Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Pray for our family - mostly our dd -UPDATED 3/16
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for our family - mostly our dd -UPDATED 3/16 Next Topic
Page: of 2

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  04:27:21 AM  Show Profile
She'll be 13 in a few weeks. After talking with my dh about her behavior, we thought she was probably depressed. Then reading her journal that she left out, I learned she's been contemplating suicide or hurting herself. We are heartbroken. We've tried talking with her, she won't open up.

Took her to the dr. on Monday, she recommended a child psch. We have an appt. on the 24th. Maybe sooner if someone else cancels. We're also meeting with Christian family counselor tomorrow.

Learned at the Dr. that she's been feeling depressed for over 1-1/2 years. I feel horrid that we didn't see the signs, but she has done well at hiding them. her grades didn't start to slip until this semester.

Can you keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we go through this with our dd? Pray that she can remain strong and not hurt herself, that she'll either talk to me or someone that she trusts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Edited by - City Chick on Mar 16 2011 04:50:32 AM

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  05:24:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh Deb,
I am so sorry to hear this about your daughter. She will be in our prayers. We went through the same thing with our son around that same age. He is now 28 years old very happy and has a new son. I just remember saying to my self that God has a plan for my family. And I know happier times are sure to come our way. I dropped every thing I was doing and spent a tremendous amount of time with him. Encouraging him in every way I could think of. Telling him every day that we loved him and what a wonderful person he was. I would tell him stories of the funny things he did as a baby and toddler and how smart he was. That seemed to help get him back on track of who he is and the person he was to become. You may not think they are listening but thay are. I also got all the negative people out of his life including family members. Prayers for your family!!!!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  06:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Deb, Thank God you read that journal and found out about her thoughts. She may even of left it out in the open hoping you would find it. Whoever said your teenage years are the best must of led a charmed life. I think they are the hardest years of all.That age is filled with so many new feelings and wanting to fit in and be liked. God only knows what she truly feels inside. She is the same age as my grandson. It just sends shivers down your spine.They are so vulnerable. It is so hard at that age to really envision the future, and that everything can and will change. All that they see is the right now. I think that you have caught this in time and that the Dr. will be able to help her.If this one doesn't work out, keep looking until you find one that does. People can be very good at hiding the way they truly feel. Put on that happy face, even when it's not how they really feel. Don't blame yourself. Just thank God that you did find out and that you are getting her the help she needs. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you. She will make it. She will come out of this a stronger and more self confident person. She just has to learn to love herself as much as you love her. In time the reasons will become more clear as to why she became depressed. The Dr. can help her learn how to cope with these feelings and to help herself and help her heal. God love of all of you honey. You are a wonderful Mom and will be there for her in every way she needs you to be. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. It is something that needs to be brought out into the light where it can be seen and heard and dealt with. That will help more children and their parents.

Hugs and Prayers, Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  07:22:38 AM  Show Profile
Deb, I am standing with you as you and your family make such important decisions. I will pray for protection surrounding your daughter's life, and prayers that you will have supernatural wisdom in your times with her and decisions you make.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  07:30:52 AM  Show Profile
Deb, big hugs to you. You and your daughter are going through a very rough patch in life. I suffer from severe depression and am here to tell you that it isn't easy to talk about as an adult. I can only imagine how terribly hard it is to talk about as a teen. Sometimes, with depression, you don't even know what you are depressed about. This must be so frightening and confusing to a 13 year old. Here she is standing on the cusp of womanhood and all of those confusing thoughts and feelings going through her and then to have to suffer through depression too. Stay with her physically and emotionally, love her unconditionally, listen, even if all she can give is silence.

I am thinking of you, your dd and your family. You are in my prayers. I am glad that you found that journal and am thinking that you have found out her sad secret before she could be tempted to act out her desperation and pain. Bless you and sending you loving strength and courage to get through this with her.

Big hugs

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  10:47:56 AM  Show Profile
Prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  8:07:58 PM  Show Profile
I'll be praying, too, Deb. You know, this age is just so difficult for teenagers. There are just so many changes and challenges they face. I am so, so glad you opened her journal. Please don't beat yourself up over not "recognizing the signs." Sometimes they are just so subtle, it's hard to see them. Kids are very good at keeping things locked up inside and hidden away. Even when they push us away, our kids still need us to be there; you are absolutely doing the right thing. Hang in there. There is a lot of wisdom and insight in these posts. I hope they will help comfort you, guide you, and give you strength. God bless you and your family. Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  9:36:41 PM  Show Profile
I suffered from depression in my early teens and if she left her journal out, it means she wanted you to read it. thirteen is such a difficult age and it can be hard to see the signs; I still got good grades so no one thought anything was wrong. It's probably not that she doesn't want to talk about it; she probably can't, since the feelings are so intense and often scary. She needs lots of support, someone who will listen to her, even the scary things like hurting herself. Lots of depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. In some ways, being depressed is like having a broken bone, only it's the brain that is broken. the good news is that the brain is the most resilient organ in the human body and always works to repair itself. Just love her, be supportive, and see that she gets good professional help. You will be in my prayers,
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  10:17:52 AM  Show Profile
Prayers out to your family and especially your DD.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Aunty Krys
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystal
Vancouver Wa
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile
oh miss deb, as a mother, my heart breaks for your daughter and for you. it's so hard to know they're in pain and not be able to make it better with a kiss and a hug like when they were little. you are both in my prayers for your strength and for peace.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile
((((Hugs Deb))) Signs are often over looked. And as one that has been there...you learn to hide it. Don't beat yourself up over it please. It was a God thing finding her journal out !! Your family is in my prayers.

Hugs...Kristy
"Live like you were dyin'"
Sis #2339
Scattered Prairie Gals Chapter
http://www.myhealingthroughartstory.blogspot.com
My studio Blog- http://www.lostcreekstudio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  5:38:44 PM  Show Profile
I have a daughter that is 15 but it has been up and down for years, her mood swings were terrible. Her girl thing started when she was 10 so the hormones have been all over the place. You may want to have your daughters thyroid checked and change her diet. My daughter is a different person since taking dairy and corn syrup out of her diet. Your daughters depression is real but it could be a simple imbalance in her system.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  07:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Deb sending my prayers for your dd's protection and recovery through theropy. Been there and it takes time. Lots of love and understanding. Things at her age is very difficult, especially with the ways of our world today. Just continue to let her know that she is loved and important to you and your family. And not seeing the signs, you did nothing wrong. I was so good at hiding my thoughts and feelings, no one would have known. Through getting some help she will know it's ok to share what she's feeling and that will ease the thoughts blocked in her mind. Please let us know how everything is going. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  11:42:07 AM  Show Profile
Deb, the teenage years are so difficult, for the teens and the parents. Standing with you in prayer for her and the entire family.

karin
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  12:55:04 PM  Show Profile
deb will pray for your DD and you as this must be a very sad time.
blessings and hugs deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  05:32:56 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear this Deb, will be adding her to my prayers (and you and your family also)

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  8:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Praying also Deb.
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  05:52:14 AM  Show Profile
Deb, I just saw this. I will be praying for her too. I hope you are able to find out what is wrong. It's so sad what the kids these days are going through. I have an almost 12 year old granddaughter that I worry about with the same thing. So much going on in those young lives.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  09:34:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Deb, praying for your DD. They are so very good at hiding so much of what they are feeling anymore these days. After raising 4, there IS a lite down the road. You are doing all the right things for her!! Prayers going up!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  08:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Some updates: We're not going to be seeing the Christian counselor. We can't afford her. $50.00 a visit. Our insurance pays for counseling so we're going with another one. We had an appt. for yesterday, but that counselor cancelled on us.

I finally found a child pysch that is in our insurance network and was able to get an appt. for Thursday morning. It's been a long 2 weeks. I'm worn out. Dd seems ok, but I don't know what to believe since she's been hiding her feelings for 1-1/2 years. She's thought about cutting herself, but thankfully hasn't acted on it.

Thank you for your prayers ladies. I'm sorry I haven't been around to update. I have a couple of packages that need to go to the post office for some farm girls here. I hope to get that done this week.

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  08:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Dear Deb & Family, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this time. I will pray that God will intervene and lift your daughters spirts and that the doctors & counselors will be a useful blessing to all of you at this time. The teenage years are truly a difficult time for girls (and boys). Keep talking, loving, hugging and most of all praying. Farmgirl Hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile
Dear Deb

Praying for you & your family. I have a 13 year old myself & it's a hard age to know what's going on in their heads. Praying for you & your family.

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  03:52:50 AM  Show Profile
We saw the dr. She wants her hospitalized. To get meds regulated. Unfortunately, our insurance doesn't cover the hospital she's on staff at. I'm now trying to get dd into one that is on our insurance plan.

I'm having anxiety attacks, feel sick to my stomach. I could just cry all day long. But I can't I have to be strong and get dd the help she needs.

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  06:15:24 AM  Show Profile
Deb, *big hugs* I know this is a terrible unreal seeming situation to suddenly be thrust into, but you have caught things before they could turn into a tragedy. I'm with you sister! We farmgirls look out for each other. Hospitalization at this point seems like the best option. It will be hard being away from your daughter and frightening for her as well, but hopefully with medication and professional help, she will start to feel safe enough to open up and allow someone in to start helping her out of this dark place.

I know you are going through horror and I wish that I had words enough to comfort and give you strength. You are in my thoughts and prayers and so is your daughter.

Lots of love coming your way

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  08:44:12 AM  Show Profile
Deb praying for resolution of these insurance matters so your dear girl can get the help she needs. Please take care of yourself, I know that it is hard but you have to take care of yourself so you can be there for your daughter. Big hugs to you!!

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  05:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for praying.

After talking with the intake manager last week at a hospital that does take our insurance, she believes that my dd would benefit greatly from their out-patient program. I cannot tell you what a relief this is for my dd & our family.

She'll go from 9-4:00. They even pick her up and bring her home. She'll have group counseling, individual counseling as well as meeting with psych. Time for her to do homework, since she'll be missing 2 weeks of school. Lunch. That's all I know for now. (Oh, and family counseling as well)

I know this is just the beginning of the journey, but we all feel very positive about this.

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for our family - mostly our dd -UPDATED 3/16 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page