grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  8:21:18 PM  Show Profile
CONGRAT'S Rae on the birth of your grand daughter - Give everyone a hug from this soon to be first time grandmother...

Glad to hear Jami that the little one is nursing and that Mom is working with you to get that lamb up and running. You are a great two legged mommy - more on the way I guess???

Monica I am with you I did not have much interest in those movies but I get a lot of customers who talk about the style of clothing, colors or should I say lack of - so in order to understand that generation of customers I thought I would rent them. Not my cup of tea but at least I can now talk without giving that blank look.. My Olivia is growning by leaps and bounds - she gives me the cutest looks like she is hanging on every word I stay but really I know she is just wanting me to grab her mother and make her nurse them.. Give Olivia and big hug from me. I will try to get a better picture of my Olivia to send you soon.

Well, back to spinning - I have almost finished this order and then I move on to the next. Have a wonderful night ladies and kiss all the kids - two and four legged for me.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  9:40:40 PM  Show Profile
As i read the posts, as always, my sheppard and spinning buds are busy, busy!
Congratulations on your new blessing Rae, so glad that mom and babe are doing well!
Sheri, glad you have been spinning, my favorite time to spin in during a storm. Go figure!
Happy early birthday Grace. You sound like you are about through with the new babes...and waiting on the new grandbaby. What a winter you have had!
Jami, I would love to see a pic of your new hat when you are done. Are the ewes getting on with business and having those babies? About done yet!!!!???? hehe! i hope you sell all your wool, cause the ladies are growing more as we speak.
Monica, hope you get to move in soon. Let me know how I can watch your video.
Well, the wind blew like a manche today but we hit 70....yipeeeeee! Some of the mud even dried today and we are looking for another day like it tomorrow. I have been washing fleeces like you would not believe and sold some on Ebay. Box it up and move it out! What I put on that doesn't sell and if it doesn't sell locally, I will send off and have it processed.
Lambing is going good so far. Minnie Pearl is eating like a little pig...she is the baby that her mother wouldn't claim...I think she thought she was after birth. She is now as big as a shetland newborn.
Sadie and Lady have taken to the new babies...I worried that they would think they might not behave themselves with the tiny lambs.
We are getting a visit from my new grandson over EAster...yuhoo, Nana can't wait to get hold of the big boy. He weighs 10 lbs more than when I last saw him.
Things are still in a turmoil at work. Job cuts, budget cuts, anger flaring sometimes, hurt feelings, even though I am not in it, I look forward to getting home and messing with the wool, the sheep, and sitting on a wooden crate and drinking a hot cup of coffee with my hubby.
As I carried a new lamb nimbling at my neck as I crossed the pasture to the barn, I thought to myself, hope God lets me be a sheppard in heaven and earth has just been a training ground.
Good night ladies, God bless and keep you all safe, healthy, wealthy, and happy.
Over and out from the Spinning C!

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Laugh often, long and loud.
Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh,
spend lots and lots of time with them.
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Happy Wednesday girls. Well, just about right at bedtime last night, per the norm lately, had a nice set of twins so slow but sure we are getting through the flock but gosh, it's been an odd year. No huge issues or anything besides one that died quick after birth and no known reason and that hard pull (named her "Winnie") who is doing great now, but the Southdown ram's girls are almost finished and the other rams that didn't have as many ewes (but were all virgin rams) are sloooow. The girls are all pregnant for sure. We won't hit the 60 mark I was hoping for but I hope we'll be close. Had a few more singles than I'd like so far.

My one compliant I have is the crummo straw we bought last year (which we just finished using up) has given us all kinds of eye issues with the lambs just like it did last year. Not in the jugs but once they get in the blending pen where the wind is blowing around. Grrrr. Bought some expensive bales at the feed store just to finish out our season and it is lovely stuff and makes all the difference. I have griped so much about it, hopefully hubby will be pickier next time he gets a load. Of course he didn't know about this chopped version straw until he opened a bale of it so not his fault to begin with as we've bought from the same guy for years...why did he change the way he put it up? No clue. The squeaky wheel is what I've been about this issue! Plus, I hold the lambs while he fixes up the eyes and he's getting tired of me asking for assistance.

Sounds like we are all having a good week. Glad for it. Sarita, sorry about work. It makes the day last longer for sure with tension and high emotions running amuck. Glad you're selling the fleeces. I still have not yet gone to your store on Ebay and I need to!

Good idea on keeping current Grace...it seems those trends kind of dictate what some folks buy so it's good to be in the know. I like the way you do research!

Got a few more sections to work on the hat and then stitch it all together, then will post some pics.

Happy trails to each of you this fine day!

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:54:55 AM  Show Profile
Hope everyone is having a good morning!

Sarita, I hope things calm down at school!! Glad to hear you are having nice weather! I wish I had some spending $$ right now! I would love to get some fleece from you!

Jami, Sorry to hear about the straw! It's such a pain when you count on something and it's not the same!

It amazes me sometimes at what spinners seem to want! Some of the newer knitting books are very wild art batts yarn styles! I still cant' get into it no matter how hard I try! I did mark down some of my prices on etsy! I am still trying to get prices down on the batts, but I have decided to go with my own gut instinct on them because there are a lot of things I see on etsy that are nice but too expensive to me! I would rather sell more at a lower price than selling less at a higher price! I really don't have the heart to keep up with the competition when I think the prices are too high!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  1:08:13 PM  Show Profile
It looks like there is a new house plan!! Gary's boss is stressing over the house so they are going to take a break on it so Gary can work on some other stuff and temporarily we are going to move into the motor home that we have by the house! This is going to be very interesting, but the one great thing is that it will honestly take a lot of stress off of us because Steve will be happy and we will be out of the house we are in now! I just need to figure out what to do with all my stuff! Maybe I will make a lot of wool pillows for the motor home!!! What an adventure this will be!! At least it's the right time of year so that we can be outside and not all just crammed in the motor home all day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  2:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Monica, can you store your stuff in the garage at the new house? You sound relieved so I am happy for the progress you're making. Maybe if you're right there onsite you guys can get more work done in little bits and pieces instead of time away from the family for your hubby?

Guess I'd like to know what you're talking about with the artsy batts, the ones with glitzy strands of fluff and stuff like that mixed in? That is what we learned to do at the Lexie (gosh, can't remember her last name now!) workshop I went to last year. It was fun to learn the techniques but I haven't done any since I got back home. Like I said, I've been sewing. I also have been making samples of our scarf pattern and making knit kits to sell at the farmer's market and at a few little gift shops in town. I need a sample for each place so lots to knit up.

I have a young ewe in semi-labor out there. All day she's been uncomfortable but no signs of real labor yet so I am trying to hang back and let her be. Hopefully she doesn't have a tail-first lamb in there which can be the case if there is no signs of impending labor. She's a first timer so I think she's just not sure of what is going on. Catching her will be a trick. She's a wild child. Think I'll get out there and see what I can do to assess her.

Catch up later with you girls.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  2:55:51 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful, Rae (or should I say Grandma) - welcome to Lillian Paige. Glad to hear that mother and child are both doing well. How exciting - I love to cuddle with newborns.

I haven't read or watched the Twilight series yet although several people said I would like it. I know it's sure made a tourist attraction of the small town it's supposed to be set in in WA state. Maybe one of these days.

Glad to hear things are drying out and warming up out your way, Sarita. It's been a long winter for a lot of folks. Hope things smooth out at work as well.

Sorry to hear about your straw situation, Jami - there is nothing like a problem that shouldn't have been one in the first place to stress ones day. Glad to hear that Winnie is doing better.

What an adventure Monica - motorhome living with kids. Can you rent a storage unit or pod in the interim? Did you get your comb video finished? I'd like to see it when it's finished.

Looks like I may get my car back tomorrow afternoon or early the next day. I will know more about noon tomorrow. I will be glad to be mobile again. Perhaps my stress levels will come down a bit. I still intend to press things with the dealership that sold me the car though. It's not just the money, it's a matter of principal and integrity. If someone doesn't confront it it will continue to happen to others because they will think they can get away with it. Guess it's just my turn in the bucket....

What are you all doing for Easter this year, anything special?

Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  5:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Sheri remember to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, good thing for others to know.

Momma and baby are home already! Can't wait until Saturday when I see them again. Our son always has Easter the day before so that is nice for me, no work

Really dried up here and in fact burning permits are restricted now. Suppose to rain a bit starting tomorrow through weekend. Will see, hate to have it rain on my days off but we really do need it.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  5:39:25 PM  Show Profile
Jami, There's no garage!! Most places here in the desert don't have garages! It is a relief! Not sure how we are going to pull it off, but a lot of pressure off our shoulders!

Sheri, We will have one place to store some stuff, but I still need to get rid of a bunch of stuff and get creative! I am going to do the video tonight after dinner!! I will let you know as soon as I get it done!

Rae, Glad to hear that mom and baby are home! We still need pics! Please!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  6:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Okay can we change the name of the thread to "All Things Sheep, Goats and Chickens!! We are going to get chickens once we get settled in! I am so excited, but I don't have a clue!! Yippee and heeeelllpppp!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:49:04 PM  Show Profile
WOW, sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy - where to start.
Monica of course we can talk chickens - love them. I keep slapping my hands not to get some chicks. Well, at least you have a plan now and that will help you move forward. I know that sometimes the worst is that sitting on the fence thing - that is where I really lose it.
I will be with you in spirit since I can not get you guys to move to Colorado.

Rae sounds like you will have a great Easter. We are still waiting on our bundle - they had their Doctors appointment and today was to be her due date - I still say if will be the 4th... Anyway no baby and they are getting antsy- I keep saying that as long as there is no problem with her or the baby it is better to just relax and wait.

As for my plans for Easter there are none - I want the kids to just relax, my youngest has a new job so he and his girlfriend are going to the mountains to camp and celebrate - I will be watching the 10 commandents - been doing so every since it has been aired. This year I keep telling everyone make no plans so we can deal with whatever happens without stress.

Good luck on the newby mom - those can be a bit of work because they don't know what their doing and you hate to get in there before you have to but you are a great barn assistant - I know you will know what to do. I completely understand about the straw issue - I hate that.. I had to purchase some compressed hay - nothing around right now - those suckers weight is 90 to 98 lbs so back breaking is not the word. Then I cut one open and it is dust - I was so mad that I think you could hear me cuss in the next county. Called the feed store and ranted but of course they will not take them back. They had one cut open and it was not the crap I got. So now in this huge wind I am suppose to feed dust. So I am right there with you on this Jami..

Sheri I with you - the principle of the thing is it seems like folks get away with no morals anymore. Those of us who could never act that way must stand up and speak out - our society seems to reward bad, big business and so it just keeps growing. I am thankful that you will have transportation again and that life will not be just tangled around this mess.

As for the fiber batt thing - Monica I am with you - you have to be true to yourself first. I agree some of the prices for those batts are just unbelieveable and so not worth it but again I would never pay $600.00 for a pair of shoes I can't walk in but folks do all the time. One thing I have learned after doing the fiber business for the past 14 years is you must know what is out there so you can stay current - that does not mean you have to sell out but in business you have to know your competition. I do have some great PBS murder mysteries coming in the mail soon - so no more teen movies for a bit. Your kits sound interesting Jami - When you get a chance will you be placing some on line to sell?? I finished another round of my seed journals that I have sold in several local shops - I might place some on Etsy too. They are great Mothers Day Gifts and also for seed saver groups. Last year I sold about 150 of them - I do not know about you gals but when you have to make something over and over I lose interest. Even thou each of them are different it is the process that I lose my mind with.

Better get back to work - I have invoice paper to stamp and bookmarks to make. I am trying to think of a new little gift to tuck in with my customers purchase - any thoughts?? My gray cells are running on empty.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  9:02:37 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I don't want to sell my items for too little, but I know what I have paid and my time and I just decided to lower some of my prices! I know some people will pay a fortune for somethings, but I can't justify charging more than what I think is a fair price even if everyone else is charging double! I would much rather have a reputation of having a quality product at a great price and as you said be true to myself!!! Most of my shoes are from the thrift store! The seed journals sound really neat! I am the same way when I have to make something over and over again!

Jami, Yes, the art batts are the ones that bits of threads and what not in them. They are also usually carded once with nepps in them for texture!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  04:56:27 AM  Show Profile
Monica I understand the price thing as I do the same with everything I sell here.

Oh Grace we do the Ten Commandments as well, love that movie. Jesus of Nazareth is good as well. Prayers out for new baby, parents and of course Grandma. That has to be one of God's greatest miracles of all time

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  07:50:35 AM  Show Profile
Pricing is the hardest part next to getting the items on line. I have tons of books that give you all these formulas, trends, markets and so on and I still do not understand why folks love to purchase over priced things. I agree I only cover my costs and then add a tiny profit because I too would rather have a repeat customer then a one time shot. Just wondering if you gals have any new trends that you are excited about?? How do you make decissions on adding new things to your business?? What new venues are you might considering for the sale of your fiber. I have done the fiber shows for many years, farmers market, retail stores, on line stores but I am wishing to think out of the box more but I must admit my brain of late is feeling more like mush. I would rather spend more time creating then continually working all the business side.... Is that just me??

Have a happy and creative day - I have been battling again horrible wind and we are to get another storm blow in this afternoon.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  09:32:21 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I am with you all the way! It really amazes me at the prices of some things! I have seen Lincoln wool locks that were just the same as mine fro up to $10.00 and ounce and they were not for doll hair or anything it was just a 1 ounce pile! I did mark somethings down on my site because it just kept bugging me too much! I think I am going to have to come up with my own formula. I did figure the other day that even if I mark up the price I paid per pound 10 times it would still make the wool $3.75 an ounce. Maybe I am just too thrifty because I see people going nuts over some stores and yet to me the prices are too high! The one thing that gets me is the cost of shipping! I was looking at some green roving from the sheep shed studio and it was really pretty! It was $15.00 a pound which didn't seem to bad but then it was $10.00 shipping and I can't bring myself to pay $25.00 for a pound of wool. I would rather pay $6.00 for a jar of dye or mix colors I already have and dye it myself! I am not sure where else to sell my fiber at! I am thinking of starting my own web site later. It cost $15.00 a year. I would absolutely rather spend more time creating than doing the business side! I did just buy some of the plastic mailing envelopes which I am excited to get because they will be a ton cheaper than the brown envelopes and they are supposed to be stronger! Stay warm!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  9:22:42 PM  Show Profile
I finally got my video done for the combs! It's on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O9qZr5L7co Let me know what you think!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  04:29:10 AM  Show Profile
I am right there with you guys on the pricing issue. I have been in crafting for years, and pricing is such a fine line to walk. I used to make art wall quilts for an art store several states over. She would buy everything I would make, which was wonderful. I began charging a set amount per square foot to keep the prices consistent, but even then, a 9 inch square quilt takes a long time and is worth more than the formula would equate it to be worth.

Since I am new to the fiber business, I, too am struggling with pricing. I have to make something for my time, but I want repeat customers. I keep asking myself "Would I pay that much for the item?" I also want to branch out more than my etsy store. My husband has offered to take me to fiber festivals, but we both work full time, and living in Arkansas, most are a pretty good drive from here. I am signed up to do one in state in December and have applied for one in Tulsa, but the next nearest one is 9 hours away. Lots of overhead to consider in gas and lodging before a cent is even made. I love what I am doing, I just can't afford to make many costly mistakes!

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  10:35:35 AM  Show Profile
Your right Lori, fees, gas, lodging, food, displays and such really add up. Over the years I always made a great profit but the work when it is just myself now means I also have to hire someone to watch the farm and care for the animals - those folks are far between and do not come cheap. Then you really need another person to work the booth with you are larte shows and most of my fiber friends are burnt out. So even thou I still get offers to do the big shows it just does not work for me. I also did the farmer's market but trust me after four years of getting up at 2 am, doing all the chores, getting the truck and trailer on the road, arriving at 5 am to set up in the dark and then be ready for grumpy non morning folks who all want to come to the farm but I always say to them but I am here not there right now, then after a full long day, pack up and drive home. If you do more then one farmers market like we did well you get the point. Mean while I am also to get all the products made, animals and farm taken care of and at some point maybe sleep. I guess I worked so hard for so many years at this I really want to find me a different way. Now, that does not mean it is not worth the work - I love it but again with only one person it is impossible to keep that pace.

Maybe I need to go and eat a piece of chocolate and calm down...
The wind is starting to dye down - have power out on and off all day yesterday and last night. Finally looked around the farm and will be hammering back on some sideing on the tool shed, I picked up all the shingles I could find so that will be a project for my oldest - High Ladder work I can not do. So enough of this - I better get to work.

Have a wonderful day ladies and keep those bonnets tight on the head - wind might be coming your way.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  1:30:57 PM  Show Profile
A very Blessed Easter to each and everyone of you

We are finally getting some rain, we really really need it. I hate to see it on my days off but it is a blessing at this point. Grace you sure have had the weather this year!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  08:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Great News Rae - Rain!!!

We are having the winds again - I can not even call them winds because as they rip thru "wind" just sounds like a gentle nice thing and these aren't them. This morning it picked up my large dog house and moved it about 100 yards. Luckly, Kasha was not near it. She decided to dig a huge hole in the yard to get out of the wind - so guess what I will be doing when the "Wind" dies down, filling up the hole.

Hope everyone's plans for the weekend are wonderful - we are still on baby (Human) hold - you know the moment I start cleaning the barns or some such messy work I will get the call. Oh well, this morning I treated myself to an hour of spinning because I really need to do something for Grace - feeling way out of sorts because of the wind. This fire sign does not do well in wind...

Have a calm and peaceful day ladies.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  8:09:42 PM  Show Profile
Rae, Glad to hear that you are getting some much needed rain!

Grace, I will be praying that you don't blow away!! Any new baby news yet???????

Happy Easter to everyone! I pray that you all have a wonderful day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  06:28:51 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter Everyone

As I write this email this morning the winds still have not stopped - we are expected to have them all day long reaching 62 miles an hour. Also on the baby front - no new Gerber as of yet but today was the day I picked for his arrival. I will let you know.

Hanging on to those eggs it going to get a bit breezy around here.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  09:12:16 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter everyone. Just a quick note before I dash off to get things completed before my guests arrive. I finally got my van back at 5:00 on friday. It's so nice to not feel stranded anymore. Still haven't decided just what I will do about the dealership I got it from.

Hope everyone has a great day. I watched your video, Monica and it looked great to me. I know what you mean about the wind, Grace - this fire sign doesn't like the high winds much either. I hope your baby prediction is accurate....keep us posted. Gotta run - 16 for dinner.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  11:57:58 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, I am so glad to hear that you have your van back! You could always do a youtube video about it! That seems to get the word out really fast and sometimes that seems to get the company's attention!

Thank you for the compliment on the video! I have been getting a lot more views on my etsy from it!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Grace - hope you get to meet the new little one soon! Babies are such a miracle and blessing from God.

Monica - your video is wonderful! How clever of you!

I listed my very first fiber from my own herd on etsy tonight! It just tickled me to death! It is from Ruth, who is our stump stander. Everytime you go outside she is standing with her front feet on a stump, upturned hay bin or feed trough. I don't think she likes being short. I have been washing and picking wool all week and spent this morning combing the locks while the family went to church - I didn't get to go because the 9 year old woke us up at 4 because he had gotten sick. He is better now and you would never know he had been so sick. I honestly think it was too many cupcakes at his cousin's birthday yesterday. So I sat and combed and watched my parents' church service on TV. Pretty good morning despite being up since before the chickens.

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page