Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  1:32:21 PM  Show Profile
In reply to Sheri's question---"Who ever heard of a car company not selling new replacement parts for their vehicles? " One that we won't remember the name of soon I hope (once you get yours taken care of)!!! Because they will out of business! Sheri, girl...shall we go back to horse and wagon? Lots more reliable and they have built in navigation systems and heated seats! Well, if you ride bareback anyhow.

Grace, I am grateful for good weather but it's going to turn tonight through Saturday to our notorious winds. Of course, only have 11 lambs on the ground with most of the girls still holding out on me too. They will wait until the barometer changes...my vet said there is something to that, the barometer for birthing. Not sure if I buy into it but I'm so tired I just would believe anything about right now. LOL.

Welcome Cindy and Lori...I missed you gals somewhere along the line. So glad you got some sheep (you should be miserable like the rest of us...just joking of course). But I think you all get my drift...glad you've joined us. I have friends who use donkeys are guard animals for their flock. Is that what you're doing too?

Sarita...you sound like a locomotive..no stopping you right now! Congrats on the lambs and calf and fleece off, etc. I have never tried selling fleece on Ebay. Maybe that's an idea, huh? I have some nice Coopworth fleeces from this year's shearing. I think about that tomorrow, said Scarlet "Jami".

Hang in there ya'll. I'm expecting company this afternoon and got the floors mopped and throw rugs washing so had best see if I can put this place back together before they arrive. Love having visitors..just kind of a messy house time of year for me and the washer going non-stop with towels and coveralls and lamb coats. I use the plug-in room fresheners this time of year in the house...otherwise it smells like Nutri-drench and lambs. You know THAT smell.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  7:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. Next chapter of the van saga: Finally got someone to talk to me at the dealership where the van was originally purchased. The general manager has been avoiding me for days. I finally got to talk to the business manager (who they told me didn't work there anymore on Monday) and laid a big accusation of fraud on him which scared him enough to say he'd pull my file and call me back. Lo and Behold he'd managed to get me an account# with corporate America who was talking to corporate Canada. He then tells me I should have called him in the first place and honey gets you further than vinegar. I told him, honey was two weeks ago and right now it's more like battery acid. Talked to corporate US who was very nice and she said I should have a yes or no decision by tomorrow. Whew...now let's hope they decide in my favor. Should be a lesson for anyone caught in the re-call issue. I truly sympathize with all Toyota owners if they are going through what I have.

I am waiting to hear from my shearers - hopefully I can get that scheduled and accomplished soon. I think I am ready to sit and spin and just unwind.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  02:03:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sheri I understand a lot of Toyota owners are going through nonsense but then they denied problems with their vehicles for years!!!! I also would contact the Better Business Bureau. I had to once and never saw action so fast in my life!!! Nothing worse than vehicle problems, we have had our share the last 6 months!!!

As I said before we are attempting our first shearing this year. We need to wait though until next month although has been warm here I just feel a little better come April. Of course that is now only a week away. Basil is growing so fast!! Those little ones just grow up too fast some days

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  09:29:00 AM  Show Profile
I wouldn't be surprised if I owned a Toyota but I don't. What amazes me is that this issue hasn't made the news as it is a common problem for this make of car. What disturbs me the most is that the dealers try to fain ignorance, as does the corporation, after it's been going on for more than 8 years, with several different models - not just the vans. I loved my van, never had a lick of trouble until without warning the transmission decided to break. In the year previous to mine, there was two class action law suits against the company over this issue and I never heard anything about it on the news. They have been flying under the radar. Whats worse is now these cars are being marketed to unsuspecting people as used cars by dealers. Their engines have a reputation for extreme longevity in the past so people don't hesitate to buy them not knowing of this chronic issue. I think in the end, it's going to take the customers to band together and protest this kind of corporate manipulation and deceit. We shouldn't have to deal with this in the first place. I am afraid that for now anyway, integrity in big business is a thing of the past.

I am still waiting for the corporate entity to decide whether they will cover this or not. Will let you know if anything happens.

Hope you all have a great day.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  09:56:44 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, I will be praying very hard that you will get a yes from them and that they will take care of the problem! Even if they say no I would still keep pushing on them! This sounds like something they ought to take care of!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  1:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Great news on the van...persistence and some bad___ farmgirl moxee sometimes can just move mountains. I loved your honey/battery acid comment Sheri. That's a typical man comment to a woman...you should have called me first...like he's your little knight in shining armor, if you only knew, right? Oh brother!!! I am laughing hard over that one. You'll be back on the road soon I am hoping.

Rae, tell me how shearing goes. I am not a good sheep shearer...even after I bought some nice hand-held shears from Premier. I now use them on the Pyr in the summer.

I have decided to start coating my Coopworth ewes. Did I tell you girls about this? I was going to make some more coats as there is a great outdoor fabric store in Seattle, but I found the coats out of the same fabric online cheaper than I can buy the fabric for! I am placing an order today as none of my Coops have lambed yet but I want to get their coats on as soon as they do. Anyone else coat their ewes to keep the fleeces nice? I swore I would never do it but now that I see the difference in the fleeces and VM I am going to give it a whirl.

Off to check behinds....slow but sure we are going to get this lambing thing done. About 1/4 of the way through the flock so far I think. They seem to enjoy the wee hours. I'm living on coffee and protein bars. : )

Happy trails. And Grace, the Southdown/Texel crosses are popping out, not one assist so far...and they are beautiful lambs, long and muscling up quick with the Texel cross. Hard to tell on wool quality just yet.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  6:25:13 PM  Show Profile
Jami I did cover my Southdown, Corriedales and a few of my crosses - the Icelandic's never. There is a great difference in fleece VM issues but I do have to say that those coats are a ton of work. I spent what seemed to be every waking moment, darning rips, getting legs, necks and butts unstuck from things, then there was the issue of some of the sheep found great pleasure on nibbling on the coats - nibbling my eye, eating, ripping and pulling the coats off the gals. However, if you had young children doing feeding (throwing the alfalfa on their backs, or sheep who liked nothing better then to roll in the feed then coats are a great investment.

I wished I could put a coat on Mishka - she has made a mess out of her fleece and so has Monica... They might be nesting material for the birds this year - we'll see when I sheer.

Another storm is coming in = the wind is just horrible. Not sure how much snow out of this one we are to get but I still have drifts to my thighs - is Spring coming???

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  6:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Grace, You must send Monica's fleece to me no matter what! I will buy it from you even if it does look like nesting material!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Mar 25 2010 6:57:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  3:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Well - Canada corporate says not enough evidence to support that it was their problem so not going to cover the van repair. The official replacement part plus the required computer module is going to run around $5,000!! And....they will sell me the part but they wont give me any guarenty because I have a Canada issue van and the part is sold by vin#. It just goes on and on and on. I e-mailed 20/20 - I hope they will pick up this story because there were lots of these vans imported that year because corporate US couldn't keep up with the demand. Just thought I'd give you all an update.

I hope all is well with everyone and new babies all healthy. How's the house coming Monica? Any moving date yet?

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  4:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Well, we did our first shearing yesterday! What a wild ride. A gentleman down the road that has raised meat sheep (dk what kind) for 40 some-odd years, came and taught my husband how. Hubby has some experience with a pair of livestock clippers, so it wasn't totally new. Well, needless to say, it was no picnic. The first drop of blood brought tears to our eyes and lots of hugs for the ewe. He managed to get 6 total done before his back gave out. He did a pretty good job, considering it was his first time, but we were both on pins and needles the entire time, scared to death of cutting them. A few did get nicks, no matter how careful he was. I guess we are too tenderhearted. We have the number of a professional shearer, so we are going to get him to do the rest when he is on his way through here sometime. Nobody ended up anything worse than one of my boys get when they take a tumble, but we just can't bring ourselves to do anymore. Hubby sure is walking funny today, too.

Sheri, what a mess over your vehicle! I cannot imagine the greif you are dealing with. And it isn't like a broken toaster, that when you get tired of arguing, you give up and get another. Geesh. What has happened to customer service and common sense in the business world?

Yes, Jami, we are using the donkeys as guard animals. We just got a sweet little yearling male on Monday because Isabella seemed really lonely. She brays at us everytime she catches us outside because she wants a treat. The little boy is darling, and since my husband is a HUGE Lonesome Dove fan, the baby is now named Augustus, Gus for short.

Saw the funniest thing today. The Boer goats belong to Avery, my 9 year old son. The only boy, 9 month old Oscar, a gelding, is his favorite. He keeps telling me he is going to the pasture to play with Oscar, and I thought he was just petting and talking to him. I sat on the porch and watched this morning. Avery would run and chase Oscar, then turn and Oscar would chase him. We have a galvanized oval watering trough that was used for the heifers (too tall for the goats), so it is turned upside down so rain and skeeters don't collect. Avery jumps on it, then Oscar, and shoves Avery off with his head, then Avery jumps on and shoves Oscar off with his head. Then they chase and the whole thing starts over. I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I just love it that my children are growing up with farm animals!

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com

Edited by - lsarah on Mar 26 2010 4:06:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  12:51:00 PM  Show Profile
That is a funny story - don't you just love kids with goats??? I have a billy named Avery - he loves to talk to me everytime he see's me.

Hope everyone is doing well today - we had another storm hit us last night - dropped about 9 inches but the wind was so bad you could not see your hand infront of yourself. I hope the wind will stop by this evening. Then they say we might hit 70 by Wednesday - got to love Colorado....

How are the boxes going?? I have been dreaming of them.

sorry to hear that the van problems are not going in the right direction - I keep hoping they will see the light soon. I still have hopes..

Well, back to the picker - just finished drying some kid mohair - it is from my sweet Rafel - dyeing the fleeces seven differnt shades of Roses... If I can't have spring I will make Spring.. Stay warm and dry everyone.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  1:29:49 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear you are still in the throes of winter, Grace. Thanks for the good wishes on my van situation. It should be repaired by the end of the week, God willing and the river don't rise....I feel like I am living in the twilight zone. I have two of the boxes completed and still have the lining to put in the largest one (the one with the bird) I hope to finish it tomorrow - I have seriously been on the phone for a week trying to sort out this mess so today I am totally drained. Been transplanting a few seedlings, kissing sheep noses and watching GI Jane (for inspiration on staying tough). My dog isn't speaking to me because he hasn't been able to ride out for the mail for almost a month - his favorite pass time. He knows what time the mail comes and even knows if you say m-a-i-l what you mean. He's been sulking. Sure loved the colors you had blended on your carder on your blog - That sea green is one of my favorite colors. Doesn't look like I'll be able to afford anything extra for awhile though. One of these days I'm going to jump in and try my hand at dying my own.

Love the story of the kids and goats. Sheep do get nicked from time to time no matter how careful the shearer is. I wouldn't want to do it myself. If I did I'd probably wouldn't be able to move for a week! I do admire those that do though.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  3:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!! Well believe it or not we already had a burning ban here!! Crazy! Today was lifted cause it drizzled last night and today so hubby and brother are headed out to burn about 30 acres so we can turn it over and do something with it. Neighbor is going to burn as well tonight so good night for it I guess.

Sampson tried to escape today when we were bringing a bail in but Penny chased him right back in!!! Then proceeded to try play with Basil and then of course check out the gourmet meal of sheep poop

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  4:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - hope your Sunday is a great one. After the huge blizzrd Saturday we now have 57 degrees - got to love Colorado weather or at least put up with it.

The goat kids could not go far today because of the three foot high drifts right outside their barn doors so I shoveled a path so they could come out and play - what a sight - pure joy.

Rae it sould like fun times of the farm for your sweet ones. I hope that your weather will not be so dry your way. I will be swimming again this week - mud and standing water. Too bad it wont be that way in a months time.

Sheri I am glad to hear that your van will soon be repaired - it is amazing how much time a problem such as that will drain from your life but you got to do what you got to do. GI Jane - not heard of it but whatever it takes to get us thru - you are stronger then you give yourself credit for...

I on the other hand have been watching while doing computer and paperwork - the Candy Man Movies - all three of them.. No accounting for taste I know but I have not watched them in a while. Just background noise to me.

Well, hope everyone has a great night and let us know if new babies arrive. Mine are growing like weeds and I hope to get new pictures taken very soon.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  5:43:11 PM  Show Profile
I know I am missing a bunch of stuff in the posts! I guess I should not try to read when I am tired!

Sheri, I just caught that you are getting your van fixed! Did the company finally take care of it? I hope so!

Rae, We need more pics!!!

Grace, You sure are having crazy weather!

Lori, Sounds like Avery and Oscar are having a great time together!!

Things around here have been very busy! The kids are finally getting into the grove with school! Praise God!! It only took 6 months to get them to cooperate with me! In the afternoon I have been taking Gary lunch and then staying to help on the house! We are usually there till about 6 p.m. and then I get to come home and fix dinner and clean up! Today Gary came home early so I ended up washing the rest of the laundry instead of going over there! I lost count after 6 loads! I am also trying to get more stuff on etsy and get a video done for the wool combs I am making! I am so worn out right now that I could fall asleep typing! After dinner I am going to sit and play with some wool! I am still trying to get more stuff moving on etsy so that I don't have as much to move! I do have a lady coming over Wednesday to pick up donations for a rummage sale that the Boy Scouts are doing in May! I have a ton of stuff to give her and I will be so happy to get rid of it! I can't wait to get moved! The first night there, I am going to enjoy and nice bubble bath and I am not getting out till the water is cold!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  07:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Monica it sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends - make sure you take care of yourself - we all forget to do that!!

I am excited to see the video on the combs - just hope it is not on YouTube because my computer does not like YouTube... How much longer will it be before you will be in that tub?? Last night I had to be in the tub because of every inch of this old gal was screaming - I sat till the weather was cold then I stood there in front of the space heater trying to warm up.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  10:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I figured it won't be forever and then I can take a good long nap! I am not sure how much longer it will be before we get moved in! It's getting much closer though! When i get the video done, I will try to e-mail it to you and hopefully you can see it! Well I am off to do more school with the kids!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  08:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Just touching base - no new babies I think I am done - the girls all look like they are ready for Spring, that means for now trying to walk thru the mud that the last snow storm has dumped and seeing the tiny hint of green grass growning.

Hard to believe that in a weeks time I will be 51 years young. I must admit this winter my bones are telling me of all the wear but still here and that's what counts. This got me thinking what is on your Bucket List?? I just watched the movie and realized I had done most on my list so it is time to add to it. Need some ideas got any???

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:02:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh that bubble bath sounds pretty nice, Monica. That might be on my bucket list, Grace. : ) It's been a long while!

Sheri, I'm disappointed on hearing your van news. I am like Lori, gotta wonder how a company stays in business in this world economy. Ya know? I mean, Toyota is kissing up big-time with their US buyers even though they are a non-USA company. It's smart business to keep your customers happy. But pulling $5,000 out of your hat is probably going to not be easy. Go GI Sheri! If 20/20 doesn't pick this story up even the local news would help to spread the word about this company.

Grace, I have weighed the ups and downs of the coating idea..I'm going to give it another go and just see how it works. I can imagine it might be a challenge and I will most likely remove them while the girls are out on pasture but once we start feeding again, I hope to put them back on.

Up most of last night with a HUGE ewe lamb that we had to pull so hard to get born...heard a pop and I'm sure we either broke something or pulled a vertebra or a joint out of whack. She would not walk for the first 8-9 hours and I had to milk the ewe, bottle feed her and do physical therapy on her and keep her warm under the heat lamp on my lap. Mama wasn't happy that I was interfering so much but her pawing at the poor thing wasn't doing much good in getting her up. She's up today but still a bit wobbly. Can't figure out if she's got a broken hind leg or if the issue is in her back. She shakes her tail real hard, cries out and is wobbly on her back legs. Last night she had shivers real hard in the back end not just from the cold. She is doing better and their bones do heal up quickly when so young so I think she's going to okay. She still can't nurse off the mom because mom is so busy licking her to pieces she won't stand still for the wobbly girl to hold on. Sheesh.

Well, I am expecting a visit from a sheep friend to come take a look at the lambs so off I go. Have a great Tuesday girls and happy birthday Grace. You're about 9 months ahead of me I think. : )

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jami - birthday is not till the 10th of April but I thank you for the well wishes. Does anyone have birthday traditions??

Sounds like a trying time in the barn for you - I agree bones heal quickly at this age - the shivering in the back in thou sounds more like a spine or hip issue. I know when you have to pull those big kids you have to use force otherwise they just will not come out. Mom is just saying that there is an issue with all the licking - she is trying to right the wrong. If she crys when her tail goes then it is not broken bones. I know you will take good care of her - watch to see if her rump drops any - that will give you information on spinal damage. I wish the little one all the best and a big hug to you for your wonderful care to your charges.

I treated myself to a new spinning book for a birthday present - I give such great gifts.. I will also make my favorite Angle Food Cake with Seven Minute Frosting. We are guessing that by the time my birthday is here the baby should have been here for a week so plans are still up in the air as to what will be going on but if nothing else I love just spending time with my four legged sweet ones. Maybe I will just sit and spin all day - that is perfection to me.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello to all. Sounds like you have been having some trying times, Jami. Hope everything comes out ok with the lamb.

Happy early Birthday, Grace. If I don't say it now, I'll forget!! Angel cake is my favorite too.

Glad to hear the house is getting closer to being finished, Monica. Sounds like your etsy is doing well.

Do you have a new grandbaby yet, Rae?

I got to sit and spin all afternoon yesterday (guilt free) due to a power outage caused by some really high winds that lasted about 3 hrs. That's one good thing about spinning it doesn't require electricity. It felt great to just relax. Spinning is such a self centering activity. It's one of the things I love about it the most. It's almost like meditation.

Finally heard back from the shearers so will be shearing on the 6th. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Today I'm still spinning and putting around. Tomorrow I start the push to get ready for Easter Dinner with 16 - 18 guests. Hope everyone has a great day.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:43:39 PM  Show Profile
YES!! I have a new grand daughter born at 12:06 this afternoon! Her name is Lillian Paige and she is beautiful, but then I don't have ugly grandkids She weighs 8 lbs 6 oz and 20 1/2 in long. Both her and Mom are doing great! I was in delivery room with her and her hubby! Gave them lots of space as that is their baby but was awesome and yes Grandma did shed a tear or two.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:45:04 PM  Show Profile
Sheri I with you - spinning is like breathing to me - I just sat for two hours and spun some new roving I purchased to see what others are making. Watched the Twilight movie while spinning but not sure what all the fuss was about. Thank you for the early wishes. Shearing on the 6th I wish you great luck - I plucked one of the cashmere goats the other day - still have to wash it. I need by boys to do the big boys - they have seven to eight inch long staple lengths so my hands will sure get a work out...

If your in my neck of the woods the weekend on the 10th your welcome to stop in for a big slice of Angle Food Cake - that goes for any of you gals - heck, I'll even make two!

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls. All is well and I agree with you Grace that it's most likely a spinal compression or pinch or something. Got "Winnie" eating off of her mom now and rather greedily at that. She is beginning to walk more and more and she shakes like a dog a lot, which most lambs do after eating but it's almost like she's tingling or something which could be a pinched nerve in her spine? Oh well, whatever it is, she is improved dramatically and I think she's going to be fine in a couple more days. When I see her with springs for legs I'll know she can go out. Her mother has been a real sweetheart to work with and around and I'm rather shocked. She's always been rather, well, a witchy sort of girl...to fit in with your Twilight theme, Grace. I have not seen any of those movies nor read the books.

I haven't spun all winter but I've been sewing like a mad woman and knitting too. I am working on a brimmed pieced hat kind of baseball hat style but not as large a brim of course. It's really cute if I do say so myself. I hope to actually wear it not just on the farm but when I go to town. We'll see if I have the nerve.

Also met up with a sheep friend today and we have decided to try selling our wool wares at the farmer's market. Wish us luck!

Enjoy your birthday planning Grace and Sheri, glad you got some truly relaxing time. It's like God said "you have no other choice if I turn off the power!" Right? Nothing like hitting you over the head with it. : )

Rae, congratulations on your new bundle of joy. I am so happy for you and your family! How sweet you were there! Hugs Grammy.

Over and out for now girls. Got to get to that hat...it's knitting time (said like it's Miller time)!

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:28:28 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I hope that you have the best birthday!! Olivia's birthday is the 12th and she will be 5! She has already told me 100 times that she wants a green cake with a frog on it! she is obsessed with green! One of the things on my list would be to come visit you and the kids and actually see my sweet Monica in person!! I have to say that I do not have much interest in seeing Twilight!

Jami, I will be praying that all is well with the lamb!! I will surely be praying that you do well at the farmers market!

Sheri, I decided that I am determined to move into that house and settle in at least for a while! I would love to have some time to sit and spin!

Rae, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! PLEASE send me pics and I will post them for you!!! We have to see a pic!!!I am so excited for you and mom and dad!! What a beautiful name!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Mar 30 2010 7:29:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page