True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  05:15:29 AM  Show Profile
Monica, I will keep you in my prayers.
It is cold here... I am feeding more hay to all the animals. I am filling the hay feeders morning and night.
Busy day, school to work and the stomach bug hit yesterday. I sent kids home left and right. (and tonight is their Christmas program.) I will come home, do chores and get ready to go back for the program and then their Christmas raffle is after the program.
Hope everyone is doing OK and that God will comfort and guide you all through this day.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

“God whispers to us in our pleasures,
speaks to us in our conscience,
but shouts in our pains;
it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”

C. S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  08:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Sarita, I will be praying that you don't get the stomach bug!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  3:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Ack! Sarita - where is the nurse when I need one? Avery, the youngest son, came home today with a yucky tore up hand from being a boy and playing rough on the playground. And this is the child that never says anything hurts, but was crying when I was cleaning it. You would think with two rough and tumble boys I would be used to this by now.

I have been knitting away until I am sick of knitting. I got one hat done, and about 1/4 of the next one. I finally gave up and sat down and spun some superwash today. It is a pretty sunset colored roving that I dyed earlier this year. I am trying for sport weight, but we will see. Do you guys have a default weight that your yarn usually ends up? Mine seems to be worsted weight. I will think I have spun some really fine yarn, only to ply and full it and it turns out worsted yet again.

Well, Big Mama is quite the Houdini. She just won't stay in. Stan is down in the pasture trying to secure the fence again right now.

Michele - are you the one with experience with milk cows? Stan and I are seriously considering finding one. We figured it up, and we are spending over $60 a month solely on milk and butter. (Not counting the things I don't make, like yogurt and pudding, because it would take more milk.) We actually were discussing how much it would tie us down, then realized that sheep, goats, donkeys, dogs and cattle kinda had already put us in that position. Duh. The question I keep finding conflicting answers to is - Do you leave the calf on the cow or pull it off and bottle feed it? Does it depend on certain factors?

Take care all, and keep warm.

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  10:48:56 AM  Show Profile
Lori, hope you have about completed all your knitting projects. Did Big Mama get her wings clipped? It is so hard to keep a sheep in once they have been able to get out.
I have been talking to one of the area milk farmers too about getting a milking cow. Am I crazy?

but shouts in our pains;

C. S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  11:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Sarita - we are asking ourselves the same thing! It makes financial sense on paper, but, it is another time commitment.

Yes, for now, Big Mama hasn't found another way out out of the pasture. Only time will tell, though, if it was a permanent solution.

Stan is going out of town tonight. It has been years since he has gone on an overnight trip away from us. It feels really strange.

Ladies, please pray for our neighbor, Amanda. She is 26 weeks pregnant with a miracle child, something her doctor said would never happen, and she thought she was having a heart attack two nights ago. After an ambulance ride and an agonizing night, turns out she has 3 huge gall stones. She tried coming home this afternoon, but had to go back to the ER. They don't know what is going to happen. Her husband feels helpless and is worried sick.

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  11:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Well, ladies...we must all be crazy, because we are planning to get our first milk cow in the spring! LOL! When milk is almost 4 bucks a gallon and grass is free...well, you do the math! Besides the health benefits of un-pasturized milk (so I've heard), well, it just seems like a good deal all the way around. I like making my own homemade yogurt, butter, and ice cream already. I'd also like to learn to make cheese. I figure the more I can grow/raise/harvest off my own land, the healthier I'll be...and maybe Walmart won't get quite so many of my precious few dollars!
Speaking of crazy...we just made arrangements to pick up a male Old English Sheepdog puppy on Monday! My girls are going to be so excited! We could be having our own puppies about a year from now!
I can't wait to see our new little fluffy bundle of joy!
I'm working on my third fleece now. Daisy is not my prettiest sheep, but she has the prettiest crimped wool. You certainly can't see it from looking at her...I never would have guessed how nice her fleece would shear out. She has almost no tog (that's the long, straighter outer wool, right Grace?)...even the shearer noticed it. But it is lovely and crimpy. I'm anxious to see if it spins up differently than the others' wool does.
I'm still working on my saddle blanket. It sure is nice and warm to work on and sit under on these cold evenings in this drafty old house!
None of the kids will be here for Christmas...so I guess we will just have a quiet day here at home...just the two of us...and all the quadripeds! I've been doing some Christmas baking, but I really don't know why! It's just going to mean Greg and I will have to make some pretty serious "eat better and lose weight" resolutions for the New Year! But, Greg said he wants all the treats...so I am trying to keep him happy!
Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  11:43:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh. Lori...we must have been posting at the same time! I will certainly pray for your neighbor. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  1:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - been awhile but as with everyone life has been anything but slow.

First, Lori I sure will place your neighbor in the prayer circle and hope for the best possible outcome.

Brenda your right about the Tog... I hope you will share pictures of the fleece. I had several who had very little Tog at all and the most buttery soft fleece even into their fifth and sixth year. I have finally finished combing some of my Cashmere babies with some of the best Angora Bunny - talk about something that is so buttery soft and huggable - I just love when I get to be in my fiber.

Had a horrible couple of days - the topper was tripping into a table that spilling a glass of tea onto my computer keyboard and mouse. That table was 3 feet away from the computer and it still managed to find the board. Well, had to go back into town to purchase those parts and I will post all the strange and wonderful things that happened on the blog - it sure makes you know that a wonderful power does have it's hand in our lives.

Bitter cold, bite of snow and tons of wind. I will turn on the oven and start some baking. Nick's birthday is Sunday and they are coming out to make Rolanden with me - that will be served for Christmas... So busy week ahead and lot's to give thanks for. I sure have missed typing with you all. I WANT A COW TOO!!! Have been fighting with myself for years but I just don't think I should add one more to the workload right now. I will have to live thru your stories and adventures.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  5:36:06 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening everyone. Grace it sounds like you have been through the ringer and back - glad today was a better day for you. We are in for another storm with snow and wind tomorrow too.

Lori I will keep your neighbor in my thoughts and prayers as well - I hope things will go okay. My step daughter had the same issue with her youngest but managed to limp through and had the surgery after she was born. Glad to hear Big Mama is staying in for now. I hope you are nearing the completion of all your knitting projects. I finally finished sewing the last of the 4 bathrobes that I have been making out of some really furry fleece fabric. You should see my sewing room - it looks like a red and blue blizzard hit in there from all the fluff. I also completed three hats that I was knitting as well.

Today I started on my candy - got the truffles dipped and the centers for the coconut (mounds type) scooped and in the freezer so I can get them dipped. Two more kinds to go - orange creams in dark chocolate and berry creams in white chocolate - then it will be on to cookies and bread and lefse if time allows.

Would love to have a source for fresh milk and cream. I used to buy jersey milk from a neighbor when my kids were young. I don't think a cow is in my future though....I have my hands full with what I have.

Brenda puppies are always so much fun. How exciting. Sounds like your wool is fantastic. Have you tried spinning any of it yet?

Hope all is well with you Sarita and you are over all your "bugs". How did your candy turn out?

Guess it's back to work for me.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  08:47:29 AM  Show Profile
I think we have worked through the bugs...fingers crossed. Students at school are still having a case here and there.
Sheri, heard the weather this morning and thought about you. Hope you are safe!
Lori, slow down girl and smell the roses! I will put your neighbor on my prayer list.
Grace, I am praying for you too.

but shouts in our pains;

C. S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  06:17:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies

The wind I hope is gone today - it torn thru the day and recked things which of coarse will add to the list of things to be fixed while still trying to get the holiday list done too. I baked on Monday and still have much to do today. I have a few last minute gifts that are on the table to complete. Sounds like everyone is also in the same boat - dealing with weather and holiday plans.

I wanted to take a moment before life spins out of control and wish you and yours a VERY MERRY Holiday Season!!! I wished we all could seat at the table, share good food, great conversation and tons of giggles and snorts!!! Your are my long distant family and I hope all your wishes come true. May all your family be well and safe. Last but not ever least may all the four legged family members who share your life be healthy, escape proof and grown tons of the most incredible fiber there is and may we find the time to get it all shorn, washed, dyed, picked, carded, spun and sold...

Happy Holidays from this farmgal and her critters

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  07:24:22 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a wool tumbler to put the raw fleece in and tumble out the vm? I have seen some pictures now on youtube and we are thinking about trying to build one, would appreciate any feedback on how they work or how yours is made. Already thinking about shearing time. I am feeding brome with a mix hay and feeding it either on the ground or in feeders so it does not fall on their back...but still have a long hay feeding season to go...holding my breath.

but shouts in our pains;

C. S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  08:40:15 AM  Show Profile
Sarita I have no way to watch that on YouTube but if you would send me where you saw if I will ask my son to look at them on his high speed and tell me about it. I have been in the commercial mills and they use blowing rooms - tumbling in my thought would scatter the VM.. I will give you a heads up - brome heads when they dry in the fleece break apart and scatter those tiny seed pods everywhere - in alpacas it is the kiss of death for a fleece. I found Monica the other day laying in the last of the hay that was sitting in the bunker - she was happy as a clam. Luckly, it is straight hay and so I just ran my fingers along her body and russtled up the fiber and the hay dropped out. That would not have been the case with one of the cashmere's...

VM is a continue issue with fiber animals and all we can do is load up as many tricks and skills into our bag and keep those fingers crossed.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  08:41:44 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Hope everyone's holiday prep is going along smoothly. I am still baking. Today is lefse day which is a big messy job. I always end up in memory lane when I do it as my mother, aunt, and grandmother always made a huge production line out of it when I was a kid. It wouldn't be the holidays without it.

It's been kind of quiet over here the past few days so I assume that everyone has been as busy as I have just trying to keep everything warm and fed along with the holiday prep. I still have gifts to wrap and the tree is up with lights on but no ornaments yet...

Sarita, I would love to know more about this tumbler that you are talking about. Keep us posted on what you find out. Is there a link to check it out?

Monica I hope all is well with you it's been awhile since you've posted.

Happy holidays everyone -

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4080 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  1:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
Enjoy that lefse making. My family loves it. I have not made it for a while.
Hope everyone got all those gifts finished up. I did. Have to do prep stuff for breakfast on Christmas day. Boys will all be home, then go to my ma's for dinner.
Yes I am the one with a milk cow, or was. I guess before I buy another cow, I will be having her tested for Johnees. Yes there is a possibilty that my Summer had that. Waiting on a blood test for my heifer right now, who will be freshening in April. Then of course all the beef will be tested. I would suggest that to all who consider purchasing a cow. So that is the down side. The only thing I do know is my dad never had that in any cows, my beef did not have it. So that means one of the two animals I bought, brought it with them. Not a good thing either.
Having your own cow is alot of work, but we feel it is worth it. I grew up on a dairy farm, so I knew the ins and outs. But with my cow I did do share milking, until the calf was taking more then I was getting. It worked great for me. It also worked to seperate them, milk once and day, and let the calf take care of the other milking. Using all that milk can get challenging, but I figured it was okay to dump a little. Or get pigs! Making your own cheese, etc, is simple. Don't think it is hard. More time consuming then anything. And it is so much better then boughten. Get Ricki Carrolls cheese making book. That really covers all you need. You can get by with minimum equipment, a stainless steel pot, and a thermometer. I did finally get a cheese press, and a few other things, that made it easier. My husband always told me that he needed the right tool to do the job. It applied to me too!
If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask.
Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and best wishes for a great New Year.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  2:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas

We have snow again but didn't get the last storm that went through and hit Minneapolis and south. Got about 7 or so inches last night and today. Hubby is plowing driveway a bit so I can pull him out, again, where he slipped off. Not a good driveway in the winter.

Enjoying my days off. Yesterday had my 3 grandsons over and we played Mario Kart all day Today I have been cleaning, big time, major kind of stuff but starting to look pretty decent. Brother is home from TX for Christmas and our kids will all be here for Christmas Eve so should be nice.

Hope all are well.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  6:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Michele, for the information. I sincerely hope that all your cows test negative.

Our neighbor, Amanda, is finally doing better. She is on a no fat diet and is doing well right now.

Stan bought me a new wheel - squeal! Well, new to me anyway. My best friend and I are going to pick it up tomorrow. We never get to spend time together, and it should be about a 6 hour round trip, so it should be great!

Only one knitting project to finish up and I will be done. Santa's little elf is going to start earlier than December next year making gifts.

We are feeding hay on the ground or in their low feed troughs, and I still sit and pick hay out of the wool of the ones that will let me. Little Beau, the BL baby ram is white, and bless his heart, everybody drips hay on him and it really shows. Poor thing looks like he was baled himself some days. The best one is Bandit, the Cotswold cross baby ram. He loves for mama to sit and clean hay out of his wool. He stood stock still all by himself for over an hour the other day while I cleaned every little bit I could find out. His fleece is a huge improvement over his baby fleece which had almost no crimp - it was more like plain old hair. I was considering whether or not we had made a wise purchase with him and toying with the idea of selling him in the spring, but with the sweet personality he has developed - no way!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and finds time to relax and enjoy the holiday!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  10:52:22 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, Everything is fine! Gary has been on the computer a lot lately so I haven't had much of a chance to get on! I have also been busy trying to get Christmas presents done!

Grace, I am glad that the hay bushed out of Monica's fleece, but I can just picture her sitting there all content!

Sarita, I have thought of trying to make a small tumbler too!

Rae, Stay warm!

Michele, Congrats on the wheel! What kind did you get?

Hope everyone is warm and well! It has been cold and rainy here all week! Hopefully tomorrow will be nice because I have to go to the market!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Dec 22 2010 3:08:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  3:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! How is everyone? I've been reading through old posts and see that everyone is as busy as ever. Way to go girls! I wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! I read Mom's blog and started to think about all of you.

I see that Mom told you we're having a boy instead of girl. I have to admit, it was a bit of a shocker for both of us, but we've adjusted. I just thank the Lord I didn't take the tags off of all of the clothes i bought for a little girl. Oh, they were so cute! Once I returned the clothes and replaced them with baby boy clothes I could imagine my little guy in, I was good. It helps to pass the time and keeps my heart patient if I can just pick up a little outfit and hold it close to me. I think between Wayne and I, we have him outfitted to 24 months! I know, a bit overboard. Can't tell we're first time parents, can you? LOL I can't wait to be a mommy! By the way, I have Gestational Diabetes and the latest my doctor will let me go is 39 weeks. The latest I'll be meeting my little man is March 31st. Exciting and unnerving at the same time. I've been carefully monitoring my blood sugar and so far, so good. After seeing the diabetic nurse, I have only been over the range 2X, but not by much at all. He looks great and is growing and moving like crazy. I just set and giggle at my tummy. I know I'm babbling, so I'll stop, but not before giving you this link. It is the youtube video we shot of finding out it's a boy. It's a little blurry at first, but clears up at just the right time. (Wayne was a little nervous operating the new camera) Take care everyone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJ1aKjA9AQ

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Little Red Caboose on Dec 22 2010 3:27:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  5:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Angie, how sweet was that?!! I think Wayne took the news quite well! Congratulations to you both.
All is well here, ladies. Staying busy with Christmas baking, skirting fleeces, crocheting my saddle pad (it's taking forever), plus keeping everyone fed and cared for.
We did get a new addition to our farm on Monday...a new baby boy...of the Old English Sheepdog variety! He's adorable and such a sweet one. Greg says he is all my dog already...he watches every move I make and cries if I leave the room and he can't follow! The big girls weren't sure what to think of him at first, but they are warming up to him. Especially Milly...she will roll around on the ground with him and is very motherly to him. He's only about as big as her whole head! His name is Signor Giacomo di Cavalli, and we're calling him "Jock". I plan to post pictures on my blog sooner or later...maybe Christmas day or the day after.
It looks like a lot of us are gonna get some weather this week. I would like to have a white Christmas, but I hope no one gets anything dangerous.
I hope everyone has a very wonderful Christmas, and may you all be blessed in the New Year.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Kyfarmchick
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Deborah
Bonnieville KY
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  5:06:41 PM  Show Profile
Yup! Looks like a boy! lol Congratulations!

www.centralkentuckymomstown.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  8:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Angie, It's so great to hear from you and don't apologize! You are not babbling at all and we love to hear about how things are going! I love the video!!! I had to laugh when the nurse said it was a boy and you say "What, Honey!" My gosh I remember those days!! I am glad to hear that everything is going well! Have you picked out a new name yet? You will have to let us know!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  8:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, ladies, he's definitely all boy! We laugh at the video now, but it really was a shocker of a day. We were completely dumbfounded. We shed a few tears, then it took a little while for it all to sink in. I knew what I needed to do. I needed to get some boy stuff in its place so we could see something tangible. I immediately had Wayne take me to the baby store for a little retail therapy. Sure enough, it helped us get over the shock. We are having a great time planning things to do with our little boy. Not a day goes by that Wayne doesn't say how he can't wait til his baby boy is here. I am growing more and more excited by the day especially since he's moving so much.

Now, for the name: His name will be Evan Chatham Baroch. Strange middle name huh? It's significant though. Ya see Wayne's dad, who is no longer with us, was sold on the black market when he was a baby in Arkansas. His mom was a teenager in the 30's and he was stolen from her and sold to a couple from Michigan. Wayne's dad didn't discover this until he was grown and had kids of his own, but found his biological mom and dad, and became very close with them. I have to add that he was never close to the woman who bought and raised him. His last name should've been Chatham, so Evan's name is in honor of that. So that's it!

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  04:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Angie, that is a GREAT story! Sad, but wonderfully happy, too. What a wonderful thing to name your baby. I love the name...but then I have grandkids named Reier, Atari and Echo! LOL!
God Bless you both...I am so happy for you.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  05:21:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh Angie that is great news - boys are just so much fun!! I know you are dissapointed some but trust me I am so thankful I had boys. Your also lucky that you found out without the tags being off - my first born had all the tests - even the amneo (not sure how to spell it but you know the one that they use to test for defects and such) The doctors told me I was having a girl - so I went to work. Painted the room soft mauve, sewed all the beding in pinks, even crocheted a coming home dress with pearls incrusted in it. I had silver picture frames engraved with her name and was so excited. Talked to her for months using her name and then came the delivery. As they pulled her from me I saw a long, high stream of fluid. I paniced. The doctor had a shocked look on his face and my husbands face was frozen. I screamed "What's the matter"? The doc said "It's a Boy" I replied "NOT FUNNY" Just then the stream of pee landed on my husbands chest. I felt as if my brain hit reverse and then like cogs in a wheel striped. It took us two days to come up with a new name and to wrap our brains around it. Yes, my son went home in a dress and lived in a mauve room for several weeks. This Sunday I celebrated his 27th birthday and I would never wish that he is anything but my sweet, handsome, kind son. He now has a son and when I watch him with his son Reese I know everything turns out the way it is planned.

Angie enjoy your son - he will teach you things about yourself that you would have never learned had you had a daughter. Besides you will not have to do all the hair fixing trauma that all my girlfriends went thru with their daughter. I wish you great health and peace with your wonderful son...

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page