grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  5:38:34 PM  Show Profile
No worries Michele... Your plans for the fleece sound incredible. I can not wait to see how it turns out. Slow is a relative word - I know that life does not always want to work with us about our fiber desires. Have fun with it...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:14:07 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear all is well with you Brenda. I wondered how things were going for you. How exciting that you get to keep the farm and the sheep. I have been doing a bit of spinning inbetween my working on my marquetry. I have pictures of both on my blog. I know I sure will be glad to have spring this year. We have been lucky to not have had too much snow (it's snowing as of this writing) but lots of ice this year. After several bad winters in a row I am glad for the bit of respite from it but the ice makes doing chores kind of a challenge. Glad to know all is well with you too, Michele. I usually get an e-mail when someone posts on this thread but I didn't this time...hmmm.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  8:23:42 PM  Show Profile
I am glad to see this again. Sounds like good news for Brenda. I don't know the whole story but I am happy for you. Any time it involves getting to keep sheep, that's good.

Grace, if you sell your place, what are your plans? Will you keep your animals?

I am getting ready for 3 ewes to lamb soon. The Katahdin ewes are getting so big. I see teats and some udders forming. These are all first timers. What should I have on hand just on case? I got 12 free pallets from the pallet shop that I am going to use to make some lambing pens in the stalls for them. I am so excited to have lambs again. It's been about 3 years since I have had sheep with lambs. They should be having the lambs in a few weeks now. I need to separate the ram and the other 2 ewes real soon. I don't know if the 2 Finn ewes are pregnant yet. They should be. I was going to wait til I shear them to see if they are any bigger without all the wool. Then I need to do something with Earl. I hate to do it, but I think he may end up in the freezer. he is so big. Anyway, when I get more batteries for my battery eating camera, I am taking pictures.

It's raining again. We have been so wet this winter. I think it will be August before we are dry again. I hope you are all having a great weekend so far. I have had my 2 grandkids since Thursday night. I am pooped! There's a good reason for having kids young.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  04:28:59 AM  Show Profile
Sheri your woodworking is beautiful. wow
Kris wait till you see your sheep sheared! They will look so small without all that wool.
Grace I have alot of irons in the fire. Way to many interests.
I do one thing for a while, and change to another, and so on down the line!
keeps life interesting
MIchele
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  05:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, Good to hear from everyone. Brenda, so glad to hear that you will get to return to your farm and get some of your sheep back!
I have been reading blogs and trying to keep up with as many of you as I can. Just seems like the days are getting shorter and my list of chores and wool pile is taller.
I sold 27 of my ewes to a new neighbor that wants to raise sheep. I have 19 head right now. We have told my brother in law that we won't be renting pasture to him next year and I can have all the farm for sheep and hay so I plan to travel around this summer and buy some registered BFL ewes. That's the plan right now.
Shearing next month and lambing starts in April. Danny has been taking my box of old spinning wheel parts and making electric spinners for me. They are working great and he really enjoys making them...he is now buying parts and new flyers to make more...will probably be selling a few of them...after all how many spinning wheels does a girl need?????
Time to get ready to leave for work. Just another year or two and I plan to retire and stay home and just be a farm wife...
good to hear from everyone again

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  4:23:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello y'all. We got to 69 today here. And tomorrow into the 70's!

Sarita, do y'all make the bobbins for the wheels? And for the lazy bobbin thing? I guess that's what they are called. The thing that you spin the wool onto on the wheel. How many acres do you have there? I only have 3 here plus a neighbors pasture I get to use for the sheep. I want to make sections so I can rotate them.

So I have a question about fencing. I was going to get some 36" woven wire fence to fence in half my yard for the sheep to eat. But it was $55.00 for 100'plus I'd have to get fence posts. So while at Home Depot this afternoon, I spotted the rolls of black plastic mesh with the woodenstakes that road dept. use. It was $33. for 100' of 36". So I bought a roll of that. My sheep are pretty good about staying where they are supposed to. I was thinking how easy this will be to put up then move to another spot. It's solid and will be 3' when staked up. What do y'all think? Will it hold them in? I have yet to see these guys jump.

And a friend is coming to shear my wool sheep in a few weeks! For just $10 a piece. I am so excited to get the wool. She said that first time wool is the softest. Someone needs to have a school about sheep and wool and spinning and all this. I am finding it really hard to get anyone to help me. Did y'all teach yourselves or have someone teach you?

And I think I have asked before but didn't get an answer to this. Do y'all keep your ram with the ewes at all times or separate them after breeding? I was noticing Earl sniffing around the pregnant ewes ready to lamb a few days ago. I thought he may be annoying them. SO I did separate the 3 really pregnant ewes. But they still have a few weeks to go so I think I will put them all in the yard together tomorrow.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  04:48:18 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I can only help you out with one question! I learned about wool from this forum and the internet. I did take a class on using the drop spindle, but that was it. you tube is full of instruction. Kind of look at alot of ideas, and do what you think is best. I think Sarita had some pictures on her blog of cleaning wool. I think that is what it was about. 10 dollars to shear each sheep, I think, is well worth it! We try to do our 2 ourselves, and it ends up being a long ordeal! good luck with your sheep
Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  2:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Kris I might give my two cents. The plastic sounds like a good idea but I have had many a person try it and at first they stay put but once they figure it out well that is a whole other story. They might not jump it but what they will do is push it over or they just figure to go under. But if you feel your sheep are differnt and you only have three to chase after I guess it is worth a try.

As for shearing and such we are here to help - many of us shear our own and then do the whole fiber business. If you have questions I know many on here will answer. I teach the whole process but I am a bit far from you. As you local extention office and they might point you in the right direction.

As for keeping the ram in with the girls - I would say NO.. They problem is he will get excited when they lamb and wish to breed again and there might be a baby get trampled in the process. Also the ewes can get worried and then again that does not go well for the birth and baby. I have well over 30 breed guys and even thou some are the kindest on the planet it is too much for the mom's to handle. I only had one billy that I allowed to do that and he is the exception to the rule. Besides if he does get protective of his girls you might be the one to suffer his anger. Until you have more experience with the sheep I would not ask for trouble.

I guess that was more then two cents worth. Good Luck.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace. I actaully have 5 ewes and the ram. The 3 Katahdin ewes are going to be lambing in a few weeks. I did put them all (except poor Darla, who had a hurt hoof) over in the yard yesterday. So 4 ewes and Earl. It was good for awhile til Earl got close and I saw him jump over. So into the pen he went. The 4 ewes stayed away from the "fence" because it was a bit windy and it was moving so I think they were afraid of it. I even went to twon and they were still there. Earl is a fence and gate jumper upper, my mistake. He was a bottle baby. So he cannot go over there. I didn't put them there today.

So Darla, my other bottle raised Finn ewe, didn't get up yesterday morning when I went out to feed. I knew right away something was wrong. She is Miss Piggy and always the first to eat. I put the others next door and checked on her. She did get up and I could see she was limping. Her left front foot. I checked it and it was cracked at the top going down a little ways. She wouldn't even eat. I guess she was in pain. So I kept her over in that side by herself. Went to the co-op and got some antiseptic spray and washed her foot off and sprayed it on. Gave her a shot of Banamine. That was fun trying to find a spot to put it. But she was good. I can't see anything else wrong with the foot. She was somewhat better today. Her hooves are not long at all either. Any ideas what could be wrong? It has been SO wet here all winter and mud everywhere they have to go. I have stepping stones and straw on pathes. But it's a mess. And more rain coming next week.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Feb 25 2012 06:18:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  04:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Kris yesterday while going to work, I saw the neighbors 2 sheep getting back into their fenced in pasture. She had a lovely looking woven wire fence around the pasture area. Those sheep had figured out how to get under the woven wire. Once they figure out where they can get out, they will do it everyday. At least that what my two have done! Hope Darla gets better!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  11:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! Thanks for al the well-wishes over my farm.
Sarita, I may be interested in buying a spinning wheel if you decide to sell any, so keep me in mind. I should be back in MO by the first part of May, and already have a new guy in line to cut my hay this year. I also have a new guy in my life (not the hay guy, though!)...and I just heard my ex got married again last THU to a woman he met 5 days after the divorce (so he has known her less than two months)...that's all I'm gonna say about it except that I guess this means I am completely free to move on with my own life.
Grace, the people who are looking for a farm contacted me and said they would like to contact you, so I am going to give them your name and blog site so she can contact you that way.
Kristin, Grace is right...don't let the rams in with the ewes when it is time for birthing. I learned that the hard way. Luckily, no babies were lost, and he was actually quite gentle with the babies, but he didn't want to leave the mommas alone so from now on the daddies have to move to a new location away from birthing mommas until at least a week or so before they get re-introduced. Not only can the babies get hurt, when the mommas are running away from the ram they are not bonding with their babies because they are too busy trying to keep from being mounted. No one wants to go through that right after giving birth!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  07:16:01 AM  Show Profile
I have Earl in the penned area that we fixed a few months ago. I had to move a fence panel so the ewes could use the big stall with the door. He has a lean-to type shelter so he should be ok. I think after we shear him and the 2 Finn ewes I am going to go ahead and sell him. Then I'll get a few rams later in the fall. He is such a big baby. Making me feel sorry for him.

The other 4 ewes are being really good in the yard. They are afraid of the wind blowing the black plastic. So I go out there and shake it every once in awhile. We had a really bad leak for a few months over there so the grass is so green and tall and looking good. Sheep are so funny though. They seem to like scrubby old grasses. They are eating it but it took them awhile to like it.

I gave Darla a 5ml shot of LA 200 this morning and soaked her foot in that blue copper tox stuff. She is still on the other side by herself til she gets better. I don't see anything wrong with her hoof other than a slight crack on the outside of the hoof. I hope this shot works. She hates me right now. But if it helps her that's ok.

Is there something I can put down in the pasture where she is to keep any germs or bacteria away?

Brenda, thanks for the advice. And I am amazed how fast some men get over a divorce. Makes you wonder. My best friend died last May and her husband was seeing other women a few months later. I hope you do get on with your life. It will be much better now that you are able to make your own choices and do what you want to do. I just read that you have a new guy! Good for you. I missed that part.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  7:19:13 PM  Show Profile
We had a mild but windy day today. Danny has made me 3 electric spinners and I have really been spinning the yarn. I also purchased an antique hat wooden hat mold yesterday on Ebay. I am planning on knitting and felting hats and purses that I design... Angie has motivated me. She got a new felting machine so whatever I make, she can decorate with wool felt. She also took two old matching dressers and put them back to back and put a new top on them and gave them a beautiful paint job...her work area is really coming along and she is not buying anything but the paint and upholstery materials. I went upstairs today and carded wool.
Kristin, we have about 90 acres that I will have for sheep and haying. I have just been allowed to use about 15 acres for the sheep. My BIL isn't very happy but I figure that if I am going to take care of animals and hay...it might as well be our animals and our hay. We do have a few cows too. Still looking for BFL ewes.
Brenda, so happy that you can move on and that you are going to get the farm. Happy that you have a new fellow!
I will not be lambing until April this year. We will probably shear sheep in about 2 weeks.

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  09:22:18 AM  Show Profile
Can I put my buck in with ram to keep him company? I know I'll have to keep the white salt block in there and just feed hay. But was just wondering. Poor Earl is breaking my heart.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  03:57:06 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, I have seen many farms where bucks and rams are together. I would just of course be careful with feed. No copper mis haps! And introduce them, maybe a panel splitting the pen? I think it should be fine.

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  05:20:50 AM  Show Profile
I am going to try it and see. The buck is over the ridge at another farm for a few weeks so when he gets back I'll try. Poor Earl is a mess. He's so sweet I hate to get rid of him but I really don't need him now. But if the other 2 ewes aren't pregnant then maybe I'll try again in a few months for fall lambs. Has anyone done that before? I was told that Finn and Hampshire are good breeders all year. I am breeding my 2 younger does in a few months for Oct. or Nov. kids so I will have milk all year now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  06:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Kristin-I am not sure on the breeding season of sheep. So I hope someone else helps you.
I hope the buck and ram get along so that you can keep him.

I have been so busy and over whelmed with all of the "stuff" in my life I haven't been on here in awhile. But I missed you all so much. So I am going to make a point to get on here more.

I have a doe ready to kid soon. Actually any day now! I am sitting in my office and listening to my barn monitor. With all the wind and rain today would be a good day for a kidding! This doe is called Bella. She will be two in April and this is her first kidding. She is afraid of human touch so I hope this helps her to trust as I will be touching her more and more. She came from a farm that does not work or really care for their animals. But I knew her bloodline and I got her cheap. If I can breed her to my best bucks and get some good blood and dairy qualities in my herd then it will be worth it. At some point I will probably either sell her and her two doe "sisters" from the same farm or I will put them on as land clearing crews!

I hope all of you are staying dry! This may not have been a cold and snowy winter but man have we had a lot of rain! I still have mud every where!
We will be moving my horse on our 5 acres down the road along with a friends two young horses. I will miss seeing her out my window, but there is more grass and space for her down the road! Once she is gone we will be re doing all of our fencing and how the pastures are laid out. We are hoping to maximize our use of our two acres here. I cant wait! It will give us more space for raised gardens and more pastures. It will also allow us to split up our pastures into smaller spaces for better rotation. I will have to take some before and after pictures!

Well I have to get a move on. It is our anniversary today and I am making a big dinner! 20 years!

Come visit my blog

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  04:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Angie, on your 20th. good luck with the fenceing projects.
Wow Sarita, Danny sure has been busy! Your very lucky! Glad to hear your electric spinners are working so well.
Your fibers on your blog are great.
We got dumped on. I am not sure how much snow we got, but over a foot. What a wet heavy mess. I still have to go out and try to clean out the barn yards. It is belly deep to my cows. The sheep will be staying in for a few days, as they would not even make it out to their pasture. I will let them run around the plowed areas today. I spent about 5 hours yesterday plowing 3 driveways. Then going back and cleaning out the ends, after the road grader finally went though. I would go a few feet, and ver off and dump. With ice underneath I could only plow down hill. Such fun. At least no babies yet here. So glad for that.
michele
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  5:59:14 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Angie.
Michele, we had a wind that took the west end of the big machine shed doors and the west end of the sheep barn. The wind howled the whole day yesterday. Shingles blew off the house, trees were uprooted and we had 4 of the 850 lb bales of hay lined up and the storm moved one bale about 25 feet. A neighbor's roof came off of their barn and another had a shed completely blow away. Leap Day was very windy!
No lambs yet...next month for me. We also need to build more lots for the sheep.

Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  03:00:16 AM  Show Profile
Wow Sarita, I am glad you are all ok. You guys have had some scary weather.

Thanks Ladies!

Come visit my blog

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  04:19:07 AM  Show Profile
Hope all is well Sarita. Gosh that makes for alot of extra work. But some pretty bad storms went through the country. Glad it was not worse.
We got 15-18 inches of snow out of those storms. Got the barnyard cleaned out just in time. I had 3 calves in 4 days. I wish the rest would keep coming, but it will be a while before the next ones. Then we have had melting weather and rain yesterday. Making for an icy mess. Now the weather is back to freezing again, then another big warm up this weekend. Will have to think about putting taps out. Put the sheeps out for the first time, in their pasture area. I got tired of hearing them complain about being in the barn. Well I think they were surprised at the deep snow. Ha They just stayed in one little area where I had put their hay. I had been letting them out to run around everyday, but that just was not good enough for them!
MIchele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  06:53:12 AM  Show Profile
Weather sure has not been our friend as of late - this is weared on all of us. Sarita I am so very sorry to read of you damage - I sure know what that feels like. I too have more repairs because of the last three months - getting to the point where it is I keep asking myself how much more God??

Michele we had two days of warmth and the huge snow started to melt - overflowed the pond and that night the temp dropped 40 degrees and now there is ice everywhere - makes chores harder then when it was big snow drifts. At least I keep reminding myself I do not have to drive with all the nutters in this mess. Accidents piled up with the black ice. So I spread poop and straw and try to be Graceful..

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  04:58:39 AM  Show Profile
Being Graceful on ice! Good luck with that. One thing the animals never tell on you! Barn lime works wonders on ice too.
There sure is alot of people with very little common sense anymore. That is what it seems like anyways.
Grace your batts and silk cocoons are beautiful.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  06:35:47 AM  Show Profile
Y'all make me feel bad about the great weather we have had here this winter. Too much rain though and way too mach mud. This week has been so nice. But not enough yet to dry up all the mud. I am so sorry for all the damage to some of your farms lately. We did have some tornadoes all around here but I live in a real tight valley so we get strong winds, that's about all right here. But a tornado did go up and on Lookout Mt. last April. Just 15 miles from my house. And then some more a few weeks ago.

A friend came over yesterday to shear the 3 wool sheep. I have sold Earl and he goes Monday so I wanted to get his wool. We did him first. No problem. He was a good boy. Then did the new momma Darla. She was good too. Then came Loco Lucinda, the crazy one. The one I got because of her beautiful dark brown fluffy wool. We had to catch her and put her up on the stand. That was fun. Julie had to change the blade 3 times on her. Her wool was so thickit was hard to cut through. And just as black as night underneath. She looks like a whole different ewe now. And like a Poodle with a horrible bad haircut. Poor thing. The others thought there were 2 new sheep in their lot. Took them awhile to figure it out. So that is done. And we trimmed all their hooves except Lucinda, who bolted as soon as she could. But herswere not near as bad as the 3 Katahdin. They must have bad feet, those sheep. Or hooves that grow really fast. And we are just dirt here. I was going to ask, since Lucinda is so black now, will her wool be black that will be growing out now? I know, dumb question. I guess it will be. But her brown wool is so pretty.

And I think I just have really fat sheep with udders. No lambs from those 3 Katahdin ewes yet. They are so big they waddle. But they must be just fat girls with no lambs. Lucinda has a little udder but if she is pregnant it will be a few more months yet.

And my Lamancha doe Abby had a single little doeling yesterday evening! Looks just like her daddy John Henry. So cute. I am so happy to get another girl from Abby. This will be her last kid. She is 12 years old now and I think I will retire her next year. She has THE best udder ever and I really love milking her because it is so perfect. SO I hope she has passed that on to her 2 daughters I am keeping. I will breed Zarah, her last year doe, either in a few months or in the fall. Not really sure. I want milk all year so it might be in a few months. I would like her a bit bigger. I have to milk Abby right away because her udder is SO big and with just a sinlge she gets too full. So I got a little over a half gallon bucket this morning.

Grace, you be careful out there on that ice. Be very Graceful, ok? Not much longer and the weather will be better.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  09:33:56 AM  Show Profile
Kris, your black ewe will stay black until the bleaches it out and then she is a brown ewe. If you put coats on her, she will stay black.

We shear on the 24th and start lambing in April. It is a good thing that we are lambing later. The west end of the barn got hit with the tornado type winds and repairs have not started yet. The cold wind from the northwest howls through the barn right now. I have spent so many hours in the old barn with lambing and calving that it saddens me to see the old barn in such bad shape but Danny tells me that it will be as good as new soon...hopefully before lambing.

I have spent the last few days down with another kidney infection. More test, more dollars, more down time. But I am trying to stay ahead of the game, looking for BFL breeding stock on the computer and phone. I am also studing the bloodlines and wool types of the bloodlines to make choices that will fit in with my ewes and ram that I already have.

Grace, it seems like your winter has hit early, hard, and hanging on. You would think you were in the tropics if you lived in Missouri. I just hope we get some good Spring rains for good hay and pasture.

I watch the map and there is always some moisture coming in up in Washington. I always wonder if Sheri and Jamie are getting rain or snow. The weather map showed green over us like we were getting heavy rains this morning but all we were getting was a sprinkle here and there.

Have a good day sheepy friends

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page