Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please Pray For My Dad - He Has Gone Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Pray For My Dad - He Has Gone Home Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  7:50:35 PM  Show Profile
FINAL UPDATE: 122814:

'Just want to let you all know that my Dad passed away a little while ago. I don't have any details. Guess we'll know more in the morning. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and kindness during all of this. It has been a long haul. I pray so deeply that he is now at peace at Home with the Lord. Much love to you all. God bless us, every one!

Hugs -

Nini

---------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 122614:

Yesterday our Energizer Bunny dad seemed to make a miraculous improvement, but this morning he has taken a turn for the worse. They have now removed all machines, with the exception of an oxygen mask. They are administering comfort measures, but his body is extremely weak and failing. It is just a matter of time. As my brother said, it could take hours or days, we have no way of really knowing. My stepmother is a mess emotionally, but thankfully she is rebounding well from her slight stroke. She is supposed to be undergoing physical therapy, but just can't bring herself to do it now, which, of course is understandable. The rest of us are doing well, just waiting and praying for him.

Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. I'm okay, really. I just really hope for prayer for my dad.

Love and hugs -

Nini

UPDATE 122314:

Hi girls. They tried removing the vent today. Dad opened his eyes but was unresponsive. Then he started trembling so badly that they reintroduced the sedation medicine and reactivated the vent. They are going to wait until Friday to remove the vent (per my stepmother's wishes). At that time, they will let nature take its course. They do not believe his lungs and heart are strong enough to sustain him, so it will only be a matter of time before he goes Home. Please, please, PLEASE pray that this will be a peaceful passing for him. And please also pray for my stepmother. Dad requested not to have a funeral, so they are just taking him to a National Guard Cemetery (I think that's what my brother said - sorry!), and then they will say a few words before he is interred. As far as I know, the family is not expected to gather together. My stepmother is honoring all his wishes. I just feel so, so badly for her.

I'm okay, really. I have great peace about it - that peace that surpasses all understanding. It must be due, in great part, due to all the prayers you have been sending up. Thank you so, so much. God bless you. :)

Much love,

Nini

--------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 122214:

Eghads and little fish hooks...So my brother spoke with the hospital. They decided NOT to take Dad off the vent today because he is too weak. The nurse told my brother that my dad's lungs are "shot." He said she was very curt with him and abrasive, so he didn't talk with her long. I am very, very, VERY upset. I do not understand... If he expressly refused all treatment, and if he has a DNR, and if they know his lungs are shot, and if they don't believe his heart will sustain him, WHY are they keeping him on the vent???? My brother says its because they would like to try to get him to breathe on an O2 tube. But my Dad doesn't want this. I KNOW he doesn't. He and I have had this conversation many, many, MANY times in the past. I don't want him to die, but I don't want him to suffer, and everything they are saying seems to indicate that he may come off the vent and survive briefly on the O2 tube, but his heart and lungs are going to fail him, no matter what. I just don't get it. And I'm sitting here, 600 miles away, unable to travel, unable to hold his hand or stroke his hair or sing to him to soothe him or to speak with him to hear what he really wants them to do. Ugh. I hate this. I just hate it. I am heartbroken for him and so worried that he will suffer. I don't want him to gasp for his last breaths and suffer pain as he experiences heart failure. I don't want him to be afraid as he lay there dying. (Although I guess all of that is going to happen eventually, huh?) This is just SO not what he wants, and yet it seems no one is respecting his living will, and nobody has the answers. What IS this? Ugh! I know... I'm sure they must just be following protocol. I need to take a breath. I'm sorry. Thank you for letting me vent.

I just pray that he will pass in his coma/sleep - a merciful, peaceful transition home. It's just SO frustrating. I'm sure they know what they're doing and that God is monitoring the situation. It just stinks.

Please just pray for him and that the doctors receive extreme wisdom and exercise extreme care in all matters concerning him. That's the best anyone can do right now.

Wah... Okay. Done whining. It's going to be fine. I'm fine. Thanks so much for letting me get that off of my chest.

Hugs and love -

Nini

-------------------------------------------------

Hi girls -

So much has happened, but instead of going into detail, here's the abbreviated version: My stepmother had a small stroke a few days ago which left her very weak on her left side. As a result, she is unable to care for my Dad any longer by herself, and he was moved - under GREAT protest by him - to a nursing home. Earlier this evening my brother spoke with her. She is on heavy medications, so she was slurring and not very clear, but from what my brother could gather, Dad was admitted into an ICU early this morning. He has refused all therapy. She said his arteries were failing, they had placed a stent in his neck (but we're not sure why?), he is now on a ventilator and in a medically induced coma. They are going to pull the vent tomorrow afternoon, but she has a DNR order so that if his heart doesn't carry him at that time, they will allow him to pass. <Sigh>

My dad has really been suffering for a very, very long time now, as has my stepmother. I believe with all my heart that if it is in fact his time, this is all a result of God's Loving Mercy and in His Perfect Timing. Please pray for him to have a peaceful transition
Home, and that he will revel in the Love of God and His Marvelous Light for all Eternity. Please also pray that my stepmother receive healing, as well as abiding peace, comfort and consolation during all of this. She has been through so much. They both have.

Thank you so much, as always, for your love and prayers. You are all such a blessing to me. And know that I'm okay, honest.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 28 2014 6:11:36 PM

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  11:17:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm praying, Nini. I know when someone is suffering greatly it can be a blessing to let them go, but still it hurts, hurts, hurts. Praying that God's love hovers over your father like the angels themselves. And God bless you, sister, and your stepmother. May the angels always be with you.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  05:03:43 AM  Show Profile
Many many (((hugs))) Nini! I am most definitely lifting up your dad, your stepmother, you and the rest of the family! What a difficult time!!! I pray you truly allow yourself not to be okay as well - and find comfort in those who love you (like all of us!), and most especially in the comfort of our Heavenly Father!

We celebrate Christmas as the time we celebrate the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ; who came to seek and to save the lost, to offer hope in this life and to bridge the gap between us lost sinners and God our PERFECT Creator. Sounds like He sought and saved your Dad, and your Dad turned his life over to Him, reconciling his relationship with God the Father! I praise God for that!

I will continually pray for comfort and peace for all of your dad's loved ones, and for His will to be done!!!

Love you <3

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  05:12:46 AM  Show Profile
Nni, I am keeping your Dad in my prayers.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6819 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6819 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  05:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Nini, my prayer is peace for your father, healing for your step-mother, and comfort, mercy, and grace for you.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  09:49:57 AM  Show Profile
Nini
I am praying for your family. This is such a difficult situation. May God grant you and your family the courage and strength to get through it.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  11:35:41 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls. I can't tell you how much your prayers and kind words mean to me. I'm just sitting here, praying and waiting to hear something. My stepmother didn't give my brother a time, so we're all sitting on pins and needles. I'm really okay, though - please don't worry about me. He has always managed to shock us and pull through things like this in the past, so it's really hard to believe today could be his last, you know? I'm just having a hard time on concentrating on anything else. I just really don't want him to suffer anymore, you know? <sigh> I'll keep you posted. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  4:48:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini
I just saw this post.
I will keep you all in my prayers and put you in a prayer for strength while waiting to hear and prayers for your step mom as she recuperates and for your dad in his healing or going with God.

Take care,
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  6:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Darlene. You're a wonderful prayer warrior, a dear friend and a great blessing! You ALL are!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  7:27:33 PM  Show Profile
Continuing to pray! Thank you for the update!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  8:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh nini
The Lord is with you all tonight and always and will have your Dad in his arms as he passes when ever that is and will be with you all as well.

love and Blessings.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  9:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Dear Nini,

I am sorry I just saw this! I am praying for comfort, strength and peace for the whole family. I am sorry sweetie.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  10:40:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Nini, I am so sorry. But, I am grateful for the peace that God has given you. I will be praying.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  03:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Nini- I'm not sure where I have been, just seeing this now. I am praying for your dad and your family. I pray for peace, strength and grace!! It is so hard to let go- we know that he is in His hands and His loving arms are wrapped around your dad and holding him close. Please know I am sending all my love to you and your family- even though we are miles apart from each other- I pray that you can feel the love I send your way!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  05:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Praying for all of you lots and lots today!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  05:42:08 AM  Show Profile
I hope you were able to enjoy your Christmas day. I join with all our farmgirls and am praying for you and your family.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  10:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, girls. Honest, I'm fine. I am very grateful for this peace, too, Portia, believe me. I'm much more concerned about my dad and stepmother. I just don't want him to have a stressful, difficult passing and my brother is extremely concerned about his eternity. I trust God loves him and understands him and will help him find his way Home. My stepmother is absolutely falling apart, so prayers for her to find peace would be greatly appreciated as well. I'll keep you all posted, I promise. But please don't worry - I'm really, really fine. My Dad and stepmother just really need prayer, and I find great comfort in knowing you all are lifting them up!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  10:46:56 AM  Show Profile
Praying for all of you. This is very hard and difficult to deal with. I went through something similar 3 years ago with my parents though it was very sudden for them. I'm glad you are at peace and prepared Nini. Your strong faith will continue to get you through this very sad time.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13569 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13569 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  2:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nini,
Sorry, I've just now seen this thread and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY! I know how it is when your parents are ill and struggling.
I will be praying . . . thank you for the updates!
There is nothing like God's grace, mercy, peace and love!
PRAYING!
LOVE YOU!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  05:51:56 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I'm checking in to see how your family is doing. I've been praying for your dad's peace and comfort.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6819 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6819 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  06:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I pray for his comfort and peace. For you and your family, strength and peace.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  3:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Nini I am still praying for you dad and step mother, and will continue for as well,
Blessing to you for your strength and faith. God is there with you all.
Take care
love and hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  1:22:25 PM  Show Profile
Nini, continued prayers for your dad and all your family. Big Hug!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  1:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Continuing to pray here as well!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  6:20:38 PM  Show Profile
Many (((hugs))) and loads of prayers!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  8:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini,
My prayers go with you and your Step mom, I know you are at peace for your Dad but it is hard anyway, and prayers for comfort and strength for you both at this time.

Blessings and love and many hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Pray For My Dad - He Has Gone Home Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page