Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rae - I have a barn. Jami doesn't have a barn according to her post yesterday. We went a lot of years without one and I sure do appreciate the one I have. If you don't have one but can afford one I'd go for the barn. Mine is a large steel pole building with three bays. I store hay in the center section and have gates across each individual section. That way I can separate animals if I need to.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  12:41:40 PM  Show Profile
Oops once again Sheri you are right it is Jami. We have such cold weather here we will need to have shelters. We are scavengers and get what people don't want. We got enough tin for a garage roof and chicken house roof and still some for siding. People didn't need it anymore so.... works great for what we need and $$ sure is right!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  08:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I'm the little waif with no barn. We have shelters, built with cast-offs and a few purchased things but they are not a barn replacement. They work for wind if it's blowing the right way and to keep them dry but the whole flock doesn't fit in any one shelter. We just make do is all I can say. Sheep are tough for the most part and we don't lamb until spring although what good that does us is still out to the jury. The wind is usually blowing 100 mph around lambing time.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have a barn but my DH is quite, um, thrifty shall we say? And he cares not about aesthetics either. We all have our little frustrations in life. Our Mars/Venus way of seeing things related to the farm is my little frustration but I have to say he's out there jury-rigging helping me do everything so it's a trade-off and I can live with it most days.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jami - I know what you mean about the "help" - somehow temporary becomes permanent. I have a lot of that around here that I am now forced to deal with as the "less than perfect" fix is now coming unfixed. We did a lot of stuff on a non-existant budget and scrounged materials and now it has to be done right. It's all good - it got us through for a very long time. There is nothing wrong with "thrifty" - my husband was a make-do kind of guy and I wouldn't have this place paid for if he wasn't. I know what you mean about aesthetics - I don't think most men really care about that part. Gotta love 'em.

I am beginning to understand/sympathize with your wind - we have never had this much strong wind ever. Here it is today blowing again. Makes it so difficult to keep the garden and my potted plants wet enough. I've had to water every day which is unheard of this early in the season. I would like to have a day calm enough to skirt a fleece without chasing it across the yard!

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm off to water my potted plants again - I just watered them at 5:00 yesterday and here they are dry as a bone again and thats in water retaining potting soil.....

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  07:43:00 AM  Show Profile
Yep, the wind gets old, Sheri, so I understand how you feel. We've been having nice warm weather with a breeze. It's been what I would call perfect.

Thanks for sharing your farm experience, Sheri. It always is good to know how we all "got here".

I got a new keyboard last night as mine was biting the dust and this puppy is hard to get used to...and it's called a "lifetime" keyboard! With as much typing as I do they usually don't last that long and I wear off the print on certain keys. I might die trying to use this one...maybe that's what they mean by lifetime?

Rae, got to thinking about your concrete floors. Have a friend who built a straw bale house off grid here with concrete radiant heat floors. He painted those floors with some kind of acid and they turned out so pretty and kind of shiny, almost marble like.

Enjoy the watering Sheri. I'm off to try to make a new wrist rest for this keyboard if I can find some doll/teddy bear innard beads in my stash.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  08:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Ok this is the 3rd time I have typed this! Thanks Jami for the info will share it with hubby. Got some of the garden done and hopefully finish later. Was out this morning but had to come in and bake a cake as Brodie (our oldest) and his family are coming for dinner tonight.
One nice thing of the must do right now getting done here I get closer to having my sheep!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  4:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Rae I have seen programs on HGTV on different finishes for doing the concrete floors like Jami was talking about. With the finishes they were using it looked like tile or marble. You might try HGTV.com and look up finishing concrete floors and see what you find. I have concrete floors in my house and I have tile, hardwood and carpet over them. I look at them as a bonus - cool sink in the summer, heat sink in the winter. My house stays as cool as air conditioned in summer on the first floor. Hope your cake turned out good and you have fun with Brodie and his family.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  4:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Will check them all out. I like HGTV, especially Decorating Cents where they redo a room on $500 or less.
Kevin would like to put some wood flooring in which would be ok but that is not a priority (for him) at this time :-) Actually I can go along cause I want this farm up and running. Had a nice dinner with the kids. The little boys just love it out here, lots of space and they just play with sticks and whatever, the ole imagination.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  09:23:54 AM  Show Profile
I have had my grand daughter for a week, gardening, working wool, tending sheep and cows and I got behind with you gals. Sounds like the weather in Washington is just like it has been for a couple of months, windy....and I thought we lived on Windy Ridge! Sheri and Jami, are there lots of wind generators in your area? We have a few wind farms in Northern Missouri...in the northwest area. They are talking about putting some about 30-40 miles north of us.
My barn is a very old barn that keeps the animals out of the worse weather and I would love to have a nice big shed for my sheep...Not Happening! The vets that I have talked to, don't push having sheep in the barn much. It can be a big pool for bacteria, foot rot, worms etc. They advocate having them out on pasture as much as possible. I use my barn for lambing and then get them out to pasture.
Had a nice surprise while my 10 yr old granddaughter was here. You know I told you I was done lambing, well...I didn't think a little shetland ewe had been bred. She is almost a minature and stayed so tiny....she had been out with the other sheep grazing and when I got the sheep into the barn lot for the night, she went into labor and laid down and had a very tiny little ram and GD watched it all. We put mom and baby in a jug to let her bond with her lamb over night and Lexi was thrilled.
Lexi and I went out to Chinese on Thursday and we got chop stixs...well, I brought them home, took a pencil sharpener to one end, used sand paper to smooth them, then I took my clay and made tops for them....more knitting needles!
This afternoon, I have to put up the netting for the pole beans to grow up. I put in steel post the day that I planted them. Was going to buy chicken wire but decided that I will use cord tied to the post...cheaper and less problems storing in the winter. Looked at the price of the wire and thought...I could buy several green beans for what I would be spending.
Rae, concrete floors can be beautiful! Sounds like you are getting close to bringing those sheep home.
Sheri, will you have to continue to water all season? Jami, when you get your sheep barn, you will know exactly what you will need... I remember saving for my first horse walk in shed....that we built ourselves, good memories!
Need to take my cup of coffee and walk the garden...my morning ritual.
I am praying for everyone to have big barns filled with the fruits of your labors.
God Bless
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Contentment is the crown jewel of a happy life.

Edited by - Keeper of the Past on Jun 07 2009 09:28:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

FiddleChick
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  09:32:08 AM  Show Profile
I am skirting fleece today...whew is it dirty! I'm liking the idea of coats more and more. I'm taking the skirted stuff (the bad parts) and putting it in my garden for mulch. Has anyone tried that before? How did it work for you?

The Hunger Mountain Band: "Singing for someone's supper . . ." www.tradlassie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  10:02:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sarita I wondered what was up with you - glad to hear it was all good. Everyone has been so busy, haven't heard from Grace for a few days guess she's busy with the wedding?....I'll tell you what, this old girl is tired, too many long days working outside without a break. At least the weather has cooled off a bit but still windy. I had hoped we would get some rain but we only got a few sprinkles. I know my sheep are sure a lot happier with the cooler temps. All this wind is sending weed seeds into the veggie garden like I'd sowed grass or something - lots of baby weeds looking for their quick demise! Another day. Today I hope I'll get at least a little bit of a break. My son and his intended are coming to scrape paint on the sunny side of the house getting ready to paint so things will look spiffy for the wedding in Sept. Unless we get some rain, yes I will be watering all summer. We can get pretty hot here by the end of July (90's sometimes 100) but we are a low humidity area which makes it more bearable.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  3:30:42 PM  Show Profile
FiddleChick, I didn't have good luck using my tags and skirting in my garden...it didn't break down and so I buried it deeper...then when I was tilling the next year it would get up in my tines...I tried putting it around trees and in the garden for mulch...the wind and rain would blow the stuff on top and then the wool was all over the yard waiting to cause me grief in the mower blades or the tiller tines. This is not to say that I did it right but I sure gave it a try. If someone has had good luck with this, let me know how please.
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  8:50:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies - what a bumpy ride this week has been. Too many storms, hail and today there was 4 tornadoes out and about. Lost power on and off all this week including today. Phone lines down for many days, computer crashed and should I go on - NO.... I am just plain tired. My tomato plants are toast, the ground cherries I planted are buried down to china but the wedding flowers and their pots are safe. I had them sitting in the shop - so nothing could get to them.

When I had power I have been dyeing custom orders and a few wholesale orders. When I had no power I sat skeining, pricing and dong busy work. When the weather was safe I ran outside and tended to animals - this week has been ruff on the little one's - tons of eardrum breaking sounds and very wet ground. We made it thru like we always do - a little battered but still standing. I also this weekend have now my mother's dog (she was born on this farm many years ago) living with me and it has been another stresser. My Great Pry's and trying to hurt her, the goat's run from her and even my hen's attacked her - all in all a guess a typical week at the farm.

Not to sound grumpy but I think I will go to bed early tonight and hope for a calmer week - Oh, did I mention we are covered in Miller Moths - and very loud frogs - is this part of the Bible I have not covered???? Good night ladies and better tomorrow.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  04:00:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh Grace what a week is putting it very mildly. I won't even complain about our cold weather, still starting fires in wood stove at night in JUNE!! Oops well I did complain a little but ....My prayers are with you for better days and continued strength!!!
Take care
Rae

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  05:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Never worry Rae,

You go right ahead and complain - it is good to get things off our chest. I know what you mean about the cold nights in June - I slept in long johns for the past week - I turned off the furance about a month ago but this weather is just not going to let go. The one thing is I keep saying is any moisture will keep us from fire danage - for the past seven years we have had such draught that we have had to evacuate three times..

As the saying goes "Mother Nature always bats last and she sure has a big bat"

Stay safe everyone and watch those clouds.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  07:14:39 AM  Show Profile
Happy Monday girls. Let's hope this is a better week for you, Grace. And Sarita, happy to hear from you and know your GD got to see a surprise be born and bet she named that little cutie too?

We do have a large wind farm about 10 miles from our house. You can see the turbines if you drive down the road a ways but not from our place. Kinda nice not to see them actually. There is an expansion going on now there plus they are adding another wind farm to a different part of the valley.

I had a good weekend, busy. Wind blew so hard Saturday I stayed indoors. Put off laundry until Sunday so hung out 6 loads yesterday and blanched and froze more chopped spinach from the garden. My first harvesting of the year. The bees were mighty busy in my raspberry patch when I was cutting spinach...I love raspberries! They are 3 years old this year so hope to get a real nice harvest this year. Last year was okay but didn't get enough at one time to do much with besides eat off the vine.

Made new placemats Saturday. I'm in the sewing mode. Now I have a sheep wall hanging kit I'm working on. Carded some Texel batts and spinning them up as I go. That's my update.

This cooler weather we're having (60-70 degrees lately) sure keeps the sheep out eating. Hope the lambs are gaining well. We do booster shots and weigh again in 2 weeks. Our hay field is chest-high in some places, will cut this coming week if the weather holds sunny and dry.

Monday beckons. Have a good one until next time my sheepish friends.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  08:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Our cooler weather here is 50's if we are lucky!!! Supposed to get up into 60's and 70's as the week goes so sure hope so. My poor garden needs the heat. Getting it's rain today.
At least sheep won't overheat in this weather!!
Rae
No, still at my grandsons' but each day brings them closer to home :-)

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  09:01:16 AM  Show Profile
Grace it sounds like you've been having quite a time of things. Hope it all mellows out for you this week. We went from near 90's to low 60's over night and today rain which we despretely need. Had to re-plant a third of my green beans as something has been eating them. Par for the course. Looks like I will have a good strawberry crop coming if the birds leave them alone. I know what you mean about the wind Jami - same here. My sheep are happy campers with this cooler weather though. Sorry to hear your temps are still so cold, Rae. Hopefully it warms up soon for you. How cool for your GD, Sarita - that she got to see the unexpected birth. I'll bet he's a real cutie.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  1:11:39 PM  Show Profile
We had a stormy night with rain and some hail and lots of wind and today is cool and light breeze. It blew over the tomatoe cages last night and lots of leaves from the trees are on the ground. Is it me or is this weather crazy? One town west of here got hail the size of tennis balls and it lasted for over 20 minutes...lots of damage. I am thankful that it did not choose to do that here. I thought of you Grace.
Sheep are happy. Out in the cool weather grazing on the green grass. I don't weigh my lambs but they are really growing fast. I have a couple that are limping...hope it is not foot rot but we have had a very damp spring. I will trim hoofs and treat.
Girls, I am so tired that I am having trouble getting what I need to do done. Lambing season always takes it out of me, Ang's wedding, work, GD's visit, garden planting, Spring work, wool and the list goes on. Am I just getting older and slower or have I just became a complainer? I am just so thankful that I am busy and loving life.
Jami, what are your lambs weighing now? Some of my shetland crosses are now bigger than their mothers. The wool is looking great. Some of the lambs already have 2-3 inch wool and it is so light and fine. I am missing all the colors but I will get over it. 39 lambs now.
I need to get back to dusting and vacuuming. I put everything on hold while Lexi was here.
Rae, sounds like a bread making day at your house...I enjoy these cool days, don't you?
Sheri, hope your strawberry harvest is over the top this year. My patch was over 7 years old so I have to start all new plants this year. Jami, how many rasberry plants did you start at with? I put in 2 plants this year...wish I had picked up more now. I also put out 3 new blueberry plants. Saturday we picked the last of the lettuce and radishes. Got my first peas yesterday and beets will be ready to pickle this week. Tomatoes are blooming...love that composted sheep manure, don't you?
Good thoughts for a better week for all.
Sarita in Mo.

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  2:49:36 PM  Show Profile
Sarita I know what you mean about being tired I am right there with ya. I have been putting in 8 to 11 hrs a day outside in the gardens for nearly three weeks non stop. With this wedding going to be here on Sept. 5th the yards etc. have to be more spiffy than I'd usually be concerned with. That's not to say I don't like things neat and tidy but it doesn't run my life either. I like to have time for things like spinning and knitting and doing my art work. This is the time of year I like to work on dying my veneer for winter art - so much easier (less messy) to do outside. Glad to hear that you didn't get the harmful hail. We may get some thunder storms this afternoon so hopefully none of that here either. I need to get that major yard work buttoned up and back to sewing - lots to finish for this wedding. I feel in overwhelm a lot of the time but happy to be busy and have the physical ability to keep up with most of it. My son and his intended both graduate from college on the 18th and then the following weekend (the 27th) there will be a celebration (at her folks house) rather than try to have it on Father's day weekend when we have our local Pioneer Days Festival going on. Indeed busy!! Speaking of which I have two of the girls coming to measure for their dresses in a little while.....

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  10:55:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello to everyone,
I was posting was back a few months ago and now have re-read all the pages and decided to hop in again. I finally got my first lamb. She is a 10 week old merino. She is so cute. I had sold off some of my goats to make room for some angoras and sheep so I could have the fiber. So right now I only have the one nigora and the lambie pie. They are getting along really good. The goat was happy to have a new buddy. It has been about 2 weeks since she has been all alone and I could tell she was lonely. They are really cute together. next is my angora goats. I just am trying to get a small spinners flock going. so I won't be breeding anytime this year at all but so far so good. Boy grace I wished I lived closer to you so I could get one from you. If they are living till they are 17 you are doing a lot right to get them to that age. I sure am glad though that I live where I do cause to read about the weather some of you have such sounds awful to me. We just here have been able to plant without fear of frost but we don't have the winds or tornados. I am going to go watch that one video about skirting that was mentioned back on page 28 and start to learn more about taking care of the wool to wash it and get it to spinning. I want to do that eventually too. so hope everyone is well and I am just excited to be back reading this thread because it is very informative.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  11:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Beverley,
Your little merino lamb is an excellent start on a spinner's flock. She will give you some very fine yarn...soft. Good luck finding your angoras.
What part of Michigan do you live in, Beverley?

Sarita

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  06:40:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beverley

Great to hear that you have a sweetie pie at your place - Merino is a great wool - one that everyone knows - a little tricky when shiring because of their folds in the skin but just take your time.

Normally the weather here is really not that bad - I spoke with several folks like myself who have lived here their whole lives and we all agree that changes have been happening and they are not good. However, I am hereing that from folks in Montana, Alaska, Germany and all over. If folks do not believe we are screwing up our planet it is just because they are not tied to it like we are. Anyway, never fear I look at the weather as Mother Nature trying to get our attention.

I sure lucked out with the last hail storm but my oldest son's garden beds where not so lucky. He lives in Denver and just planted the flower beds and such for his wedding activities and now everything is toast. He did comment to me that now he knows how I felt when this happened to mine. I guess you never appreciate it until it is all your hard work and money gone in a single storm. He is a State Garden Champion six years running so he is great with plants but as he said when he got home from work he just sat out side and wanted to cry. I keep moving the wedding flowers (not potted yet) in and out of the house all day long because the weather changes so much - I am not having these flowers touched if I can help it.

Well, to the dye pots this morning and scraping the paint off the deck (what little is left after the storms) to get ready to paint it all over again. Just did it last year - I guess this is why for 11 years I never painted the decks. You ladies have a great day and keep an eye on the sky.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:43:35 PM  Show Profile
The guy who sold me the merino said there are 2 kinds one with all the folds and mine is the one that starts with a D and for the life of me right now I can't think of the name but anywho, I does not have all the fold in the skin only around the neck. so I am hoping it will be a bit easier. I was reading up on them before I got this one and the other kind has a really weird name. I will have to look them both up. anyway, she has such a cute face but they had already cut the tail so when she has babies they will get to keep theirs.. I do not like that practice at all. She also has a mother who was a natural colored one so I would really like to find a ram that is natural colored to see if I can get that color to come out as well. Her mom was a black with some brown on the face. really pretty. I have an angora breeder who is going to call me if her doe kids a doe this month so I can go and pick it up so I can bottle feed. I just love friendly aniamls. This lamb is starting to get a bit more friendly. My goat comes right up to me and since Mia my goat does then the little lambie pie is starting too also. So I hope I can get her to be my pal too. She is just to darn cute.!!!! I will take pictures tomorrow and post them.. Her cute little pink nose is just way to pretty...hehehehehe

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:16:14 PM  Show Profile
Maybe Delano? Or is it Delaino? I should get up and look it up but anyhow Beverley, congrats on your baby. Glad you got a buddy for the lamb and the goat both. They should not be alone...it's just not natural for them and they don't know how to act (like a sheep or a goat). You will have some nice wool soon and then how much fun you will have.

Sarita, lambs are anywhere from 40-84 pounds. That 40 pounder is a bottle baby who took a while to figure out the creep feed and the 84 pounder is a single out of a huge Coopworth ewe. Average weights were around 63 pounds overall on 52 lambs. It's been rather cool so I imagine they are gaining nicely still but I won't know for another 2 weeks. Today is the first day they've come in to rest during the day in a while. It's pleasantly warm today but you know how warm sheep get so easily. It's a fine for them.

We enlarged the spacing on the creep feeder and still some of the lambs can't fit through the bars. Hope to get a good load off to market second week of July and the rest in August before our pastures start drying out and they won't gain much anyhow August and beyond. It's so nice and green right now but soon we'll be out of water and it will turn yellow. I know in MO you get lots more rain than we do. I know it's a two-edged kind of deal, foot rot is harder to control but you have better feed for longer.

Oh, the raspberries - I planted 4 plants 3 seasons ago and this year they look really filled in and super! Think it's about a 12 foot long patch? I am now taking suckers and transplanting them to make another row of them and one will grow up the fence and the other has a trellis my DH built. Funny that the suckers will come up everywhere but you go and plant them somewhere and they try to die on you.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266

Edited by - Jami on Jun 09 2009 2:18:36 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page