grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  06:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Sarita - I will place your mother in my prayers and hope that she mends quickly without any issues. I so understand your position. My mother and I do well if we are not underfoot - we both are very independant and like things our way. She has become so difficult on many fronts that it would be a nightmare to care for her in my home. Besides she hates that my ground is uneven!! You read that right - farms should have even, flat ground because who wants to watch where their walking? I will keep you in my prayers Sarita that you will find a way.

Sheri, your family has never left my prayers and I am sure the doctors will be keeping a close eye on Angie and the little one. I know it can weight on everyone but I know all will be well. March will soon be here and all this will be put behind you all.

Lori I am praying that your on the mend and that soon you will be back to your chipper self. Have fun doing the demo - I love doing those... For many years I went to school to show sheep to finished products. I would travel one of the bottle lambs so they can touch and see where does not only the meat come from but where they get their clothes. I also traveled some of the llamas or alpacas to show them other cultural sources of meat and fiber. The boys and I would also take animals to nursing homes just for them to see, touch and for some remember what they had on a farm. Tons of fun for us to do.

Had another set of twins born Thursday afternoon. I also posted an event that happened here that really made me work on what I truely believe in life. It has been a hard week here but I guess we all get more then our share - some weeks this always seems to be a tough week for our family... I have had to give myself several real good talking to's to push thru but this is what makes us the people we are I guess...

Have a great day ladies and remember I am always in prayer for your higher good and health.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  11:13:39 AM  Show Profile
WOW! A lot has been going on in the past few days around here!

Brenda, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I am so very excited for you!

Lori, I hope all of the test results come out good! I am excited for you about doing the demo! I hope you have fun!

Sarita, Tell Angie we miss her!!! I will be praying for your mom!

Grace, You are just going to town with babies aren't you!! I do hope that you are getting enough rest! Gary talked to Steve yesterday and things are being finalized for him to get paid! It's not perfect, but way better than Gary thought it would be! So sorry to hear about the little one! :)

Hope you all have a great day! I have been cleaning unpacking and spinning!!!! I am working on some merino/ tussah roving that i am spinning into lace weight yarn and I am absolutely loving it!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  11:33:15 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Sarita. I will be praying for you. My mama lives on the other side of town, and though I love her dearly, I don't know that we could live in the same house, we are both very set in our ways. I went away to college for 3 years, and then I moved home for a few months before Stan and I married. That was enough to last a looong time.

I have another question. The second little goat twin has turned out to be vVERY bow legged. His hooves are flat on the ground, I mean, he isn't walking on the sides of his hooves, just with his "knees" way too far apart. We thought he was just a stumbly newborn looking to find his land legs, but he is 5 days old now and it is very pronounced. He was born back feet first, and was born very quickly, so I don't think he was in the birth canal long, so I am not sure if that position had anything to do with it. He is getting around fine. He looks like a cross between a bulldog and a goat. Does anyone know if this is harmful?

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

modjeska
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Lisa
Salina Kansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  2:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. My dear husband did get it right this year, it only took him 21 yeas to figure it out, but I'll take it!!

Lori, I hope you get good new from your scan and they are able to relive your discomfort.

Aging parent issues are so difficult. I will be thinking of you , Sarita. I hope you find a solution that works for the both of you. We have been going through that with my grandmother and it it very hard on the whole family.

Grace I am going to check out your blog right now. I am still researching goats. I am in central Kansas so if any of you are close enough with stock to sell please let me know. I am also wondering which wold be a better way to go, goats or sheep? Any thoughts?
Take care everyone.
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  6:43:38 PM  Show Profile
back to winter, tomorrow. :( Got cows fed, coop cleaned, chimney cleaned, and bucket back on the tractor. Expecting somewhere around a foot. We get spoiled fast, with warm weather.
I did manage to spin some yarn today. I spun some of my dyed wool,a pink, blue and purple, that I really didn't care alot about. Then I did some black/grey. Not sure what the color would be called, from my Jill. I plyed the two together, and it turned out pretty neat. Will get a picture, tomorrow. The 2 skeins are drying right now. It is such fun to see how the yarn turns out.
Best wishes to all
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  8:11:37 PM  Show Profile
The weather has been mild and I have been going like a crazy woman all week end. I washed 3 fleeces that I had stored in the barn, then I listed it for sale on my blog. I have a bed covered with bags of fleeces, baskets full of wool everywhere in my studio...I need to get it cleaned up so I can create.

Brenda, did you go see your baby? I also took pictures of my spindles, have you found yours yet? Let me know if you need one.

Hope everyone is well. It is bedtime, back to work tomorrow. I think I have to go back to work in order to rest up....
God Bless

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  03:40:51 AM  Show Profile
No, Sarita, we didn't make it down yet. We plan to go to Sedalia this week and see the little munchkin. My DIL's mom and cousin are there now, so we wanted to let them have their time before we barged in!
No, I didn't find my spindle yet. I spent the whole week rearranging my whole crafting area upstairs so that Greg could have some office space up there. He is working on writing a book, plus he has started preaching fairly regularly at the church where we attend in Bethany, so he really needed a space (temporary) of his own.
Now that all of that is sorted out, I can get into that closet and start pulling boxes out. If it isn't too cold up there this week, that is! It looks like we'll be saying "good bye" to last week's beautiful weather for a little while longer.
It sounds like you had a busy weekend. I like weekends like that, where I feel like I accomplished so much, especially if I had fun doing it.
I will let you know about the spindle. Hopefully I will have found it within the next few days.
Everybody have a great week.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  08:46:12 AM  Show Profile
WooHoo! I found it! Now I just have to get a hook in it and start practicing!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  10:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! Either it's my pregnancy brain or I"m just outta practice, but can you believe that I had a hard time finding the button to join in the conversation here!?! Mercy!!! Sorry I've been away, I've been keeping updated through Mom though. I'm so glad spring is around the corner. I'm really enjoying everyone's blogs with the new 4 legged additions! Those little goats are so adorable. I'll miss lambing season at mom's, but it's worth it to have a little lamb of my own.

Evan is doing great. The doc is estimating him to be around 5 pounds and expects him to be between 7.5 to 8 lbs when he is born in 5 1/2 weeks. 5 1/2 weeks! OMG!!!! The gestational diabetes has been under control and if I haven't had him by March 31st, he'll be induced that day. I can't wait! I've been trying so hard to keep myself occupied, but there honestly isn't anything I have left to get or make for him (He's already well outfitted and diapered up to 24 months except for whatever disposables I'll need as we go.) I've had to turn my attention elsewhere. Wayne, the poor guy, has no choice but to step outta my way. This week, I've been repainting the cabinets and even installed a new faucet by myself! Don't let anyone tell you that a big ole pregnant woman can't fit into a cabinet! I love the new faucet and it'll come in handy for Evan's bath time. I've entertained the thought of installing a new back splash as well, but I think I'll wait for that. It's kinda hard to lean over a counter when you are holding a basketball in your tummy, if ya know what I mean. We have a rather large dog kennel/pin in the back yard on the concrete slab that I plan to convert into a small greenhouse, so I've been researching the materials to get for that, but I'm stuck indoors today as we're covered in ice. Wayne keeps a pretty tight leash on me as it is, but there's no way he's letting me out on the ice. Matter-of-fact, I've been ordered to the couch today.

Congratulations on the new grandson Brenda! 13? My goodness! What a blessed grandma! Then Jessica is due soon. Anymore on the way?

Lori I hope you get to feeling better. Stomach trouble are horrible.

Monica, I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out with the house, but it sounds like you are taking it in stride. Hang in there.

Sheri, try not to worry much about the gestational diabetes if she does end up having it. I was worried when first diagnosed, but it's really been pretty easy to control my blood sugars. I feel much more energetic and healthy too! That's not to say I haven't had mad cravings for anything sweet, but I'll indulge after the birth. Wayne's already on standby! I'll be praying for the momma and her little one.

Welcome to the new ladies on the board! I love this bunch of ladies!

Mom, I got your birthday present finished twice, yep, twice. I took it apart and redid it! Good thing I bought extra supplies. I'm happy with how it turned out this time and will get it in the mail to you as soon as this blasted ice melts. Mom's birthday is Friday ladies! WOO HOO!!! I have to give her little hints to torture her because she's always been sneaky and now that I'm 400+ miles away from her, it's so much more fun! Love you Mom!

I better quit for now. Gotta scrounge up something to eat!

Take care everyone!

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Little Red Caboose on Feb 21 2011 10:53:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  2:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Angie what's you makin your mom?

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  2:30:26 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Angie, you sound so full of energy? That's wonderful.
Jessica is due May first. She has her birthing pool already! She is very excited about having her first home birth.
She will be finishing her course next month for her doula certification.
I think after this, that will be all the grandbabies for at least a year or two! LOL!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  5:06:04 PM  Show Profile
See everyone! She posted that forgetting her name would appear right next to the question! She's a stinker! LOL!

Yeah Brenda, I've had quite a bit of energy, but mainly nervous energy. If I don't keep busy, I'll go stark raving mad! Hee! Hee! I bet Jessica is excited and can't believe she's already almost done with the doula certification. Wow!

Grace, I forgot to post that I had read about you losing the little one. I cried my eyes out. Losing any animal is hard, but to have one die after growing so close to them is one of the most difficult things one can experience in my opinion. I'm sorry for the loss.

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  08:27:46 AM  Show Profile
Angie, It's great to hear from you!!! I am so glad that everything is going great! You can tell me what you made for your mom for her birthday and I promise I won't tell her!!! haha!!!

Brenda, Glad to hear that you found your spindle!!:)

It has been busy here with school and bringing stuff back! I have been doing pretty good sorting through stuff, but I still have a LONG way to go! Where did all of this stuff come from! Most of what I have to sort through is fabric and kitchen stuff which is hard to get rid of any of it, but I am trying to get everything organized so I have more time to work! Gary did get the bunk beds put together so for now Isaiah is out form sleeping on the hide a bed in the front room, which is great because now we don't have to drag out blankets every night and put them away every morning! He has to top bunk and the girls share the bottom! It works for now! I got a lot done yesterday including 4 loads of laundry, threw away 2 trash cans of stuff from the yard, gathered up more stuff to get rid of and made a Greek Raisin Roll for Gary and it's really yummy and easy! Today I have to go to the market! Oh and I put $$ down on a fleece yesterday!!! Hope everyone is staying warm! Forgive that I forget who, but someone asked for the chocolate cake recipe... I will post it later today!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  09:28:21 AM  Show Profile
clean up is done. We got a lovely 15 inches of snow. I finished cleaning ours and my dads driveway this morning. I shoveled a path for the sheep, to get out to their pasture. Cleaned off the bee hive, I could hear them buzzing. Let the chickens out to enjoy the sunshine! Cows were all standing soaking up the sun shine too. Even got our road plowed today, so that is great. Four wheel drive was the only way we were able to make it to work yesterday.

Hope you enjoying cleaning and organizeing Monica. It feels good when your all done!
Angie, best wishes and enjoy your "free" time now! Soon you will be very busy. I remember thinking, after the first one, how will I get anything done! Have fun with the grandbaby Brenda. 13 is a great number. We will be having number 2 in september. (grandbaby) Sarita, happy birthday on Friday! Hope you have a great day. At least Angie didn't tell everyone your age!!

This is my lastest spinning creations. I didn't care for the dyed color much, and plyed it with my Jills wool. Turned out pretty neat.
take care
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  09:33:31 AM  Show Profile
I like your yarn, Michele...love those colors.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  10:01:58 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I know it's a pain to clean up from, but it sure is pretty! I LOVE the yarn!
this is what I have been working on lately

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  10:05:48 AM  Show Profile
That is very pretty, too, Monica. And I can't wait to see the choc cake recipe...you need to post the recipe for the Greek Raisin Roll, too, of course :-D

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  10:12:28 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning. I'm glad we didn't get your snow, Michele. We did get about an inch with high winds and we are heading into the arctic blast by the weekend. I had really hoped that we were finished with the sub-zero temps. It's unusual this late in the winter here. I am not looking forward to it. My stock tank heater went out again just in time for the cold. I have about had it with stuff that is manufactured so poorly. Now it's back to ice breaking again. It's so hard on my wrists. I'd love to buy another one (number 2 this winter) but the finances will not bend that far right now.

Your yarn looks lovely, Michele. I finally got some finish on my box but I am not happy with the finish "build" and will have to add some more coats. I had tried a new gel wipe on finish but am not at all impressed with it. I will try to get some pics taken to post. In the meantime I started another picture - I "paint" with veneer that is a combination of natural, commercially dyed (from france) and I have done some of my own dyed pieces with fiber reactive dyes. This is the first piece that I have tried with my own custom dyed veneer so we shall see how it works out.

I have been doing some spinning in the evenings plus knitting teeny tiny baby socks. I worked out a pattern where the foot is only 1 1/2 inches long -worked on size 0 needles. They are so cute. Great way to use up all my left over sock yarn bits and pieces.

Must be so freeing to finally settle back in again, Monica. I'll bet your son is happy to be off the couch.

So good to hear from you again, Angie. Enjoy all that energy while you can. I'll bet you are really excited now that it's getting close.

Sarita, your wool looks so yummy as it always does. Glad you got some good weather. How is your mother doing? Better, I hope.

Have you tried out your spindle yet, Brenda now that you've found it at long last? Enjoy yourself - pretty soon it will take up all your available time!!

Did you get your test results back yet, Lori? I hope you are feeling better.

Did you get hit with that blizzard, Rae? How are you little ones doing?

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  10:15:23 AM  Show Profile
Monica your yarn looks fantastic. What pretty colors. I guess we were all posting at about the same time.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  2:55:32 PM  Show Profile
Early Happy Birthday, Sarita!

Everyone's handspun looks so pretty. Michele, I love those colors! Monica, is that some more of your silk? I am amazed at how tiny you can spin.

We learned the shearer will be here in a couple of weeks. So much to do. We started into the sheep business so fast that we are now playing catch up. We need to get a place ready in the barn for him to shear, and then we realized that we can't put the rams in the same holding pen with the ewes - some we didn't breed and we don't want fights. More plans to be made.

Test results came back as I expected - nothing. Pain still keeps hitting several times a day, but thankfully nothing like it did that night. Just enough to make me think "is it going to happen again?" I am not very pushy when it comes to my health, but my husband is. He wants answers. I just don't want to go through that again. I tried to look on the internet to help identify what it could be, and I found everything from I am just a wimp and need to suck it up, to I should be dead by sunset. I am in favor of the first choice. :)

I scored some really nice yarn this afternoon at the thrift store. Over $100 worth for $8.50! And it is REALLY nice stuff! Woo-Hoo!

Angie - SLEEP!!! Tank up now when you have the chance! HaHa! Keep on "nesting", you will be so glad you did. Also, I wish I had put some meals together and stuck them in the freezer before each of mine was born. On those days when I didn't remember sleeping or brushing my teeth, an oven ready meal would have been a God-Send!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  05:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Monica your yarn if so pretty. Love the blues.
Lori, good advice on the meals. I had to laugh, as I remember not brushing my teeth till late afternoon a few times! Sheri, I bet those teeny tiny socks are super cute! I have knitted a change purse on 0000 needles. They are beaded and turn out nice, but it is like knitting on wire! Thanks Brenda for the yarn compliments, thanks to all of you. I think I need to work on my spinning techniques. Monica yours looks so perfect! Mine looks rustic. :)
I put the sheep out yesterday, and the next time I looked there they were standing in the driveway. Buggers. They had walked over their fence. I only have temporary one wire electric fence for winter. I have not had it on all winter, and they never noticed. But now that it is under the snow again, they walked out! They don't go anywhere, which is nice. They are used to being loose, as they go back in the barn each night. It is so funny how easily they are guided with a stick in my hand.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  10:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, Thank you!! I will get the recipes up hopefully today!

Sheri, Thank you! You will have to show us pics of the socks!!! I am not really happy that we didn't get moved out of here, but it is so nice to get all of my stuff back to one place! I am having a mad cleaning day today! My in-laws are coming over tomorrow and the house is a disaster from moving everything back in! I took a whole jeep load to the thrift store yesterday and it felt so good! I am also rearranging furniture! I have to say that it feels so good to condense and hopefully really get organized!

Lori, I hope you are still with us! Don't you just hate that! Sometimes it's not good to have medical stuff online! The yarn is Merino/tussah. I got the roving from a friend of mine and I am just loving it to no end! Very cool deal on the yarn! I got a 3 tier pie rack at the thrift store yesterday for $3.00 and I was so excited! I have wanted one forever!

Michele, Thank you! I am a perfectionist! I think your yarn is great! You should see some of the stuff out there! There are some spinners that do the most chaotic and messy yarns on purpose! If you want to smoother yarns, then just keep spinning and the more you spin the more you will learn to draft to get what you want! Also some fibers will draft smoother than other!

I better get back to cleaning! I hope everyone has a great day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Feb 23 2011 10:17:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  10:19:27 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all. Brrr that wind is chilly. Looks like we are heading for another winter blow starting this afternoon into tomorrow. The snow predictions are all over the place so who knows how much I'll end up with. Got the ice chopped out of the stock tank again and everyone taken care of before it hits. They are saying sub-zeros by friday. That will be 40 degrees below our normal average for this time of the year! I hope this is winters last hurrah.

I agree with Lori on making the meals ahead. When I had my youngest (many moons ago) I even pre-made bread dough and had it frozen so all I had to do was take it out and put it in the pan the night before and it was ready to bake in the morning. I never regretted making so much ahead as he was born a couple of weeks before Christmas.

I have always wanted to try the bead knitting but the thought of stringing all those beads seems so daunting. I do have a sock pattern that calls for beads that I haven't tried yet but in that pattern, the beads are picked up by pulling the cross thread through the bead with a crochet hook onto the left needle and knitting it that way. One of these days I'll give it a shot.

I've got my Zucchini bread in the oven so the house is starting to smell nice and spicy and getting ready to start a pot of chicken soup. Back to work on my picture. Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  03:13:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! Well first off no did not get the last storm, only a couple inches of fluffy stuff. They are watching a storm out west for Sunday though. March can be our tricky month so ....

Not much new here, busy with work and not much left once I get home and we get chores done and supper on.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  04:09:39 AM  Show Profile
Monica, thanks for the advice. I am sure my wool has alot to do with it. Prep work is what it is about. Since we shear ourselves, we don't really know what we are doing, just getting the job done. It is fun to make my own yarn, so I am happy. I am not trying to sell it either. I enjoy wearing my sheep products as well. I did draft two batts last night. So ready to spin when I get in the mood.
Sheri, when I made those change purses, you get a hank of beeds, tie your crochet thread on one end with the smallest knot possible,usually a single knot and just slide the beads onto the thread. Any beads that won't go you break. So your beads are preloaded, and you slide on the number of beads needed asyou knit. it is work, but turns out really nice.
I hear you Rae, some days I feel the same way. I heard about the next storm heading our way.

Michele
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page