Page: of 157

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  04:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Weather has not been cooperating this week. We had to clear a little more and burned and now rain Suppose to clear up today and rest of week so hopefully all will go right and up things will go.
Only good is some stuff that needed to be done indoors did get done. Hubby can organize his garage a little so can find tools and I did a batch of pickled beets yesterday and will do another this morning, being it is still raining!!!! But I have not given up, the sheep will come HOME!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  3:45:03 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE Pickled Beets - I will have to see if I have some hiding in the frig.. Sorry about the weather - what is it with Mother Nature - does she not understand that when you have your husband home the work must get done.... Hope fencing is in your future, if not trust me it will get done maybe just not on the schedule we had planned.

As for me I finished another set of curtains, a table cloth, one more room cleaned and reorganized. Tonight I am going to get all the paperwork done (Yeah Right) O.K. I am really going to sit and crochet something as a treat for me cleaning so hard. It is a great slub yarn and silk chennile yarn that I have unearthed in my stash - a scarf perhaps??? I am also putting pen to paper and reworking some of the barns - with each year I am doing this by myself I find things that work and that do not. Moving and housing as many billies as I do requires thought. For now my little gray cells are mush so back to the sewing machine until the sun goes down.

How is everyone's gardens doing - I got hit with three more hail storms in the past two weeks - nothing left - even the mint got hit hard. Some years you just wonder why we bother!

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  4:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Sorry about your garden, Grace. So far mine is ok and hope that at cooperates Feels good to have something canned. Supposed to clear up tomorrow and be nice so should start having tomatoes next week.
Well I do know God has a sense of humor, I don't understand. Rain when hubby is off, when we sold our house, in December in MN of course had snow as trying to move so....you just keep on plugging away.

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  07:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Sorry to hear your weather isn't cooperating, Rae. Sounds like you have been working like crazy, Grace. I have to admit I am really tired of sculpting white roses. I have about 18 more to go and then move on to lilies and leaves. We had a huge thunder storm last night which meant little sleep for me as my dog is scared of the noise. My garden is so weedy that you can't see the cukes - there is only so many hours in a day and mine have been used up!! I am getting a real good tomato crop and have canned some and will do another large batch this weekend. Pole beans are coming on strong as well. Lettuce is finished with all this heat but the bell peppers are doing well as are the chilies. I got good raspberries and my blackberries are starting to turn so it won't be long before I will have them. Sorry to hear your garden took such a hit this year, Grace. I lost some bean plants to voles or moles - I have never had them until last year. They are destructive little buggers. Hope everyone has a good productive day.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  07:44:50 AM  Show Profile
Sheri don't know how you are finding time to do anything with all the wedding stuff!!!

Ok everyone the sun is really working on coming out and I am excited. We shall prevail!!!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  11:34:24 AM  Show Profile
It sounds like everyone is battling mother nature this summer. We got more and more rain. I finally gave up to pick corn and green beans and took off my shoes, rolled up my pants legs and waded in. I have water standing between the rows and the green bean plants are dying from drowning. But we have been blessed. I have been canning and freezing like a crazy woman. I had just planted my fall vegetables and don't know if they washed out or not.
Rae, hope you are able to get some good weather to move on with the sheep. Sheri, how is the wedding preparations coming along? Grace, you give me inspiration to do a down to detail cleaning but not the right time of year with harvesting and haying and starting back to school.
Will you please motivate me again later in the year?
Jami, hope everything is Ok???
Girls, I suffered a great unsuspected lost...my Patches died. I went out last Sunday morning to let them out into the great pasture and she didn't come out. I don't know what caused her death. She was fine the day before. I miss her everytime I go out to see the sheep. i have a large cow bell that hangs on the gate that I ring when I want the sheep to come in. Sometimes when I was running late in the evening, I would hear the bell and it would be Patch calling me out to feed and shut the sheep in. She would continue to move the bell with her mouth and make enough noise that the other sheep could come to the gate with her and be baaing for me to come out and get my chores done!
My new puppies are growing and they stay right with the 4 sheep that I put them in with. They like to hang out with White Knight. He tolerates them well. How do you feed your dogs that are in with your sheep? My sheep want to get to their feed and eat on it. I was afraid that Patches got too much dog feed...I don't think so but that is the only thing different except for all the rain that we have had.
I watch the weather and think about you all, abnoral heat, cold, rain, storm after storm, hail...God bless you and keep you and your animals safe.
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Contentment is the crown jewel of a happy life.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  11:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Sarita so sorry to hear of your loss of your dear patches. It is always so hard when we lose one of our family members 4 legged or not. I know what you mean by wacky weather - we had big thunder storms last night and someone actually had their house hit by lightening and had it burn down. I really feel for the guy, he had been building that house for three years and had just moved in - the lightening actually hit his bedroom with him in it, it was truly a miracle that he wasn't killed!! I was glad to see your post, I had been wondering how things were going for you as it had been awhile. Gotta get back to making gum paste flowers for the wedding cake.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  3:20:55 PM  Show Profile
It sure sounds like it's been a rough time for everyone lately!

Sarita, I am so sorry to hear about Patches! It is always so hard to loose an animal like that especially when they are special!

Sheri, I hope you get the roses done soon! Sorry to hear about your neighbors house! I am glad he is okay!

Grace, Sorry to hear about your garden! Everything I tried to plant earlier this year died! I am almost done with the yarn I was working on and I can honestly say, I am not sure I will do another one with beads on it! It is taking FOREVER to space out the beads! I think it will look really nice though! It will be black Romney with transparent gold iridescent and matte peacock blue beads! I will send you a pic when I get it done!

Rae, I hope you get some good weather to get outside work done!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  07:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh my heart breaks for Patches - just know that those of us with great ties to our four legged friends feel your loss - the puppies sound wonderful and you will have many years with them. As for feeding the dogs with the sheep - I did and still do. My dogs make it known that they will not share - nothing bad just barks and a jump. Now what is interesting is they will share with a few of their charges if the animal is not feeling well, has been picked on or just feeling in a sharing mood. The dogs have been known also to share a meal of what the sheep, goats or llamas are eating.. It is funny because they will even eat hay at times - I guess they just needed fiber at that time. It the sheep are getting to pushy they I would say just stand while the pup's eat and keep the sheep away. They will soon learn.

As for everyone being so busy - well who says farmgirls live a slow paced life. I love it when my city friends say that to me. Yes, still cleaning, organizing and such around here - boy, it makes it sound like my house was a pig pen - anything but - I just am a real neat freak at somethings. I have also been freezing some berries, vegies and finished meals for the fall and winter. I washed some fabric to get busy and start sewing some aprons, pillows and misc. things for the house and to sell. I picked apart another mohair fleece last night and I am still thinking about what will become of it. I have nine more goat babies to shear but my back is just not up to it today. I hope to paint the metal gates on the farm this weekend - that is about a weeks worth of work so we will see. I also hope to update the blog this weekend - have tons of cute animal pictures to share and some interesting story of strange things happening at the farm. That will not get done till Sunday I think.

So, I hope everyone has a "Country Slow Weekend" and love hearing about the talents you all have. Hope those flowers are turning out. Monica just go to the farmers market - that is what I have decided to do this year instead of pulling my hair out over these plants.
Hugs to all and enjoy the simple things in life - I know I do because the complicated things just piss me off....

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  07:57:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. The flowers are turning out well - so far about 80 roses and 35 small lilies. I still have to do some white chrysanthemums for the grooms cake and some small royal icing pink rose buds and tons of leaves. I will be glad to be past this part as it's becoming a bit tedious. The grooms cake has an Asian theme in honor of his Chinese heritage - it will be an octagon with red fondant and white chrysanthemums and the double happiness symbol on the top. The wedding cake is three tiers covered in white fondant with white roses, blue lilies and under the top tier that is on pillars will be a mixed bouquet of flowers. I haven't done one of these in a very long time so it's taken me a bit to get back into the groove. Hopefully I can bake a 16" cake without it falling!! The largest I have ever done is 14". Top it off with small power outages since they have been working on our lines lately. Hopefully the power stays on once I start baking. I have awhile before I have to do that. I still have to cook the strawberries for the cloud cream filling and the raspberries for the filling on the grooms cake. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Tomorrow it's canning tomatoes. Produce waits for no one. The kids are coming to help pick and snap beans for me while I work on the tomatoes. Hopefully today I can jam through the rest of these flowers/leaves.

I'm still waiting for a "country slow weekend" - I always say that I'll get to it when winter comes but then the last two winters were record snows and mega work just to keep everyone fed and the road open.....so much for slow country living!! Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  07:32:38 AM  Show Profile
Girls, you are making even ME tired reading of your farm adventures! Sounds like some real hard work is going on and some ups and downs of farming also. Sorry about Patches, Sarita. But I like the bell idea at the gate. Might have to think about that. Where do you buy bells?

We had a visit from my city dweller niece (8) and nephew (5) from Thurs to Sat. What fun we had! My niece told me we should give farm tours. I tell you, girls, they are wonderful kids and great to have over but I was plum wore out after their visit and needed a nap! I forgot how much time I used to spend making meals and cleaning up after my kids in "the day."

Sunday was the sheep shuffle again. Moved everyone around to rotate pastures and wormed all of the ewes with Ivomec for nose bots. Everyone had runny noses so it was time. Those buggers are awful around here in July and can cause terrible respiratory tract problems if not treated.

Got scrapie tags in my keeper ewe lambs and put them into my flock inspection inventory. The bookwork is overwhelming if I get behind so I try to keep it up. Got a call on a ram purchase so trying to get some decent pictures taken but it's not easy. The wind was blowing so hard last night I couldn't get a steady picture using my digital! Temps are really nice though, 49 last night. That's a good night's sleep right there.

May you all have a delightful Monday. Enjoy reading of all of your happenings. As always, every single one of you girls amaze me!

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  08:08:27 AM  Show Profile
Hello all - glad to see you posting Jami, was wondering what you were up to. The cooler temps are a blessing aren't they? I can actually do some laundry and still sleep at night without being in an inferno. I can't hang laundry outside to dry here - too much dust from the road - it would be dirtier than when I started! I canned all day yesterday - first tomatoes and then green beans. Got the last load out of the canner at 8:30. I still have some to do today. Have to admit that I am a bit tired today. I sure would like a day off but it's not in the cards. Only two weeks to the wedding and tons to do. I will hopefully get cakes baked and frozen this week - I like to man-handle the cakes frozen it makes it easier to do trimming etc without risking breakage plus it gives me time for a re-bake should anything go wrong. I have to admit that baking a 16" cake is a bit daunting. I have a gizmo called a heating core which goes in the center of the cake to help it bake evenly. I've never tried it out so we will see how it goes. Handling a 26" piece of rolled fondant should be an adventure as well. I have never tried to do one bigger than 14 inches. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me that it all works out. Next week will be the bugger. That's when the whole thing gets assembled. I haven't done a wedding cake in about 10 years so I am a bit out of practice. I also have to cook the strawberries and raspberries for the fillings this week as well. The wedding cake has a strawberry filling and the grooms cake raspberry. I will be sooo glad when this thing is over. I think I will sleep for a week!!!

Hope everything is going well for everyone. Hope your fencing is going well, Rae. How long till the sheep come home? Mine sure are enjoying the cooler temps.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  08:35:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi all!! Well..... the sheep thing isn't moving along very well but also decided my son can keep them until end of Sept this year as he has plenty of grass for them to eat and I won't this year. That way I don't have to buy hay so early. We hope to get posts in this week for shed and then it will probably go fairly fast. Won't fence a huge area for winter but come spring will enlargen it quite a bit.
Just came in from painting new garage door. Hubby made the big door so needed paint before winter, had as much on me as door
Digging a trench as well to run power to the shop and then out for sheep and chicken area as well so I can see out there. Come winter it gets dark awful early around here!!!
Did invest in a pair of rubber boots at fleet supply, they are pink and so cool!!! Such little things entertain me
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  08:38:53 AM  Show Profile
Oops sorry Sarita about your dog, it is so hard to lose a faithful friend.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  07:43:26 AM  Show Profile
Rae it sounds like you have been a busy bee.... Last night my outside lights where a big blessing - we have been having more activity of bears and mountain lions and so last night because of those lights I was able to spot a bad critter and scare it away. The dogs worked all night and to say I did not get much sleep would be a understatement..

I did however finish sewing new bed linen - crisp pillowcases, small throw pillows, and working also on a new quilt for the bed to match. Through me reorganization I came across a wonderful fabric I purchased ages ago - Nasturiums with wonder greenery. So bright and cheerful so off to the sewing machine I went and by bedtime I had a whole new bedroom.. It sure kept my spirits up when the dogs and I where up all night.

Today I am harvesting my two tomatoes on the back deck - Yes TWO! I will take a picture - What a waste of time, money and effort - Mother Nature sure ruined this season. We had a dusting of snow Monday here - just enought in the air to get me excited and to kick my rear in gear. Rae those boots sure sound like something I need - I need a bust in my outdoor gear - heck I live in barn clothes most of the time - I have put on the cutting table about a dozen new apron fabrics just to brighten up this old gal... I would love to know what will be your treat to yourself in barnyard attire for this fall??

Once my son told me the fall scarecrow is wearing newer clothes then you Mom - what's up with that??

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  3:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Hello all!!! Well we continue to work away at stuff. Finally getting a few ripe tomatoes. I have a lot of green ones so hopefully weather is right and will warm up yet this next week.
Can sheep eat tops of stuff like turnips, carrots, etc?? I will have some of that stuff so wondering.
Will finish up canning my beets tomorrow so at least one item will be done. Of course then work will be starting soon and right now hubby is working 6 days a week so not a lot of time and so much we HAVE to get done before snow flies!! Hopefully it will wait until well after Halloween!!
Hope you are all doing well.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  6:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Grace, snow??? I am not ready for snow. I have canned pickles, green beans, pickled beets, salsa, pizza sauce from our harvest so far. I have also froze so much sweet corn. School has started and that kept me busy all week. We are having a cold front and it almost put me down today, joints are screaming at me today and so stiff, taking my meds and keep on going.
Ang came home for a few days to help out here and she got a new floor cloth started for my kitchen and I have been working on finishing it. Just got the base coat on so far, undecided on design...probably be farm and sheep..of course.
Rae, Danny was in Clarkfield Minn yesterday. He went up to pick up a square baler. I knew that I would be crippled up if I tried to make that long of a trip. He left home at 4 am and got home at 1 am. Straight there and back, fuel up and eat...no dilly dallying with him...man on a mission! He thought your country was very pretty and thought the crops looked great.
Some of my ewe lambs got out into a unclipped pasture and you would not believe the mess that they have in their wool, I almost sat down and cried. I will be doing alots of picking before Spring clipping. I have been so happy with the long soft and silky wool on these lambs. I love the looks of these Border Leicester crosses, especially the shetland and BL crosses. They have staples that hang in 6-8 inch ringlets.
Girls, my arms are starting to hurt so I will try to get back with you when I can. I am thinking of you all...
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Contentment is the crown jewel of a happy life.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  11:35:06 AM  Show Profile
I can not believe another week has ran by - is it me or is life getting away too fast...

I am still working on the reorganization but have only given myself a couple of hours each day - too many outside projects and I keep trying to get them in between natsy weather. I still am trying to repaint those decks but every time I almost get it dried out it sprinkles enough to get the wood wet. I spent some time cooking for the freezer and myself. I will get the newest recipe on my blog in the next day or two - trust me this is such a winner... I must admit I ate half of it in the first day and that is so not like me - it was so good that I even called my Mother up to tell her about it and to give her the recipe...

I am excited to hear about all your canning - I have been to the local farmers markets and because of weather I have not found much to get excited about or want to can. I may have to break down and purchase some from the local food chains but that goes against my principles so I will have to get it some long hard thoughts..

We hard a bit of a frost come thru last night and I have not been sleeping much because we have a bear in the area. Leaving the bedroom window open to hear the dogs left me sleeping with a hat and sweater on last night. I love the cold air but would rather the bear was not there. My poor dogs have worked themselves to the bones and I am back to naps in the afternoon - got to love that quite country life.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  1:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I hope things come together for you with the work you are trying to get done!

Sarita, I am praying your joints will give you a break! Sorry to hear about the lambs getting out! The ringlets sound so beautiful!

Grace, I hope the bear goes away! You seem to have had enough critters around to last a while! I finished the single of Sugar's fiber with the beads on it and now I just have to spin the plain single and ply them together! I am going to try and get my new yarns on etsy tonight! I think I am going to try and make a yarn blocker to dry my yarn on. Then it would be easier to to measure and make into a skein to sell! I hope it does quiet down at the farm for you!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  2:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello once again. Well I have rounded up a crew to help get this sheep stuff done DH likes to do stuff himself and never will ask, yet everyone asks him when they know we are trying to get things done so.... being the loving wife I am I asked back so things will get done faster. His 2 brothers have done fence for years so it will go up a lot faster!!
Trying to get some canning in before back to work full bore. Tomorrow I go in for some meetings, blah and then Tuesday back we go. The good thing is I had people asking me yesterday about eggs so have some sales already tomorrow when I go in.
Will keep you posted on my sheep.
Hope everyone is catching up with things. Boy summer sure went fast and hope winter holds off a bit. When you live here (or Colorado, Grace) you know winter can come at any time once you hit October!!!
Take care all!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  5:40:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
Monica I sure am excited to see the yarn from my sweet Sugar Boy. He and his brother moved to their new barn and pasture. Yes, today was the "Dance". I have spent the last two days working out all the details right down to the correct dishes - I know for those who do not manage a farm full of animals by themselves must think "Could it be that hard to move animals from one spot to the next"???

Let me tell you if you are moving 3 foot wide horn spans, 200 pound all male breeding machines the answer is YES! After moving out the old weather boys and Kasha (My top Pry Dog) out of the far West pasture it was time to get it ready for the bruts. That means reinforcing gates, mending and hammering fencing (You would love that Rae) moving their huge feed bunkers and watering tubs (they do not like eating out of someone elses) and then reviewing my drawings. Yes, I spent the weekend working this out on paper just to make sure I had it right. This is the first year I have done the fall move without my sons and I was not going to get hurt. It is silly when you say it out loud by if you have ever had a thunder herd of hormonal males charge you and you have a stuck gate that fails you well it just is pretty. What is funny is really without all the male hormons of my sons trying to bully the billies the walked very nicely thru six patures, 8 gates and into their new digs. As I clipped the last gate my biggest billy (My bottle baby from three years ago) Sherlock came over and gave me a sweet lick on the face and I gave him a bunch on rubs to the neck. Last year it looked like a free for all with two huge cuts to my sons, bruises and a whole lots of cus words being yelled at my billies.

Now for the next round, the yearling billied. That is not so dangerous but much more like trying to take a bunch of preschoolers to the park and not have to chase everyone. I was amazed, with my great planning they walked single file thru their 5 pastures and into their new barn and pasture. The only group that really got me mad as heck was the boys three youngest boys who where still with their mothers. What Butt Heads. That took two hours and a ton of Grace working the pastures to round them up. Great exercise so I guess I will have an extra slice of chocolate Angle Food Cake tonight.

Well, after that we are all settling in for the night - the littlest of boys are crying up a storm missing their moms but Casper and Suger are sitting with them to show them all is O.K. Just another day here at the farm - I am without a single cut, black and blue mark and I think I might have shaved off a couple more pounds. Hope you all have a great night and enjoy yourself tonight.. I will be thinking of you all as I eat the extra slice.

Grace Gerber

http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  9:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Grace, Here is a pic of the beaded single I have done. I am going to spin the other single tonight. I thought I would give you a sneak peek at it! I hope all is quiet at the farm tonight!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  2:08:08 PM  Show Profile
Very Very Pretty - Don't you just love my Sugar. Great spinning and I can not wait to see the finished yarn. He last night got the little boys who where the first night without their mothers quited down and resting in the barn by night fall. That was after he butted heads with them to get their attention, then he rubbed their necks and tucked them into the barn for a good night sleep. This morning they all walked out to the pasture together like best buds. He really is a special guy....

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  2:38:43 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am glad you like it! I just finished plying some, but I ran out of the plain single. I am going to spin some more to go with what I have left.I am going to have to get on your etsy site today and grab some more because by the time I am done I will have just about used up 3 out of the 4 packages I got from you and I wasn't planning on using so much in this yarn! I am really happy with the way it came out!
I love Sugar!!!!Do you have a picture of Sugar on your blog because if you don't mind, I would love to put a pic of him on my etsy page when I list the yarn! I love to know where the fiber comes from and I think other people would too! I will try to get a pic of the yarn on sometime today!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  6:34:34 PM  Show Profile
I have a picture of Sugar on the blog under "My Sugar Lips" Sept 18, 2008. He is a very camera shy guy - most of the time the other goats will step in front of him while I am trying to take a picture.. I hope to get new pictures done of all the animals soon so if that does not work I might try new ones.

Keep spinning and selling because I have some to die for fiber coming to the Etsy shop very soon.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page