thoughts and prayers headed your way!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  1:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies. This week I splurged and bought a little patio table for my back porch along with an oversized rectangular umbrella. We've been enjoying the back porch all week long.

Taking my Mom back to Chicago early next week. :( Going to miss her but she's getting home sick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  5:06:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Tammy, yaaaaa for you, you can stay at the same school. BUT, sorry about all the stress with your home! Prayers still going up for you! They are working. I know that because you haven't completely freaked out yet and pummeled anybody to death with your wings! hahahaha Hang in there Sista! Don't flap any faster than your guardian Angel can fly! Ok?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  1:20:49 PM  Show Profile
GinnyBelle,, no,, I first bought a set from the Victorian Trading Company, then I bought some little doillies and added beads for weight.., They really are easy to make...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  3:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...

Anybody else get woken up during the night with loud thunder??? We rarely get thunderstorms that
shake the rafters and are earsplitting like that. I know you girls in the Midwest do. We don't
get really great lightning storms either. Just very rarely. When I lived in Eastern WA we had some
good ones there every so often. I love watching them.

Teacher Tammy...Well, yay on the Teaching situation. Sounds like you will have your hands full this year. They
are talking here about not opening the private schools until Spring here. We will just have to wait and
see; but I know my grandson is raring to go. Mostly to see his friends. But he is a good student too.
He only goes to the actual School 2 days a week and does the rest in Home School. His Mama, is a very
good teacher and school work comes before playing and video games. And if he fuses over-doing it, then he gets
video games taken away. Which he hates to lose that FUN time. ~ I don't know Tammy about having the Highway
30 feet from your door. I hope that you have a very good attorney that can get you top dollar for having
to move. I know you love your Farm and Home but I can't imagine living with the daily stress and noise
of NOT moving. My prayers are still with you! Judy and I will volunteer to come hold up those weary wings
If you get tired of flapping and slapping them! LOL
Have your boys been home this summer? Or do they have their own places now? How about girlfriends? Last I
heard one had a girlfriend and one didn't. That has to be hard on twins!

Grace...Your idea of buying the small doilies and adding your own beads is sweet. I am going to have
to try that. I hate having to watch for bugs or bees in my drinks. No extra flavor needed but sugar...thank
you very much! ~ I have been reading your posts about the crazy lady and the well situation. She sounds like
a control freak for sure! Praying for you too girl!!

Deb...we all need to splurge once in a while and get our selves something we want. Your table sounds cute. Is it
one like Grace's little white rod-iron one? Those are so perfect if you just want something that doesn't take up
much room. I bought myself a kit to make a new afghan. It is one of those that you get the yarn to do 3 squares
a month and you will learn 32 new stitches and you will have it done in 11 months. I haven't knit for a few years
because the gal that taught me 20 yrs ago betrayed me...and though I had forgiven her...I hadn't really let it go
completely...And God and I were working through that. But now that I have let it all go...I am enjoying doing my first square.

Hannah...I am not one for walking in the rain. My Dr. told me to just grab an umbrella and go! I had to remind him
that with my Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue...I hurt the most during rainy weather and I'm lucky that I force my
self out of bed on those days. Speaking of rain...that is what we have going on today. Tomorrow will be nice again.

Last night in Portland, OR there was rioting in the streets! Our 11:00 news went from 1/2 hour to 2 hours showing all
the looting, fires and destruction. I am all for standing up for what happened to George Floyd...but when a peaceful
protest turns into a free-for-all it just becomes disgusting to me. Freedom of speech is one thing but vandalism and
setting fires is quite another thing. As if we don't have enough to worry about with the Coronavirus, right???

Well, Ladies have a nice weekend and don't work too hard. Find some time to rest in The Lord! It is Saturday butSundays Coming!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 30 2020 3:21:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  5:27:35 PM  Show Profile
We're having a lot of thunder now but I doubt there will be any rain. It is a lovely cooler day, 79, but will start warming up again next week. It's been kind of a lazy day; I remodeled a dress I bought online (why I don't like buying clothes online) by cutting 6 inches off the hem so it now hits me just below the knees and chopped off the long sleeves to make short sleeves. I wear dresses in the summer as they are cooler than jeans but who wants long sleeves in the summer??

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  7:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Today was a gorgeous day. 80 degrees and a nice light breeze. Perfect. We had supper on the front porch. I always wished we had a back porch here but the ground is just about flush with the back door and no room in the back for one. We enjoy sitting out there to eat. I have a small table and we are up on a hill so no one going by really sees us up there.
I spent a lot of the day crocheting with some sewing thrown in this morning. Also went out to walk around the property some and get in some exercise that way.
We got a letter from our church today letting us know services are resuming. Some have been attending right along but only a handful of people. Our state made churches exempt from the ban of meeting when they did it.
Not sure how long it will be before they start opening up places.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2020 :  11:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
90 next 3 days here. I'm hiding and puttering. Go out at night to water stuff and that's it.

Can we have Spring back please? At least till the 20th win Summer is SPOST to start.. ugh..

Been catching rain water in my barrels. Plants like that.

Have a good Sonday gals. Stay cool!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2020 :  1:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy Blessed SonDay Gals & Sissy!!!
We are in the upper 70's today and will be, I guess for about a week.
58 last night, 52 tonight. My toes got cold last night! Sorry Sissy, but they did ;P *giggle*
A cold wind blew outta the North and the curtains stood straight out most of the night.
Sitting on patio reading and enjoying the Springtime!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2020 :  2:06:47 PM  Show Profile
It's currently 91 but my weather app says it "feels like 96". It is hot & humid. Hubby & I spent some time on the back porch early this morning. Had our coffee out there.

Think we might have to start waking up earlier to enjoy the porch life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page