Page: of 26

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  10:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Peggy- That's huge!!! UFOs of ANY size are a distraction - including kitchen construction :) Let's hope for no more leaks!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  12:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy! I cannot imagine being without a kitchen for a month. So happy it's done for you now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  1:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I can relate. Many years ago my husband decided to remodel the kitchen. At that time I had a 20 month old and a new baby. It took him ten months to complete it. During that time I cooked out of an ice chest, electric fry pan, and a hotplate.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MrsMath
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jessie
Florida
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  8:27:53 PM  Show Profile
Hooray for normalcy! I know it feels so much better when this arent in chaos! I'm so happy for you Peggy.

G>^V!! #Type1Mama
"When I am overwhelmed,lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  01:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi, My Porchies...

D. ~ If anyone should know about home projects it is you!! Yes, NO MORE LEAKS! My husband said the other day that
he kept hearing a dripping sound in the corner of his bedroom. I went in and looked and saw no evidence of anything.
And I just said, "No, No you do not hear a leak. You were having a bad dream!" And I walked out just shaking my head.
He wasn't being funny, however. BUT I am getting very good at finding leaks. I'm the one who ALWAYS discovers them
and calls the Office. But, I am refusing any more leaks!!! Not Happening!!! Not on My Watch!!!

Deb... it wouldn't be so bad if it had not already happened 3 times!! In the Kitchen!! And that really is the hardest room
in the Home to not be able use for 4-6 weeks.

Judith...Oh, man girl how in the world did you make it for 10 months and with two wee ones??? You deserve a Medal of Honor
for Sacrificial Duty!! My Hat goes off to you!!!

Well, WELCOME TO THE PORCH JESSIE/MRSMath ~ Hope you will sit a spell with us as often as you can. This is a good group of
Farm Sisters! And we laugh, cry, encourage, and listen to each other. This is a SAFE ZONE for sharing!!

Well, Its bedtime and I have had a long day!

Hey, one more thing though: have any of you had a hard time sleeping since this Pandemic started? I have gotten only 4-5 hours
of sleep most nights. And I am starting to have some cognitive issues because of it. And yes, I take Melatonin!! Plus I have to take a
muscle relaxer for my Fibro and Simvastatin for my heart issues. Which should make me sleep for 10 hours a night. But it is NOT Happening.

Okay, Sweet Dreams to The Rest of YOU!!

Love, hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 19 2020 01:41:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  02:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porch gals!

Peggy,
I don't envy you all that time with no kitchen.
Also, could your two medicines be interacting and causing sleeplessness? I know that can happen.

Welcome to the porch Jess! Great group of gals here. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  11:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Denise...I don't think so, as I have been on all these pills for a very long time and never had this much trouble.
Probably if I had to pinpoint one bad habit I have it is playing Words With Friends when I crawl into bed. I use to
think it helped me relax and quiet down but now I am beginning to think the light from the screen is waking my
brain up. I play on my phone not my tablet...so I didn't think that would be an issue but I guess maybe it is. That
is all I can think of. I took 2 Melatonin last night instead of just one (as recommended) and I slept for 7 hours.
The only problem with that is I know that if you take too much Melatonin your body will quit producing its own.
I also think, maybe my lack of exercise for the last month or so is affecting not only my weight gain but also I'm
not getting tired from the lack of my 3-5 mile walks. We have had more rain in June than we had been having and
so, I'm in terrible pain when it rains so no walking in the rain for me. And then living around all the rioting and
city block take overs could be having an impact on me too. So, thank you, Denise, you helped me figure it out...
LIFE is interrupting my sleep! LOL The Dr's are saying that there is an emotional and physical up-tick in depression
and anxiety and suicides during this time. Though, I'm not depressed nor do I suffer anxiety...I have people in my
life that are going through those things. Im empathetic to their struggles and sufferings...so, that too could be
affecting me. Who knows...I just need to figure it out so I can at least get restful sleep when I need it.

Lovely day here. Another mid 80's Day...which I Love!! Hope you have a Wonderful Weekend Sister! Thanks for your suggestion
about the mix of drugs. My husband has those issues all the time. But he sleeps like a baby...so go figure. LOL

Love, Hugs and Sunshine Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 19 2020 11:23:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  11:37:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy and fellow porch gals! I thought it would be nice to come visit a bit. I rarely have time between outdoor work, gardening, a quarantined 15 yr old and hubs. But now that hubs is back to work, Sarabear is on a week trip with my ex and I'm home alone. Feels funny for sure. I had 2 rows of corn nearly ready and I went out this morning only to find MOST of the stalks torn down and corn eaten. I salvaged as much as I could. 19 ears. Oh well. The raccoons celebrated their Father's Day weekend early! So I'll put this up until hubs comes home and we can enjoy the harvest together. :)
Peggy, I heard that the planets were all misaligned or mercury and Jupiter were in retrograde or something like that which can disrupt sleep greatly! It does me! But I'm taking high grade cbd oil in the afternoon and its helped a lot, plus staying off my phone and not eating dark chocolate past 5, lol. Just thought I'd throw that in there! I got a book of games to do so I wouldnt be on the phone. It helps relax me too!

Have a beautiful blessed weekend and to the Fathers out there, Happy Fathers Day! I certainly do miss mine.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  11:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Dianna. I can't have caffeine or sugar after a certain time or I can't have good sleep.

Peggy~ the electronics are definitely a thing. There is blue light or something they say that stimulates the brain and makes it difficult to sleep. Though sometimes I will fall asleep being on there. Also it is said you should get to sleep by 10 in order to get 7-9 hrs of sleep. That puts me at waking at 6 am which is something I have always done no matter what time I fall asleep.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  1:13:41 PM  Show Profile
I've been having a terrible time sleeping. Normally I would fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Now it takes longer, then I wake up every couple hours. I do think it's pandemic stress and for me I'm in the middle of menopause. I'm using melatonin a few times a week and CBD oil in the evenings. No caffiene and I turn my phone off early. I've even used tylenol pm on occassion. I cut them in half and I only use on occassion.

We had a nice rain here and cooled us off. I'm off to take a walk with my teenage daughter. Have to take advantage of those invites!

Farm Girl #790

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  05:55:00 AM  Show Profile
Happy Father's Day to all of y'all's husbands,fathers,etc. Hope they have a great day!
We had a terrific rain last night and I slept thur it all. Woke up and took coffee out to the back porch for an early morning rock(rocking chair) and hit a wall of humidity. Well it is the South. But the ground looks green and refreshed. I planted Black-eyed Susans last evening and could have used some of that rain because the ground was like concrete. We also planted 2 beautiful Crepe Myrtles, I'm hoping the rain will encourage everything to really take root. Looks like the rain is not thur yet,the wind is picking up,but its sending beautiful notes from the windchimes. have a great day ladies!

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  11:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi y'all, We've had about a week of cool weather, but yesterday and today are high 80's and 50% humidity. We're expecting rain and possible storms around 4:30 to cool it back down to the mid to high 70's for the next week. It's been crazy cool weather for June, but I'm thanking God for it EVERY day! Lol
I have a cute weather poem for you:
Whether the weather be fine or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold or whether the weather be hot,
We'll whether the weather whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not!
Cute! Agree? lol And TRUE!
Welcome Jessie, tell us a little bit about YOU!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  6:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
Cute poem! I remember hearing that when I was younger. Thanks for sharing it, good thing to remember really. Hope you enjoy those coming temperature. 70s are perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Had nice visits with family today. Two calls to dh for Father's day. One in person. Always nice to have a chat time.

Have a great night all!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  6:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Lol, so true Judy! That's as cute a poem as can be!!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2020 :  04:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Sisters of the Porch!

Glad it appears you all had a great weekend (and hope the Hubs, dads, brothers, etc in your lives also had a great day yesterday). Peggy- I hope you enjoyed the heck out of your kitchen!!!!

It's Monday. I've been at home for a week - and it's glorious. The house is officially listed and that's a huge relief. Spent the week and weekend trying to beat nature into submission (at least close to the house). Garden is a total disaster area, and am considering giving it to nature this year - never leave for a month - B A D idea.

Did something new for me. I sat down - for a few hours - Saturday AND Sunday. Even with mounds of things to get done. I read a book! (about chickens ) :) I felt guilty, but just for a minute.

Be great all that you do, but never forget to take time for yourself. You can't give to others what you don't have.

Have a great week!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2020 :  05:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Congrats D!! All the best selling your home!! Happy Monday to you also! Sounds divine being able to sit a couple hours and read! I shall try that maybe, this week! I have 3 Sam Campbell books I've been wanting to read! :) Since hubs is gone I mowed and worked in the garden over the weekend. Takes almost 6 hours to mow!! We've had NO RAIN for almost 3 weeks now. Lots of dust! I felt like Linus at the end of the day,lol! You all have a fabulous blessed week!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2020 :  05:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Dianna! Timing has never been my thing. Selling a home in Corona virus times may not be the wisest idea ;)

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2020 :  07:47:38 AM  Show Profile
I think it might? My son just bought his first home!! During the pandemic!! Anything is possible!!! :D

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2020 :  08:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Dianna- Congrats to your son - that's awesome news!!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2020 :  04:25:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning my sister porchies!
So happy to have a couple of my grandchildren stay last night. We've had a good time. It's always a good when we get to spend time with the grandchildren isn't it? They sure are growing up fast.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 25 2020 05:17:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2020 :  07:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Listen - can you hear that? It's the sound of silence. :D Well, besides the birds singing. Since my husband retired I don't get much quiet time to myself. He took the car in to the shop. I get a few hours to myself.

Its been so humid here. I just can't handle the humidity since menopause. I've not been sitting on the porch for very long.

Farm Girl #790

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  05:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!
Deb, I'm with you on the humidity. Our weather as been quite nice lately. Low 80's today and enjoying it!
I think there must be rain coming as my sinuses are playing havoc with me today.

I've been working on some crafts, crocheting some gifts, straightening up my craft areas, and downsizing. Now that the thrift is open again I have been able to get rid of the boxes I had filled and ready to go. A lot more to move out of here.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  05:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Denise- Congrats on the cleanout effort!!!!! I have a lot of things to donate post-construction, but our thrifts have not been open - so the piles continue to move around. I hear humidity will break here for a few days as the Sarahan dust storm blocks out some of the temperature :)

Happy Friday Eve!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  06:15:45 AM  Show Profile
Deb~ at first they were only open for donations but I guess they opened them for shopping this past week.
I really need to get our shed emptied out and get it cleaned up. It feels good to get rid of it but it doesn't look like much of a dent. I am always cleaning out and donating it seems.

We are looking to move later so I have that in mind when cleaning out too. I don't want to have to pack all of it!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  1:00:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy...that was a great little Poem.

Denise...Hey, since I'm not on FB until probably Dec., was wondering how Jessie is doing. Hope whatever her surgery was...
she will feel much better after a full recovery.
Glad your DH had a nice Father's Day!! I sure miss mine and I'm sure you do too. My poor husband didn't have much of a
FD (he did get phone calls or Text Messages from all 6 of the kids) but The things I ordered for him and my youngest son
never arrived. Then my husbands birthday was a couple days later and the youngest son didn't get his dad's gifts in the mail
in time nor did I. This gifting by mail is a pain unless you do it weeks in advance. lol crazy!!

D~ was the book about chickens an MJF Book? That doesn't really sound like pleasure reading to me. LOL But I am glad
you enjoyed it! I hope the House sells quickly for you. House sales are not doing their best right now. My son is a Property
Manager/Realtor and it is slow. People seem to be afraid to make a move on anything because of the unstableness of the country.
He himself is looking to buy right now...but can't find what he wants. They are looking for their forever home with a big back
yard for the kids to play in. Right now they are renting and the house has no backyard. Just concrete.

Dianna... Happy for your Son!! If you can find a decent house on the Market...it is a good time for buyers.

Deb...I get the need for some alone time. I feel like my husband, dog and I are all connected at the hip. I never get alone time unless
I go for a walk and listen to an audible book. My dog is still with me but at least I can fall into someone else's life for a while. lol
Cute dog picture with the fan!

We had cooler weather here yesterday but the humidity was a killer. As I age...the humidity is what does me in. I hate it!!

Does anyone use Zoom for socializing or meetings etc. I'm trying to find out if it can be attended by multiple browsers.
My Bible Study Group has been using Facebook Rooms but one gal can't get on because she has a Safari Browser. I do too but
I also downloaded googles, but her husband refuses to do that. I don't blame him because Google wants to take over
every aspect of my Safari and I have to keep hiding Google but boy they don't give up easily. They sort of drive me insane. Which doesn't take much lately! lol

Well, not much new here. Just trying to stay off FB and all the insanity. I miss my Facebook friends though. I just can't stand
all the Black Lives Matters, Political Fights, and How all the Looters and Rioters are defacing and tearing down our national
Statues. For the good or the bad...those are symbols of our American History. My kids aren't protestors but they are supporters
of the Left. And I can't take their comments on FB and their friend's comments anger me even more!! Some gal told me the other day that when Jesus was young he killed another young kid! ~ That did it! That is when I decided some ignorant people are just beyond words. So, I'm staying off until the insanity ALL goes away.

Love you All and Hope you have a great day!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 26 2020 11:28:21 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page