Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Substitutions in canning recipes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Substitutions in canning recipes? Next Topic  

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  10:52:18 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick question, does anyone know if I can use dried peppers instead of fresh peppers in a salsa recipe for canning? I can't find an information on it and my local extension office hotline is closed for the weekend. Any info or advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  11:08:27 AM  Show Profile
Ally, I don't know for sure, but I would think that they would be well-rehydrated from making the salsa... I would definitely do it! Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Yum! Salsa!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  12:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Yes! I have done this. It makes your salsa a little thicker...not a bad thing. I have used dried onions in salsas otherttimes. That works well too. Have fun!

Inside me there is a skinny girl crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  6:52:29 PM  Show Profile
Great! Thanks gals! I'll post a picture when we're all done! We've got peppers called "Cherry Bombs" and they were pretty spicy when they were fresh!!!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Substitutions in canning recipes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page