lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  04:58:34 AM  Show Profile
Girls - we seem to find out we are more and more alike! I HATE leaving the farm! I get in a bad mood just knowing I have to go to the store. My goal every summer (before the kids got big enough to have social lives and activities) was to see how many days in a row I could go without leaving the house. Today is not one of those days I get to stay home. I have driver training this morning until noon, then the boys and I have dentist appointments.

Good friend of mine has been through the ringer and back in the last 7 days. Her husband hurt his back several years ago and after a couple of surgeries, his health has declined, slowly but surely. Last Tuesday he wouldn't wake up, so she called the ambulance. At the hospital he was declared brain dead and since he had a DNR, she and the children said their goodbyes and had life support disconnected. Even went so far as to have him tested to see if he could be an organ donor which were his wishes. Very sad time. Well, he kept breathing. Thursday morning, he stopped breathing for a couple of minutes, they thought that was it. But he started again. Thursday afternoon he opened his eyes and began looking around. By Friday morning he was talking and walking up and down the halls. This is almost beyond belief! He still has a long way to go, but he is still here. She is such a dear person, she is one of the few friends I have that doesn't think I am crazy for my way of life, and has such a sweet spirit. So prayful that he continues to improve! God still does send miracles!

~Grace, I hope you don't overdo it with your foot! Be careful!

So glad we didn't find time to plant a garden this year. After we nearly drown in rain earlier, it is now sooooo hot. 102 degrees on the deck yesterday. A friend has lost 2 sheep to the heat. I am really keeping an eye on ours.

Gotta go get busy. Kids are waking up and will want breakfast before long!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  06:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I think I know what your first thought was! I would be skeptical except that it's a customer that has bought from me a number of times before the thing that bewilders me is that the wool I have that I did the batts out of does not seem to have lanolin in it or feel sticky at all!

Lori, I will be praying for your friends husband!

This weather is really crazy! This morning it's 64 here! I put on a sweater and warmed up my coffee! For this time of year, this is cold! Now I know why they quit calling it global warming and started calling it climate change!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  07:22:13 AM  Show Profile
Monica, if you put your hands down in the bag of wool, do they come out a little shiny? It is always hard to tell if you have got all the lanolin out of your wool but being here or there shouldn't matter. Monica, I think I would try to get that batt back from her and really see what is going on. Some people will complain if they find a speck of dirt and others will be happy with a nest of burrs and a little wool...we all come in many shades.

I have been washing these fleeces and I see that sheep are a lot like people. You have heard that some people can roll in a cow pie and come out green and smelling like cow pie while others come out looking like Mr. Clean and smelling like a rose...well the fleece that I messed with all day yesterday was awful. Gabby was born and jumping around in 15 minutes, she is the first to the feeder and I think she tells the others to just eat over top of me. She is the one that comes running when you call them in and she is sliding sideways when she gets to the gate. She is also the baby that will just lay her head in your lap if you sit down to pet the girls. She gets her head caught in the fence a couple times a week so we put up a second fence and then she gets her head through both...double the trouble to get her out. She has no fear of electric fences, just puts her head down and goes right through so she finds every burr or stick tight in the cattle pasture. God love her little heart but her fleece will stay right here and I will be spinning this wool and calling it Gabby's wool. As I was fuming yesterday while working on her fleece, I had thoughts of selling her and then I thought, No, I will spin her fleece up and knit a sweather for me out of it. Maybe when I wear Gabby's wool sweather I will pick up some of her live life to its fullest traits, know no boundries, you know kind of like Superman's cape. And I think I shall dye her wool bright red to impower me even more. (really girls, I think I have had my head over too much wool lately...)
It is time to move some compost to the poor tomatoes and then clean on the barn to start more compost.
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so.....
'Love the people who treat you right Pray for the ones who don't.
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  08:56:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh I do the same, how many days before I really have to leave here. Yesterday did the big shopping so now should not have to go anywhere until Saturday. There is a bit rummage sale/benefit going on so will check it out. It is for the grandson of some friends of my parents so the right thing to do and who knows.....

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  1:27:36 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I just love hearing about Gabby! Without any animals of my own yet, I live my farm life vicariously through all of you! The wool in the bag does not seem to have any lanolin in it! I have all of the same colors that I used in the batt and none of them seem sticky! She did say that it was in a metal mail box and I ship the batts in plastic mailers, but I would think that even if it got damp from humidity that it would "dry out" once it was out of the bag! I am really not sure! I would ask her to send it back, but she has already started spinning it!

Rae, I had to go to the market today and I could not wait to get home! I got stuck behind 3 different cars that were going a good 10 miles or better below the speed limit and then I seemed to hit at least 10 red lights in a row! It was hot and tiring in town, but i must say that what made it better was knowing that I am in good company with all of you and that made me smile while I was sitting at yet another red light!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  1:42:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Sarita! Love hearing about Gabby! All of her personality will make her more dear to you!

~Monica - it is a long shot, but would it be possible that something got spilled and leaked into your package during transit? You know.....delivery drivers have to stop during happy hour at Sonic, too! (Sonic happy hour is the highlight of my shopping trips! I can make a Route 44 Dr. Pepper last until bedtime.)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  8:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Well after all of that apparently the batt is fine! Maybe it picked up a bit too much moisture in the metal mail box in the sun! Has anyone heard that you should not store fiber in plastic?

Sarita, I have a friend that is interested in some of your Shetland! I sent her a bit from some that I got form you last year and she really loves it! I told her I would find out when you are shearing or if you have any!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  8:43:56 PM  Show Profile
I am finally getting a handle on things today - Monica I was catching up on your fiber issue - I am a bit confused (what's new) Was the batt you sent dyed?? If so sometimes fiber that has been dyed can react after the fact and feel a bit different - that is rare but I have felt it before. As for storing in plastic - long term storeage can be an issue especially if not in temp controlled environment. Short term to ship it is recommened just in case you have a mail man like mine who will leave your package at the end of a long driveway in a snow storm, hail storm and down pour. Many folks have thanked me that I place my fiber in plastic for shipping. However the short time it takes to ship should not have any effect on the fiber. Also, depends on how much this person has had fiber in her hands. Some folks are only around combed top so they have no clue about what other fibers and techniques feel like. Sorry that this has happened. Please keep us in the loop - we all learn that way.

Give Gabby and big hug from me. Some of us may not always be the fiber around but we sure make up for it with love, snugs and soul. I have had many such Gabbies at my farm and with a little bit of work at the dye pots, carding machines and nimble fingers I have taken trash and turned it to gold - she has your heart and that is the most important part after all is said and done.

I wish you all the best and hope that Mother Nature is kinder to us all.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  9:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Grace, it was dyed Romney. I store the batts and yarns in plastic sweater boxes and only put it in plastic bags to ship it! It seems to be okay now so hopefully it is resolved!

I think now I am going to go make myself a nice mocha and relax! I treated myself to a brand new espresso machine today! I had bought one at the thrift store a few months ago and it quit working and I found one today on my dreaded shopping trip at my least favorite store on clearance! If I could I think I would order groceries and have them delivered to my house and then I would not even have to go to town!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  9:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Gabby does have my heart...she also has made my fingers sore from picking out all the vm but her wool is looking really nice now. It is very soft so I am ready to dye it and pick and card it now. Grace, lots of people would have trashed this fleece and I hope my new red sweater will be warm and soft and worth all the trouble!

I found some bushel baskets at Tractor Supply a few weeks ago and they work really well to catch the wool that I am picking. I also have used them to hold newly washed wool that I think is dry but want to be sure it is very dry before putting in plastic bags to ship. I have spray painted each of them bright colors and would like to make liners for them. I just need to sit down and make my pattern and dig out some fabric to line them with. I would want a liner that I could easily remove and wash. Anyone have a pattern? I will try to get some pictures of my new basketon my blog as soon as i make the liners.
Lori, sounds like you are busy dyeing and getting ready for another show...good luck.
Monica, I have several shetland fleeces that I have not even touched yet. Have your friend email me. I also have several shetland/blue faced BL fleeces and most of them are very soft.

Yes, please let us know what you come up with about the sticky wool. I think I have had a hands on education in wool cleaning but I continue to learn new things every year.

I am really tired tonight. The sheep put me through the paces this evening. I did not get the barn door shut good and they got out into the yard and were helping themselves to the feed in the tack room...I had just went through doing chores but they are such opportunist, all the sheep went in easily with a little enticing with a feed pan... EXCEPT Lilly and her twins would go in circles, get right to the door and then turn and go back by me. The sun went down and I was ringing wet with sweat from the high humidity and high temps. Lilly and twins did not seem near as hot as I was. Another day on the Spinning C, hubby was watching America's got Talent in the AC and had no idea that I was running in circles, when I came in and told him bout the sheep round up, he just shook his head and smiled.
I am praying daily that each of us will find a market niche with our fiber and animals and that we can do what we really enjoy doing and make a good living while doing it.
Joy, Peace, and Prosperity to all
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  9:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I will let her know!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  08:10:00 AM  Show Profile
Happy Wednesday ladies! Grace, how's the foot? You are almost too good of a describer...I said OUCH too just reading about it. Bet you're all sorts of pretty colors about now? Let's see, green, purple, that odd yellow only a nasty bruise can bring? New colorway? I want to see the new dyeing results too Miss Fame and Fortune Awaits You. : )

Sarita, it's true we are kindred spirits (all of us that means) but your description of your outside adventures with the birds made me think of my outside ones with the sheep and birds and dogs. I dyed out my back door where there is an outlet for my hot plate. The sheep are out back on pasture and the ewes are still on dry lot for another few days. They talk to me nonstop while I'm out there playing. It's so much fun. Birds are singing, sheep are talking, dogs are underfoot.

Rae, I'm with you sister...you're not alone. Think about it...we want people like us as friends but we have a hard time finding each other because we are all homebodies! That's called a conundrum.

We finally got one field of hay done too. Doesn't it feel good to see it all stacked?

Monica, I store my raw fleeces in plastic bags but they are not sealed completely air tight. They are out of the light, in a fairly controlled atmosphere (insulated garage) on shelves and I have never had an issue.

Now, I know you asked about the farmer's market. I sold a few items, paid for my space and my city business license and my gas, etc. All good. The best part was I handed a ton of business cards, had lots of people oohing and aahing and feeling the dyed yarns and rovings and knit kits and lots of compliments on the nice display. So...to make that in-person connection with potential customers or those who are the word of mouth advertisers made me happy. Sure, I wish I would have sold more but I have to tell you that it was a fun day. There was an event going on called Dashchunds on Parade (weiner dogs) and I have never seen so many of those little things in my whole life. Some were dressed up in costumes and all were very fun, plus watching their owners too. My son and very pregnant DIL came for moral support and to help. One interesting thing...I made a "mascot", a cute knitting sheep out of my Texel yarn. I named her Ewenice. She was sitting on a large spool just for fun and all of the kids liked her. I had a lady ask me if it was for sale...I ended up selling her and am making more. Who knew something like that would sell?

I am now busy making felted patriotic colored hot pads for 4th of July BBQ's. Our next day at the market is July 3rd.

Enjoy the rest of your week girls. Thanks for your support and good thoughts. Back at ya.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  3:09:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sarita - we have all had those dances with our four legged partners - I try to think of it as an exercise in who will out smart the other. I had to do some musical pasture last night and luckly all went well because I am still not too great on that foot.

Jami - I sure do not think anyone would like the colorway that my foot is right now - however, I thank the universe that nothing was broken, that I did not have to drive myself into town to the emergency room and I even have a foot.... I take the small blessings where I can get them expecially since I seem bound and determine to continually hurt myself.

Glad to hear the farmers market broke even - I know what you mean, over the years I have sold many a display goodie but it is all good - a sale is a sale. Have fun with the felted pot holders.

Just finished some batches of dyed roving (Llama and silk) with my new dyeing technique - on the one batch the sky blue was perfect but it did not fade the way I had planned - This llama was a different girl so that might be the issue but I will be revisiting the measurements just to make sure. I also late last night finished some batts that I think I will call "Rubber Ducky Bathtime". Great yellow alpaca and mohair, then some rich navy merino, bright blue cormo and sky blue soy silk. I hope to get pictures up in a couple of days.

So hope everyone is having a productive Wednesday and that the creative juices are flowing for us all...

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  3:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Woo-Hoo!!! I finally got to dye some fiber today. I love the dyeing process. I have 3 pots of coopworth and one pot of teeswater cooling right now. I can't wait until they are dry so I can decide whether or not to card or leave them as it. The teeswater has a LOT of vm, so I will probably have to card it.

Sarita ~ I have sympathy for you! Our cattle pasture is square. It has a huge pond right in the middle, and the barn is in the lower right corner of the pasture. We work cattle twice a year, and we had one cow named Cora, Crazy Cora to be precise. Raised one of the best calves every year, but was a bear to catch up into the barn - very smart and knew what were going to do - wouldn't even come up for feed. One year Stan and I chased her round and round the pond - we would go one way, she would go the other. Stan would holler to change directions. We weren't accomplishing anything, except that I was getting as aggravated at him as I was Crazy Cora. This went on for over an hour in an extremely sticky humid August afternoon until it got cloudy and looked like it would cut loose and rain any minute. I was at the point of tears and I was praying. I gave out and sat down on the pond bank which made Stan REALLY grumpy. Just for spite I prayed that it would rain on his head and cool him off. Apparently the Lord decided to prove his sense of humor - as I sat dry on my side of the pond, it began raining on Stan on the other side of the pond! Buckets and buckets of rain that never reached my side! That was about the best thing that could have happened!

Jami~ YAH! Love making those connections! Word of mouth is the best type of advertising! We have a 3 year old weiner dog, Maverick the Terrible, and I would NEVER take him in public! He has trouble behaving at home. Love him to death, but good grief, he is more trouble than three other dogs. I will never have another male dog, much less a weiner dog. He was so cute, just a precious little furry puppy when I got him. He loves me to death, and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but I keep hoping he will figure out how to be good!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  4:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Lori, sounds like you are making progress, I think dyeing fiber is a blast. LOL About the cow episode and the rain, I know God answers prayers. As I read your story, I had flashbacks. I think at times I would rather get the cows in and ready to load by myself.
Grace, sounds like you are a tough bird...I would probably be a whimp and sit in a chair with my foot elevated but here you are dyeing fiber and being creative. Way to go!
Jami, sounds like you had a good day at farmer's market. I am sure before the season is over and with word of mouth, people will be waiting on you to set up, please post some pictures of your booth...I bet it is really cute.
Monica, got your email and I will get back with you soon. I bet you are waiting on the edge of your seat for the AC and to move.
It was very hot here this morning, worked on electric fence early this morning and then I planted 19 more tomatoes and a row of green beans and beets down at Danny's melon patch. Then this afternoon a thunderstorm rolled in and lightning was really bad for a while, we lost power for over an hour and I did some spinning in the dark. It looks like it is building up another storm to the SW, getting dark again. After today, I think it is suppose to be dry for about a week. Sounds like we will start haying.

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  6:09:11 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited The guy that my grandson originally bought his sheep from, who I now own.. said he would trade me one of my ewes for one of his!!! He is going to work out something so then I won't have to worry about special needs sheep!!! Also, now you will see how dumb I really am but please don't tell anyone he said the sheep were Columbia crossed or something like that, not Romney I told him I am really a rookie but he is so nice so think I will also be able to learn a lot from him as well.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  06:33:49 AM  Show Profile
Rae, glad to hear that you are getting your sheep delimmina taken care of. Columbian Sheep have wonderful wool, so soft and I love to spin it. Sounds like the guy will be a real good resource for you too. The Columbian rams can really be big and dangerous, I know this first hand. I had a columbian ram, Clyde, and he was a very gentle and loving ram lamb until he hit 2 years old and he started charging me everytime I was in the lot with him...he went bye-bye!

Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  06:42:54 AM  Show Profile
Did anyone in the Northern states have damage from earthquake yesterday? I just heard bits and pieces of the event on TV this morning.

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  07:41:59 AM  Show Profile
No damage here! Sarita thank you for the info. Will be nice to have someone close by to ask things as well. I will still be running to you all, via email, this post or the good ole' telephone

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  11:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Rae, you got all of your sheep troubles worked out. Great! Nice to know what breed you have too. I agree with Sarita...have a friend who raises Columbias and I always tease him about raising ponies...no kidding...they are that big. His seem to be gentle giants but nonetheless, the shearers can't stand shearing great big sheep like that. Hard on the back.

The weather is more seasonal now...windows open, birds singing, lambs baa'ing, garden growing, etc. The killdeer had her babies, seems only 1 out of 4 survived as I saw one baby running about with the parents the day they left. The day before there were 3 running around with one egg left to hatch but I imagine hawks or crows got a couple? Took 2 days between hatching and their exodus. Removed the T-post from the driveway and got to mow the lawn. Kinda miss the entertainment they provided.

I am in the process of making a baby booties pattern out of some nice yarn I have for a knit kit. I think I can sell something like that at the market and what fun colors I can dye the yarn when it's for babies. It doesn't take much so they can be a less expensive item. Hopefully some grandmas will eye these little cuties.

Well, I must finish up a sewing project and prepare for a trip into town...lists to make and recycling to prepare to get out of my garage. Attending my DIL's ultrasound this afternoon to take a peek at my grandson...3 more weeks??!!

Grace, glad you're mending. Lori, can't wait to see what you do with the fleeces. Dyeing is my favorite part of it all.

And Monica, I'm sending A/C wishes your way. I can just imagine the heat building down your way.

Sarita, I will get pics next time at the market. This first time I was so worried and nervous and rushed (had to run into town, setup, run home to meet a lamb buyer, run back to the market) that I forgot my camera. Enjoyed hearing of your summer storms. I like those but our guard dog gets so nervous I have to go out and get him and put him in the garage to calm himself. He knows to wait at the gate for me to come get him.

Enjoy this beautiful day, fine ladies.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  7:39:19 PM  Show Profile
A friend of mine put this on Ravelry and I wanted to post it here so that more people see it! She was taken by her mother and the mom has a red 2000 Potiac 2 door Sunbird. They left from Kennet, Missouri.

My niece has been kidnapped. This is a long shot but its all I know to do. Her name is Miranda. She is 10 years old. This is the most current picture I have of her.

there has been an Amber alert sent out for her. If seen please call the the police at 573-888-4622. Also please call her father Donny at 573-559-5118. She was last seen in the company of her mother Violet and could possibly be heading to Washington state.

Thank you for any help.

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jun 26 2010 09:08:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  08:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Monica, I will pray for Miranda. I always hate to hear that a child is being done this way.
We are expecting a rain tomorrow then we are to have a few days of hot and dry so we will probably start haying the first of next week. The garden looks pityful. Corn tasselling and knee high, tomatoes are little sawed off dwarfs. Ready to till it all under and call it good. I need some of Sherri's stick with it blood! Sherri, how is your garden doing now?
Hey Barb, have not heard from you for awhile and I have been hoping that all is well.
Deborah, how is the new goat?
Grace, is your foot OK? Hope you are doing OK and you are busy as a bee as usual.
Rae, are you enjoying your vacation?

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  3:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Well Sarita if it would quit raining for awhile..... We have the same forecast as you coming up. Was hoping ti wouldn't rain tomorrow as Lillian is being baptized and we wanted to have people here for a BBQ after church. Will have it but may move it to my folks in town as they have more space.

I am enjoying not having to go to work though I must say. I am anxious to go see the sheep man and see what he has that we can trade. Feel bad for Nellie to be moved but I have to think about what is good here. Seems he is good to his animals though and I will know for sure when I see them. This man is where my two parents came from originally, Sally and Sampson (they had named them).

Our garden is doing ok, need to weed it though if it would dry out enough that I don't sink to China!!!

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  05:02:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! I am still kicking. So much to read back on! Monica, I will pray for your niece. I can't believe how people can so such things. I guess there may be peace knowing that it is her mom and nothing bad should happen to her.
Well so much has happened, where do I begin? My oldest daughter Chelsey graduated from Grade 8 on Thursday. It was so nice. Now we are starting a new chapter in our lives, high school! My son Cole made his first communion 2 weeks ago, it just seems like there has been no time for anything!
The kids are done school tomorrow and then start 2 weeks of bible school. So really, it won't slow down for a little while yet. We are having the same problem with weather up here, wet! We are ready to do our second cut haylage this week, yes, second cut. It is crazy! The weather is supposed to straighten out by the end of the week.
Weeds are in my garden too. I may just have to barefeet it and start digging!
Turned the ewes out to pasture Friday. It was so hot in the barn, it was time for everyone to vacate the premises. I had to wait until they cut the grass down and baled it before I could let them out. Now they are all happy.
Yesterday I got to go on a tour of a organic sheep operation. They took us on a tour of there fields and crops and showed their sheep grazing technique. It was fantastic! They are becoming good friends of mine, so I am so fortunate to have such knowledge just down the road and only a typing finger away with all of you!
Well, better go, it is my birthday today and I am being taken out for breakfast as soon as chorse are done.
I will pray for you all today and I will make sure to pray for the rain to stop for a while!

God Bless
Barb
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  06:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Barb, Happy Birthday to you.

That is as close as to me signing as you would like to hear. Have a wonderful day and know that you are cared for by this long distant farmgal....

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page