Page: of 2

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  7:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Robin, I am so happy that you found one!!!! Yippee!! Do tell us how it works for you!

Brenda, I enjoyed your advice. One day I am thinking of learning to spin, but until then I enjoy hearing good advice on purchasing and using them!!

Thank You everyone!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  7:55:18 PM  Show Profile
If you need some raw wool to get started ..you would have to wash it...I could send some for ya.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rockinhorse
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Robin
yucca valley Ca
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  5:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Send rockinhorse an AOL message  Send rockinhorse a Yahoo! Message
Thankyou for all your advice and support Brenda I will let you know how things go have fun at the fiber fair. Tilitha your thoughts warm my heart thankyou. Jenny, Yes Yes Yes.... hehehe hehehe... just tell me how much and what to do to take up on your offer..:))))))
Friends,
Robin

Happiness must be grown in one's own garden!
Go to Top of Page

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  06:38:57 AM  Show Profile
Robin - I'm thrilled for you!!! Please post pictures of her!!! Did you get any extra bobbins with it?

This past May I was able to secure a 1970's era Ashford Traditional (scotch tension) at a silent auction and was delighted that my Traveler bobbins fit.

Cyndi
Muller's Lane Farm http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  09:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have a spinning wheel I'm going to sell. It is a newer one, double treadle. It would be hard to ship so would need to sell locally.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  4:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Linda . . . how far are you from the Waco area? I may have prospects for your wheel there.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Spinning Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page