oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  3:32:34 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY VALENTINE'S TO ALL MY FARMGIRL FRIEND!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  3:58:46 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I can't tell you how good it will be to move on!! I pray that all goes well at the doctor's!

Sarita, You are so sweet! I know everything will work out so much better in the end! I am trying to be brave!! This morning I totally lost it and bawled and Gary wasn't sure what to do!! I think I just needed to get it out of my system and now I am good! We started moving stuff back to the house and that was a bit hard, but I am looking forward to sorting through everything and really moving forward from here! Gary is still working for Steve, but it is a much different atmosphere! Much better for Gary and we will also very soon be in a position that if Steve lets him go, It won't matter financially right away! I honestly now think that Steve is terrified of finishing anything!! He has 5 houses and an old school house and none of them are done! I think the attitude towards us was that he was being pushed (so to speak) to get this one really done!

Rae, Take care and don't get sick!!!:)

Lisa, I think we have finally learned our lesson with him!!! I will get the recipe for you!!

Brenda, You are sweet! I can't help it! Most of the time I would rather pass stuff on than try to sell it! No worries at all over becoming jaded from Steve! I would go nuts if I tried to live like that!

Michele, I will have to check out elderberry juice! I can't tell you how few of colds we have had around here since I started homeschooling the kids!

Well I now have tons of boxes to sort through, but it will be so nice to have everything in one place again!!! Gary is smoking some pork for dinner for me for Valentine's!! Perfect for me to get out of dinner!!:) Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  5:26:07 PM  Show Profile

We have babies!!! Molly had two handsome boys about an hour ago. She was confused and didn't quite understand what just happened, so she didn't clean them up. Stan stepped in and cleaned them off and helped them get their first meal. She is doing fine with them now.

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  6:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Lori, they're adorable! How sweet. Congratulations.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  6:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Lori, They are so very cute!!!:) Congratulations!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  05:05:43 AM  Show Profile
Lori, they are doll babies! Hope you are feeling better.

Brenda, how exciting! New sheep. If you don't find your drop spindle soon, I will send you one of mine, I don't use them anymore and I have a few. Just let me know. I sent 2 wheels home with Angie or I would have let you have one of them. I don't think they are haaving the annual Spring Fling but they are having a Fiber Retreat at Jefferson City. I can't go, it is a 2 day thing.

I got to get ready to go to work. Everyone have a good day.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  05:13:42 AM  Show Profile
Too bad, Sarita...maybe we'll have to start our own Spring Fling!
I am not giving up hope yet. I know mine has to be fixed. I over-whittled the hook trying to get it to work better, but I already know how I'm going to fix it...just have to find the silly thing. That's the trouble with moving every couple of years. I'm sure I put it in a box of stuff that seemed logical to me at the time! Just can't remember which logic I was using that day! Ha!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  08:21:13 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I am always putting stuff up in what seems like a logical place and then for the life of me I can't remember where except that I thought it was a very good spot! I even put a password lock on my phone with a very simple word that I thought for sure I would remember and then I had to do it about 10 times before I finally remembered what "simple" word I used!!:)

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

modjeska
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Lisa
Salina Kansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  11:07:44 AM  Show Profile
Lori, hope all goes well at the dr's. Your little kids are so cute. I just love baby goats!

Brenda I'm glad I'm not the only one who puts something in a very logical place and then can't find it for the life of me! I always say things are not lost just misplaced. It makes it sound more hopefull ;)

I am just embarking on my fiber journey and am looking for someone around here to teach meow to spin. I hadn't thought of asking this group; I would like to by a spinning wheel. I didn't realize they were so expensive. If anyone has a used one they would like to sell I would be very interested.

I am still researching angora goats and looking for a breeder. I even got permission from my husband. Which is a big deal because his mantra is usually "one more animal and I'm moving out!" LOL
He was wonderful on my birthday. He sent me flowers with a box of chocolates, took me to dinner and had a gift for me from the boys. His track record hasn't been good so for him this was huge. I went to equifest last weekend and he even gave me $$ to spend there. Who is this guy????!!! I hope he stays around.
Have a great day ladies!!!
lisa
i hope everyone elses V day was as good.
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  11:26:46 AM  Show Profile
Lisa,

I don't know how far you are from Jefferson City, MO, but the fiber fest that several have already mentioned would probably be a great place to learn! I think it is in late March.

The babies are doing great. They sure are little! For some reason, I expected them to be a bit bigger.

I would love it if we could get our own fiber retreat someday - wouldn't that be a hoot?

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

modjeska
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Lisa
Salina Kansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  11:32:09 AM  Show Profile
Our own fiber retreat is a great idea! Hopefully I'll have some fiber animals by the. LOL
Lori, are those boer kids/ That's what I have now but I'm getting out of those and into angora.
I don't know how far I am from Jefferson City but I'll look into it. I am going to try to go to the one in Manhatten KS in April. If anyone else is going maybe we could meet up!
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  11:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Yep! They are boer. Great weed-eaters! My 10 year old loves them to death. He and Oscar, the wether, play chase. In fact, that is what he was doing last night when he came high-tailing it to the house to say that Molly had a baby coming. As many cows as we have had, neither of the boys had ever seen one born. So they both got an education last night!

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  12:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I am so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! My guy just threw away one of my favorite pieces of furniture that I wanted to refinish!!:(

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  08:02:27 AM  Show Profile
Okay, ladies, I have a question. How long should I leave mama and new babies in their pen in the barn? Molly is REALLY unhappy being cooped up and is taking very good care of them now. She would be going back into a pasture with very friendly and gentle female hair sheep (that have done fine in the past with newborn hair sheep) and her pregant sisters and VERY pregnant aunt.

I guess I need to know this for the sake of the sheep too.

Thanks!
~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  10:51:03 AM  Show Profile
I am not the pro but when cold have kept mine in for up to 2 weeks and then out. Mine are out now and will only go in if we get some freezing rain or really cold again. The other sheep are really good with them and I do have only 7 with babies right now. Seems to be working good but that is me here in Mn

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  11:57:58 AM  Show Profile
Well, we are in the lower 70's today, and it hasn't been below 40 at night, so I think I will put them out in the morning so I can keep an eye on them during the day tomorrow. Thanks!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  1:58:55 PM  Show Profile
It was supposed to be 57 and partly sunny here today. It only reached 41 and has been foggy and overcast all day long.
New sheep girls are in. Should a ram be doing the love grin and trying to mount an already pregnant ewe? If not, one of my new ewes is not pregnant! Since these girls came from the same place as my first ones and already know each-other, we didn't quarentine them except for their first night.
Another peice of news. Our 13th grandchild was born just after midnight this morning. Ayden Lee Larson weighed in at just under nine pounds and stretches out to 21 1/2 inches. He's not as big as his daddy was, but he's still a good-sized boy. Mother and baby are doing well.
Are you feeling better yet, Lori? When will you have the results from your tests (I hope I didn't miss that information).

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  7:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Brenda! Ayden is a big boy! So glad mother and baby are doing well.
It sounds like one of your girls is open. And now if your ram has access...you will be lambing in June!
It was so foggy today. It got up to 51 about 4pm and the sun actually came out. Sounds like we are going to have some wonderful weather the next few days.

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  03:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Benda!! We had 51!!! Today supposed to be warm again and then cool down to MN temps but still not too bad.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  07:38:58 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Brenda!!

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  07:48:01 AM  Show Profile
Congrat's Brenda on the new Grand Baby.

Lori are you doing better - I lost the posting but I am hoping by now you are doing better or that the Dr's found a way to help.

Sounds like everyone is getting the warmer weather - we too and a bunch of wind too. Clocked in at 64 miles per hour. I had two more sets of twins born over the weekend so that makes 5 sets of twins and one single. I put on the blog the stories of what has been happening here and I must say I had a miracle happen here.

Monica I hope that your new direction will give you the peace you have so need for so long. I also pray that Gary will find someone who appreciates his talents and pays him well for them.

Lisa I send you a late Birthday wish and it sounds like your husband stepped it up a notch.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  2:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Well, I went and had a CT run on my tummy today. I had to drink the contrast stuff that looks like milk, but ain't nowhere near the taste of it. You would think if man can make an Iphone, he could make that stuff taste better. The only thing that kept it down while I was chugging away was Stan reminding me that if I threw up, I would just have to drink more. What would I do without him?

I have been invited to demo and talk about spinning and the process of raw wool to a finished product in Jessica's "Clothing and Textiles" class at school! Her teacher, Mrs. Law, was my home ec teacher way back when, and I love her dearly. I am going on Monday. I hope I can keep it to just one hour!

Happy late birthday Lisa!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lori, that sounds bad! I hope you get good news from the scan and it will all have been worth it.
Your talk at school sounds like fun.
Grace, I read your stories on your blog. So wonderful that the lambs found a momma.
Thanks for all congrats. We're going to try to get to see the little guy next week
Solomon is leaving Sage alone today. I asked the breeder and she said it could just be a "new girl" thing...at least she hopes so! We will know in a few weeks, I guess!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  6:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi All...Congrats on the new Grand baby Brenda. I know I can't wait to see mine come May. Her blood pressure was a bit elevated last week and they want her to have the gestational diabetes test the first week in March. A few prayers for an "all is well" would be appreciated.

I hope your test comes back with good news, Lori. I hope you will be feeling better soon. How exciting to be teaching in your daughters class at school. I have a couple of friends who are Civil War reinactors and we did a presentation to the entire 7th grade. It was supposed to be just my daughters history class and they called us at the last minute and asked if we would present to them all in the gym. I enjoyed embarressing my daughter as I was walking around in a huge hoop skirt and a bonnet complete with feathers!! Nothing like describing "open drawers" to a bunch of 7th graders - boy did that get a few hoots!! Good times and great memories....

Weather was a mixed bag here - snow, wind, rain, a tiny bit of sun, and more snow. Hopefully it will mellow out. I am so ready for spring!!!

Happy belated birthday, Lisa.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  04:05:25 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, I hope all goes well with expecting mom. I will put them in our prayers. May is getting close. I am getting so excited about our new baby. Ang is getting impatient too. She goes back to the doctor today. We are looking at March 30. Angie is ready, Evan is going to be dressed like a baby doll. She has enough cloths for him to wear until he is 2. So glad that Ang and Wayne are having so much fun preparing for their new family member.

Lori I continue to pray for you too. The kids will have a good time with your fiber presentation. I was asked to do a spinning demonstration for preschool and for the Jr High history classes a couple of year. It was fun. I took a couple of my wheels and the drum carder, hand carders and the kids got to do some hands on. I also took different fibers so they could touch and feel. I gave the preschool kids a piece of wool and they were making a bunny and they used the sample for his tail.

My mother fell last week in the night. After many test, they thought that she had a sinus or ear infections, she took a round of antibiotics but the dizziness returned and she was afraid of falling and just felt awful. I stayed the night Wed. night after we had her in the ER. I got her grocery shopping done and meds picked up yesterday. Hopefully we are on the mend. I worry what we are going to do as she gets more fragile. She loves her home and all her antiques and dolls. Her mother lived to be 106 but she was unable to stay alone when she was in her early 90s. She didn't know me when I went to see her when she was about 98 on. I need to build on a large room for her to stay here but she would probably decide that she didn't want to stay here after we got the room built. I don't know if it would work with both she and I in the same house. I love her but in the last few years, she trys to tell me what to do and it doesn't set well.

I got home late yesterday and we unrolled a large bale of hay for the sheep. The Ewes tried to bounce and run but being pregnant and all their wool...they looked funny trying to jump and run. It was 70 degree yesterday afternoon. I took off my jacket while choring and just had on a turtle neck with long sleeves. I was pretty excited when we fed the cows. The cow that lost her calf to coyotes last year didn't look like she was going to have a calf...but she is, probably in the next month. The cows are going to be brought up close to the barn during calving season this year.

I need to get ready for work, the snow melt has caused the creek to be out and I have to go around the long way to get to work. They are saying we are getting more nasty weather next week...looks like we will get the mix right now. I want to scatter some clover, brome, and timothy seed on bare spots in the pastures when I get home tonight.

Happy Birthday Lisa.

Have a good day

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page