naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  08:25:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I wanted to wish everyone happy spring!! I'm so glad winter is over. It's time to do A LOT of gardening!! whoo hoo! I'm so excited!

Vintage sewing machines, original parts & related book titles.- http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/

nne9703721
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nichelle
Kent Washington
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  09:01:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

Happy Spring to you, too. This is always a slightly reflective time for me because both of my kids were born in March. My oldest was born on 3/7, some 34 years ago. It was an unusually warm day, so his first day of life was filled with sunshine and almost 70-degree temperatures. His name, Xavier, means "new house, bright, or splendid." I guess you could think of a new baby as a bright star or a splendid gift. That's how I thought of him. And as a new person, I guess his physical form was a "new house" for his soul.

My youngest is turning 14 tomorrow. It was a sunny day when she was born, too. She and her brother are exactly 20 years apart. Her name (Nayo) is even related to Spring. In Japanese, it means something like spring (literally: Na = green vegetable and Yo = time/era). In Yoruba, it means "She brings joy." So, we see her name as meaning Joyful Spring.

~Nichelle
Farmgirl Sister #8159
FGOTM December 2020
"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station through which God speaks to us every hour if we will only tune in." ---George Washington Carver
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6817 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6817 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  09:17:37 AM  Show Profile
Happy spring Connie & Nichelle and all my FarmGirl sisters. May spring be good to us all.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6449 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6449 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  10:05:02 AM  Show Profile
Happy Spring Everyone.
Living in Coos Bay Oregon on the coast our flowers have been blooming for awhile, especially the Daffodils which I love.
Here are some in front of our mailboxes.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018

“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  10:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Happy Nowruz! The Persian New Year begins exactly on the spring equinox. I've posted in the past about the two week long celebrations for the Persian New Year. My husband is originally from Tehran. We had a big celebration dinner last night and spent the day texting with family wishing them Happy New Year.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring weekend! Love the daffodils, mine aren't quite that far a long yet. I also can't wait for the gardening season to begin! Our final frost date in the Chicago area is May 15, so I have to restrain myself on these beautiful early spring days.

Dawn in IL

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold, when it is summer in the light and winter in the shade." Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2136 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2136 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  1:11:20 PM  Show Profile
I have alway felt that the new year should start in spring. It's like the earth waking up and all the new life appearing.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  7:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,, I was enjoying all the yellow Daffies as we drove through Oregon last week.. just makes ya smile!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  7:15:00 PM  Show Profile
Judith,, I agree,,, the new year should start with the Spring...
The day after I returned home I saw my Crocus' in full purple bloom!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  1:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Happy Spring ladies! Our first day of spring was filled with tons of rain followed by snow the next day. I’m ready for some warm weather but I think our spring didn’t get the memo lol

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  4:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Our Spring down here in Florida has been bursting out for the past 3-4 weeks. This weekend, however, when Spring officially arrived, it was cold , drizzly and breezy both Saturday and Sunday. We are supposed to see mid 80s by Thursday which will feel like we skipped Spring and headed into Summer. March is a very volatile month here weather wise. This year, our Azalea bushes were absolutely gorgeous all over town. It was one of the prettiest years we have had in awhile. I also saw two Monarch butterflies in our yard this afternoon and our Milk Weed plants are full of blooms, which they love.. Since bulb flowers don't grow down here, I found some single potted tulips, purple hyacinth and pink hyacinth at the grocery store. Then I replanted them in a larger flower pot and they were so happy to be out of those tiny plastic pots with real dirt, water and sunshine that they shot right up and started blooming on day 2!! It has been such a joy to have pink tulips and fragrant Hyacinths to watch and enjoy this year.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:06:32 PM  Show Profile
Wow Winnie, it sounds so colorful and beautiful by you! We are in the ugly winter retreating and spring not quite greening up stage. My daffodils should bloom by Easter and I am really looking for some color out there.

Dawn in IL

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold, when it is summer in the light and winter in the shade." Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  8:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Happy Spring!! While we're starting to see hints of a possible spring... we've still had snow in our forecast. I have spring fever so bad, but we can't plant until Memorial Day... we are still in the 20's at night. Makes for a long spring fever here in my neck of the woods!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2021 :  07:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Happy Spring, Girls!!! This week we have been in the high 60's and sunny, and we are just loving every moment of it. Seeds are started, one bed of the garden is planted, the daffodils and crocuses are up, the hyacinths and tulips are emerging. The birds are chirping happily, the squirrels are frolicking throughout the neighborhood! Glorious! Glorious! Glorious! I'm even happy to report that pesky skunk is back - a sure sign of good weather, and the battle is on! LOL!

Wishing all of you the wonders of spring!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2021 :  07:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh! And Happy Persian New Year to you, Dawn! Hope you're having a wonderful celebration of life, goodness and light!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Happy Spring! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page